It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a citizen of the United States I ask you all a question. Would you start a War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Let me ask all my friends a question. Would YOU start a War?

We are in a world that is so interconnected now. That is the difference in examining Human History in the current. We are able to connect stories in the mass media and basically see history happening better then we ever had before. That's why we can "predict" things with some research.

We first had the airlines. Normal people like you and I could hop on a plane and be anywhere we want in the world. Global travel. Hell, if I wanted to go to China right now I could be there in less then a day. That is how small the world is.

Then the beautiful invention of the internet came about which gave us the ability of instant communication on a GLOBAL level. Everything is global. So for us to become One is inevitable. But not through Government because government and power corrupts. Why do they always send the little guy to fight their wars?

We live in the INFORMATION AGE. I wouldn't be talking to any of you about this subject without the internet. It gives the ability to spread ideas for Good at a rate that can go VIRAL.

So because of the internet it has made Government so transparent without their consent. We can actually see how they systematically deceive us through the Mass Media. Our governments are playing 20th Century politics in the 21st Century. It doesn't work on us anymore. The elite are scrambling. We the People of the World will win the the end somehow. Third world countries are literally liberating themselves against their oppressors. In the "1st World Countries" we have a global democratic society that allows us to speak out against our "kings" and their wrong doings. Few hundred years ago if I got in the street and said, "Screw the King he is Greedy"......I'd be dead in less then 60 seconds. The internet allows minds to speak and bring up ideas that would never be presented otherwise.

We are in a time in history where the "Occupy Movement" is about denouncing Greed and Corruption that oppresses our lives. The world goes round on the common peoples back. Yet, few get to live life in luxury. That's whats so unique about human beings. We find happiness in our sorrows. We already live in a utopia buts its fueled by possession of money. Which turns into Power which turns into War for more Power. Power for the Elites.

People have the Power to end War. War should only exist in a video game at the very least. People inherently want to solve problems through Peace. After a decade of total war.....2001-2011......would we honestly want to start a larger one? Everyday I hear more and more on the news trying to scare us into War on Iran. Do you realize that is the catapult that launches us in "WW3"? East vs. West. China/Russia backs Iran. The Middle East is a power grab. The Elites hate the Elites from other countries. Its always been that way in Human History. But common People from all walks of life Love each other.

The internet has united the world against The Elite and their injustices. Wikileaks posted the REAL truth. Julius Asange got thrown in jail. Our Government doesn't like whistle blowers because not knowing that information is "for our own good".

This is what the phrase "Free your Mind" meant during the 60's. It means deny ignorance. The media twisted it and attached it to the drug culture to give it a negative connotation.

This video of Hillary Clinton shows their fear in this video.
www.youtube.com...

This is IMO why Occupy will succeed. What ever your stance on the Movement may be.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The citizens do not start wars. They just cheer on cue. Then they run out (wobble out) to W-mart and buy plastic flags so they can look patriotic while reciting their lines like "its just collateral damage" or "the terrorists hate our way of life."

Also, I am very sorry that so many people are being so misled as to what is behind OWS. This will not end in the way they think. Remember the protesters from the 60s? They are the people who are creating the problems today. They are the ones they were waiting for. They are the ones making war and bailing out billionaires.
edit on 19-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry this is a dumb answer to your question, but I'm feeling a little goofy. My answer is "It depends." Nobody wants to go to war against the little people, that's not the issue. Governments can do things with just a small number of people on their side. It's worse now, you no longer need the backing of a large portion of your population to pick up spears and charge.

I can see starting a war if it's preemptive and fits the "just war" rules, basically if it's defending against an imminent attack, or similar reason. There are crazy people in the world. If those people are also powerful, they have to be watched, and maybe stopped. I don't know of any objections to that, but I'd be glad to hear them and learn.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
As a citizen, I don't want another war, I want inner healing. There are too many things that go on in this country that is against what the majority are for, and yet we get razzed, things that should have been settled decades ago. I would like it that we could shore up problems here before we instigate more elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is alot of talk that the war with Iran would bring about WW3. So my question pertains to would you start a War that is in conflict with a culture that we really have no problem with?

