It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly found on AS11-38-5556

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi there,

Another short video.

This time about an interesting anomaly found on the Apollo 11 mission.
NASA photo index number AS11-38-5556.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Tell me what you think we see here ...

I have my own thoughts about it.

Enjoy the show and stay tuned for many more videos!

Greetz,

Sander
edit on 19-11-2011 by 1967sander because: added URL

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That is 100% definitely a UFO.

Also 100% not aliens.

I do wonder what it could be tho.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1967sander

I'm sorry but I don't understand , as you admit the photo is covered in other image imperfections yet the one you've highlighted isn't a fault with the picture its a UFO
I'd say the one to the left of your UFO a better candidate

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander
Hi there,

Another short video.

This time about an interesting anomaly found on the Apollo 11 mission.
NASA photo index number AS11-38-5556.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Tell me what you think we see here ...

***snip***

My thoughts are that if you continue to post videos like this the ATS site will be a boring place.

"Aliens and UFOs" is the forum and dustparticles and small debris does not belong here.

Should you find something really interesting I'll be a happy chappy.

OH!
"Structures". It's called artifacts in the digital datastream. Look it up.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I am not going to discuss whether this is a UFO or not. Whether it is a spaceship or not. Whether it is dirt or not.
That I leave up to the viewer.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would say it looks like a satellite in orbit of the moon, probably mapping the surface.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander
reply to post by gortex

I am not going to discuss whether this is a UFO or not. Whether it is a spaceship or not. Whether it is dirt or not.
That I leave up to the viewer.

But surely that's the point of posting on the forum , you post something and put your point and then its discussed .
If you've got no opinion on it why post ?

If the picture is from 1969 you would expect there to be dust and scratches on it by now , then I guess it was scanned into a computer with whatever effect that would have

edit on 19-11-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Sander, thanks for posting a link to the image; you kept your word.

The image can also be found at the top of the Apollo 11 Flight Journal collection. The prominent crater on the horizon is Heaviside.

Details of the Hasselblad 70mm cameras and shutter speeds can be found here.

Lunar photography from the lunar module consisted mainly of specific targets of opportunity, with a short strip of vertical still photography from about 170° to 120°E longitude. Most of the other 70-millimeter command module photography of the surface consisted of features selected by the crew.

I don't think the anomaly is a craft or anything physical. It looks like one of those glitches in processing that we see on so many of the Apollo mission images.

ETA: S&F for making the effort to find the image, making a video, uploading it and especially linking to the source.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Having looked at thousands of scanned photos (I am at this moment moving more than 700,000 images scanned by the company where I work to a new server), it looks like some kind of fibre on the photo or on the scanner, like the other fibres seen on that photo.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There is a chance that they managed to get a lucky pic of one of the Luna probe series in transit. The Russian Luna 15 and U.S. Apollo 11 missions overlapped.

Check this out -> en.wikipedia.org...

The shape is also very close to that which is suggested by the video submitter.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
There is a chance that they managed to get a lucky pic of one of the Luna probe series in transit. The Russian Luna 15 and U.S. Apollo 11 missions overlapped.

Check this out -> en.wikipedia.org...

The shape is also very close to that which is suggested by the video submitter.

That's a good thought with the asymmetric view seen in the picture as opposed to the picture of lunar 15 being due to some kind of lighting effect. Only thing is, and according to your link, lunar 15 had already hit the moon's surface before apollo 11 had left earth. There is also more 'dirt' right and left to confuse the issue. Funny enough, there are other dim targets that seem to indicate motion in the picture.
edit on 19-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Odd... I was going to say something about reading but I just noticed the initial entry of the article doesn't match the "Mission" section below it. At least the pertinent details are missing. (Be careful of TL;DR-itis. But don't worry, that particular article is still fairly short.)

Reading further down and based on the text of the "Mission" section it says Apollo got there first (by 3 minutes) and Luna also did multiple orbits, so there still may have been a chance to see it from the vantage point of the Apollo lander.

Now as to which part of the Wikipedia entry is correct? Maybe the different sources cited say different things. If the second holds true, then there's an interesting but neglected side-story to this historic event. (I know if I was an Astronaut heading towards the moon at the same time as some other country's hardware, I'd be trying to get a photograph if I had some idea of where to look.)

Yeah, I know... Citing Wikipedia... But this isn't a college term paper, and going to the library and waiting to get the materials which are cited in the entry is a bit of a pain. (And even if I did, people would still have to take my word on it.)

top topics

join