It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gray bb color codes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
[color=4E4848]Hello, Yes there are words here.

I was wondering what the bb code for the background color of the post windows is?

For example the color I am using right now is 4E4848.

What is the color code for the background gray color here in this post?

Thanks in advance for any responses,
ILikeStars.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
[color=463E3F]

This color is 463E3F.

I'm only inquiring because I would like to author a thread on cryptography, and this would be considered one means of transferring information in a secret manner.

Maybe this color will be closer to the background color, it should be a little darker than the previous post's text.

edit on 20-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: Trying to find ideal background gray text color.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
[color=413839]

Maybe this color is about the same

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2011 by lacrimosa because: ; ]

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
[color=413839]

Yep, nevermind. I think I found it. Can someone verify that 413839 is the html color code for this background color in post windows?

Thank you in advance,
ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why do it in text [
-like so obvious], when you can readily accomplish the same and more with images and such. (?)

edit on 11/20/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

[color=413839]

Yep, nevermind. I think I found it. Can someone verify that 413839 is the html color code for this background color in post windows?

Thank you in advance,
ILikeStars

You're close but still a little off. You'll notice that the background of each post forms a gradient that goes approximately from 303030 to 464646. (Just a rough approximation using the eyedropper tool real quick in Photoshop.

Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

It will not be the only method demonstrated in the thread, just an example of how it is possible to encrypt or encode information in plane view without people necessarily knowing it is there.

I want to incorporate it as an example of how to hide information, or deliver information in a secret manner.

The thread will be about cryptography, cryptoanalysis, and the like.

It doesn't seem like a stretch to call letters and words people don't automatically see secret.
It would be the modern day equivelent of writing with invisible ink, which has been used to convey secret information by spies and governments for hundreds of years.

I hope it would be acceptable to the mods. This is a conspiracy site, and conspiracies begin with hidden information.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAceSuited
You're close but still a little off. You'll notice that the background of each post forms a gradient that goes approximately from 303030 to 464646. (Just a rough approximation using the eyedropper tool real quick in Photoshop.

Hope it helps.

Thank you it does. It doesn't necessarily have to be perfect, but knowing the code for the background color would be a great baseline. My photoshop skills are .. amateurish, I think.

It's important to note that I will also use this color of text in the thread, and will eventually point out to the participants that their are other words they may not have seen, or let register in their minds.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Ooooh. Thanks 12m8keall2c. Steganography is another tool that can be incorporated into such a cryptography thread.

Aren't you some kind of computer programming guru 12m8keall2c?

You wouldn't by chance know the exact code for the gray in post windows on ATS, now would you?
You wouldn't be holding out on me?

I'll be offline, or off ATS, for a little while. Be back in a few hours. Have to read a Steganography article or two, clean some house, maybe play some Skyrim.

Thanks for the responses, and if you might know the exact color code, by all means please share.

-ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAceSuited

Hope it helps.

Thank you it does. It doesn't necessarily have to be perfect, but knowing the code for the background color would be a great baseline. My photoshop skills are .. amateurish, I think.

It's important to note that I will also use this color of text in the thread, and will eventually point out to the participants that their are other words they may not have seen, or let register in their minds.

Well then let me clarify by saying you're not off as much as you don't cover the whole spectrum, but obviously you're close enough to make it difficult to see the text. I had to get pretty close to the monitor to see the 414141.

As your message gets longer, the difference in gradient behind the text might be more visible (but obviously not that visible because even with a range from 30...-46... you're still doing well. Also, it should work enough for demonstration in your thread. Hope it goes well. I'll stay subscribed to this one to try and catch you when you make the crypto thread.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAceSuited

It may be a few weeks, but I'll try to remember to send you a u2u when I post it. Well, maybe not remember so much as write it down somewhere

Thanks for taking an interest and helping me out KingAceSuited.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Now I'm paying more attention to your avatar.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
[color=808080]this is 808080
so I guess that's not it. Sorry.
edit on 11/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: belay that color order

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
[color=282828]282828

edit on 11/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
[color=101010]101010

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks this_is_who_we_are. Although not exact, I did add that link you provided as a future reference on a list of mine.

I had been referencing this site, which is good, too

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
[color=282a2c]xxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I give up. Drat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join