It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch it!!! Leonid Meteor Shower Peaks Nov,17-19.....Thats tonight!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Leonid Meteor Shower Peaks Nov17-18,2011...Tonight..I heard it will start at 10pm..Its cold here in WV but im going to try to go out to watch........Ok ill get another link it didn't copy..But its true..Ill be back

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
Leonid Meteor Shower Peaks Nov17-18,2011...Tonight..I heard it will start at 10pm..Its cold here in WV but im going to try to go out to watch........Ok ill get another link it didn't copy..But its true..Ill be back

Lets see if this copied....earthsky.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I read the same thing on Yahoo a few minutes ago. The article said that the moon may ruin the viewing due to it being almost full.

news.yahoo.com...

I'm still going to go outside and check it out, since there is no light pollution where I live. The article recommends looking away from where the moon is (DUH).

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
here are the times to see it...Skip past the 10:40 and scroll down.....techolatte.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I read the same thing on Yahoo a few minutes ago. The article said that the moon may ruin the viewing due to it being almost full.

news.yahoo.com...

I'm still going to go outside and check it out, since there is no light pollution where I live. The article recommends looking away from where the moon is (DUH).

Yea i herd that as well. The moon really lights up strong here...I read someone here has maybe already seen one....They were wondering what the light was...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up ! good clear sky here tonight. I usually remember after the fact...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
thanks for the heads up ! good clear sky here tonight. I usually remember after the fact...

LOL...its so so cold here...Hope i can take the cold..LOL...glad to help

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
here is another link just in case...This says a different time,but im going to watch it at 10pm est..spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a picture of a Leonid meteor.....chic it out..www.google.com...://www.armageddononline.org/images/leonids_meteor_shower_november_2009.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.armageddo nonline.org/Leonids-Meteor-Shower-november-2009.html&h=1326&w=2000&sz=315&tbnid=sWKluEyeIqt77M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=136&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bme teor%2Bleonid%2Bshowers%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=pictures+of+meteor+leonid+showers&docid=n6SqbkdvSI07KM&sa=X&ei=CaHFTpuHJMfl0QGBrZSVAw&ved=0CE4 Q9QEwDA&dur=2975

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
a picture of a Leonid meteor.....chic it out..www.google.com...://www.armageddononline.org/images/leonids_meteor_shower_november_2009.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.armageddo nonline.org/Leonids-Meteor-Shower-november-2009.html&h=1326&w=2000&sz=315&tbnid=sWKluEyeIqt77M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=136&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bme teor%2Bleonid%2Bshowers%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=pictures+of+meteor+leonid+showers&docid=n6SqbkdvSI07KM&sa=X&ei=CaHFTpuHJMfl0QGBrZSVAw&ved=0CE4 Q9QEwDA&dur=2975 [
/quote]

Not this link...what in the world happened

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If this doesnt work oh welll....abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A little cloudy here but , I'll go out and look tonight. Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i would if it wasnt raining with about 5 thick clouds covering the whole sky....same happened last time in august. Scotland gets bad luck for these things

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anything to be seen on the west coast??
It would be great to see some action in the sky for once over here.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Leo just starting to come up in the NE. If you locate the Big Dipper, Leo will be below and to the right of the dipper.
I was just out and Leo is not visible yet, most likely within the next hour.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Thanks for the reminder! S&F.

And tonight & tomorrow are suppose to be cloud free over central Illinois. And I live on the outskirts of a small town, too. Nice view of the sky from my backyard. A little chilly, though.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I remember watching these two years ago in NY with a crystal clear night sky and no moon. I saw about 30 within a couple hours, it was amazing. This year it's freezing, windy, cloudy and a full moon

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
High winds. Which means dust in the air around here.
Followed by rain/snow mix....
It's been clear all week. go figure.
If I see a break in the weather action...I'll be taking a look.

On the plus side...There might be some great shots of Lenticular clouds tomorrow, before the storms some in.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Will Australians be able to watch this spectacle? Melbourne specifically.

If so, what time shall we tilt our heads to the heavens?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I went out to see it but,saw nothing at least not yet.....Its so cold.....maybe ill try tonight

top topics

<<   2 >>

join