It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-OWS threads reach for everything they can to denouce the movement.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by beezzer

Their biggest flaws must be being hippys and needing soap then. Eh?

Nope. Their biggest flaws were that they were part of a progressive movement and were dishonest in portraying themselves as part of the "99%".
They didn't focus on unions, politicians, only on bankers. Because this was about fanning the flames of class warfare.

When they vomitted rhetoric about "economic justice" it's just another way of saying wealth distribution. They wanted what others had. They wanted free schooling, free medicine, free housing. Yeah, right!

Free.

Their solutions to the problems at hand, were bigger government, more freedoms lost, and an imposition of draconian rule.

So they could get what they wanted.

They didn't represent me, my family, my friends. They represented a growing group of entitlement whiners, wo are just too lazy, tired, or stupid to work for what they want.

Life is tough. Life is hard. Grow up and deal with it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree

The thing that bugs me is that Anti-OWS threads condemn the ENTIRE MOVEMENT due to a few stupid individuals mistakes. *snip*

All Anti-OWSers are entitled to their opinion but one thing that stands out is that they try to disprove the entire movement because of FEW STUPID INDIVIDUALS.

Are you familiar with the No True Scotsman fallacy? I see a great deal of this when all the OWSers try to defend the movement by saying it's just a 'few individuals' causing trouble.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Go talk to the local protesters if you have issues with their approach, keyboard warrior. Your opinion is just as valid as everybody elses there, and you will have an equally opportunity to voice your concerns.

What have they accomplished? They've assembled in protest, that's an accomplishment. They're speaking out against our corrupt government and no longer keeping those feelings inwards. But taking down a system which has been corrupted for decades is not going to be an easy task.

There's going to be the controlled mainstream media fighting them every step of the way. The police will try to shut them down. People will infiltrate the movement and cause trouble. People will take advantage of the movement, and join not because they support the cause, but because they can have a place to sleep, get free food, use drugs, and act like dumbasses.

Some people there might have good intentions, but really aren't very educated and don't have much to offer. Some people are just plain ignorant, and go there because they want health care reform or education reform. Those people clearly aren't aware of the underlying theme and the original intentions behind the protests, but don't let individual desires and beliefs wash out the commonly shared concern that our government is corrupt.

Collectively, the occupy movements around the globe can work together to try and dismantle our corrupted government and reclaim the America that once was. With so many different forces working against them, it's not going to be an easy task, but in the closing words of the documentary "Inside Job", some things are worth fighting for.

But go on and pick on individuals who pointed out the flaws in this "occupation".
OK, and you go ahead and pick on flawed individuals within this occupation. Try to fix the system through voting, I'm sure that will work out just great with our electronic voting system. But above all, continue to bash people who are at least trying to make universally positive changes, because they aren't going about it exactly as you would like.
edit on 19-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

I do love how posters talk about other posters on this site when it is a clear violation of terms and conditions so grade school.

But it's perfectly ok for you to trash millions of Americans on a continual basis.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

But see my friend PWS is scared that bring justice will extinguish their core
ideas of unmitigated greed and the ability to rule the world through the "sweat
of ones brow". The lesson of PWS is that we have the right to accept anything
Wall Street can legitimize, who are we to question the true seat of power?
We did not earn our golden wares...

They will not say as much, but many of these people and their political beliefs
are threatened by calls of temperance.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Why not you do it all the time.

People have absolutely no right to tell me what to do or say on here NONE WHATSOEVER exception Moderators.

Do i care about your endless bankers and oil hating threads? No.

Do i care about tupac's endless fox news hate threads ? No,

Free speech here people are free to say whatever they wish.
edit on 19-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

People have absolutely no right to tell me what to do or say on here NONE WHATSOEVER.

Do i care about your endless bankers and oil hating threads? No.

Do i care about tupac's ends fox news hate threads ? No,

Free speech here people are free to say whatever they wish.

Except when they say it to you, Neo, right?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Bull.

I started a thread a while back caled "The cute Baby Kitten Defense". It was aout OWS. They're against corruption.