If you knew your actions would lead to the deaths of millions of men would to engage in that decision? Our leaders seem to have no problem committing to that decision. Why? They profit off of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My point is that for ALL of Human History......Elites go to War for their own reasons and interests. Why do we follow them?

I quote BYOB by System of a Down. Why do they always send the Poor?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No I wouldn't start a war.But I would sure as hell finnish it !

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Let me ask all my friends a question. Would YOU start a War?

Hi FreedomXisntXFree. S & F.

There are resources on this planet I'd rather not make extinct using them on wars. The future may need them someday.

edit on 19-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add some stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think I need to sit and meditate for a while. I'll come back when I can form my thoughts better and have a better focus.

All I know is that our government does a good job of convincing us to do certain things. Why do we follow them?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I suppose I shouldn't be posting "I don't know" to your question, but that's all I've got.

There is alot of talk that the war with Iran would bring about WW3.
I don't think it would. Are China and Russia willing to go to war over Iran? I don't think so.

So my question pertains to would you start a War that is in conflict with a culture that we really have no problem with?
People don't go to war against a "culture," they go to war against people and governments. I'm not privy to State Department intelligence, but I would think we have a problem with the government of Iran. And from what I'm hearing, several other countries aren't too happy with them either.

If you knew your actions would lead to the deaths of millions of men would to engage in that decision? Our leaders seem to have no problem committing to that decision.
It would be a hard decision, but someone has to say yes or no, as carefully as they can.

Why? They profit off of it.
Bush profited? The US government profited? That doesn't make sense to me. And I don't believe General Electric said start a war so we can profit. I think even Obama would say no to that one.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I asked this question because.......

Elite use the common man. Elites from other countries despise each other because it all about Power and Control. To gain more control they send common people to War to gain more power for themselves. That is all War of the last 50 years has been about.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Correction

War for all of human history has been about what the Elite gains out the end of the War. Not about what the common man gains. All the common man gains is losing their life for the Elites interest.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
The citizens do not start wars. They just cheer on cue. Then they run out (wobble out) to W-mart and buy plastic flags so they can look patriotic while reciting their lines like "its just collateral damage" or "the terrorists hate our way of life."

Also, I am very sorry that so many people are being so misled as to what is behind OWS. This will not end in the way they think. Remember the protesters from the 60s? They are the people who are creating the problems today. They are the ones they were waiting for. They are the ones making war and bailing out billionaires.
edit on 19-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

I rather doubt that those organising the wars today and making decisions are the ones who were protesting in the 60's. If your born into the right circles, you were attending 'skull & bones' initiations, not mass protests. I doubt very much that the Bush's, Cheyneys, Clintons or Obama's were protesting! Do you think those born into banking families were protesting? Really? How many children of political or banking families were drafted to fight the Vietnam war? How many of them have volunteered for Iraq and Afghanistan? If any of them ever did volunteer or get sent to war, you can be sure they were in the rear, shuffling papers and making decisions on other people's life.

OWS is about people fed up with a system that rewards greed. Today, I saw a story about a (black) guy who went into a bank and held it up, the cashier handed over bundles of money but all he took was $100 because that is what he needed to stay in his rehab programme. He handed himself in the next day saying that he was ashamed of himself as his parents had not brought him up like that! He was sentenced to 15 years.

On the other hand the story featured a (white) Investment Banker who had stolen $3 Billion and was senetenced to 3 years! Tell me where is the justice when comparing these cases????

Therefore, we can conclude that if you steal money, its better to steal vast amounts (if you are white) than to steal a minimal amount, just like you will do life for murdering 1 -10 people but when you murder millions the systems turn a blind eye (eg. Pol Pot/Solath Sar Cambodian leader who murdered between 2-3 million of his people but was supported by the USA after this became public for over 20 years).

top topics

join