Goodie.

That's a cute baby kitten. Everyone loves cute baby kittens. Who would be against that?

It's the stuff they hide behind cute baby kittens, the "subtext" of their message that they don't want known.

That they are progressives. They are for bigger government. They are anti-capitalist.

I don't adhere to a dogma blindly. I will question everything.

And OWS has much to answer for.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So why is it people feel the need for the childish insults?

The willful exaggerations.

Not only has it been the norm for the anti OWS crowd.... it's what they're known for... it's expected.. and seldom am I disappointed.

Reach for anything?

To my eyes they reach for the same ole schtick.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing you seem to hang onto blindly.. is your bias.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Do i care about tupac's ends fox news hate threads ? No,
A little off topic, but to be fair I'm against all corporate media, as I've pointed out to you at least eighteen times on this website.

My thread Corporate Media In American Society is not limited to the two party illusion. I'm not going to go into too much detail due to the T&C, but me and a guy from another occupy protest are in the process of working on a mainstream media awareness campaign, which will consist of educating the masses about the corporate media in our country, and how they are controlled. You will be the first one to get a flyer neo, and you can read about me condemning all of the media, not just Fox news.

Now Fox News is a lot more blatant and up front with their agenda and the propaganda than other networks, but that absolutely doesn't mean I'm a CNN/MSNBC/ABC fanboy. Down with all corruption, whether it's within our corporate media, or the big bankers that run this country.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

reply to post by HomerinNC

OK You two, don't try to derail this threads with facts and or by trying to use logic!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing you seem to hang onto blindly.. is your bias.

You call it bias, because, perhaps, you're embarrassed by the truth.

Not my problem.

It is yours.

link   

Originally posted by David9176

But it's perfectly ok for you to trash millions of Americans on a continual basis.

Millions?

The largest OWS Crowd I've seen was 10 maybe 15 thousand...
Well, that wasn't photoshopped

link   

A little off topic? Do i need to quote yours and daves posts?

Didn't open that door.

link   
reply to post by neo96

People have absolutely no right to tell me what to do or say on here NONE WHATSOEVER exception Moderators.

Do i care about your endless bankers and oil hating threads?

I'm not telling you what to say...I'm only pointing out WHAT YOU SAY...

Endless banking and oil hate threads? Yeah, that's all i do here!!!

Looks like Beezer is right along with you...calling Americans lazy idiots!

Both great Americans!!!

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Bull.

I started a thread a while back caled "The cute Baby Kitten Defense". It was aout OWS. They're against corruption.

Goodie.

That's a cute baby kitten. Everyone loves cute baby kittens. Who would be against that?

It's the stuff they hide behind cute baby kittens, the "subtext" of their message that they don't want known.

That they are progressives. They are for bigger government. They are anti-capitalist.

I don't adhere to a dogma blindly. I will question everything.

And OWS has much to answer for.

What subtext?

That is what you think, you are projecting and you are parroting what the media says.

Wall Street DID, 100% certain destroy America's economy, NO SUBTEXT.

OWS did nothing to you, you are an agent of Wall Street, freely recruited,
which is how propaganda works.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That they are progressives. They are for bigger government.
Stricter regulations would have prevented the financial collapse. This doesn't mean an overall bigger government in all sectors, but simply stricter regulations in financial institutions that have the power to screw up the country with their irresponsible actions. Don't get blinded by your small government ideology.

They are anti-capitalist.
People within the group may be, but that's not the intentions of the occupy protest. The goal isn't to get rid of capitalism, it's to get rid of crony capitalism. Some morons might tote "death to capitalism" banners, but they're ignorant. Don't generalize, because you basically just said that I'm anti-capitalist.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by David9176

Millions?

The largest OWS Crowd I've seen was 10 maybe 15 thousand...
Well, that wasn't photoshopped

Neo constantly claims that Americans who are out of work are lazy, I have read it
on more than a few occasions, thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

This is a real simple concept what part of people are free to say and start threads about whatever they want to?

There is no guide on here saying what they can or can't say it is there perogative.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join