It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Occupy Legitimacy in Question, Time to Act or Disperse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here we are, against the banks and power elite, chomping at the chains of slavery very clumsily and inexperienced.

You had a campout, we measured eachother's will, but the fist is falling. This fist falls the more you run. If you fight, you lose. It's time to decide, are you on a side or are you ready to know the truth?

There are no sides, it's a single enemy with a multidimensional manifestation. Divide and conquer. It is a choice, fear or love, you decide.

Good luck, whatever happens it will be historic.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Disperse, re-group, reoccupy. This is only one battle not the be all end all. I think the sensible thing to do would be for some occupiers to start taking over media outlets.It would make sense to camp out in front of major media centers and demand the American perspective be told.

The tactics need to be more underground. A simple acid based invisible ink like Lenin and Trotsky used might be effective. Digital media is backfiring because it can easily be manipulated and forged.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I was saddened by the news OccupyWallStreet got unoccupied so easily, I hoped they would rally sooner but I guess being leaderless has cost them time.
It is imperative that Occupy stay visible, the public needs time to embrace the ideals behind the movement. Next year, when the power rats take a larger proportion of wealth causing even more unemployment thats!! when I think the "Common man" will start to protest the machine. If Occupy are still around they will inherit a "surge" of popular support.

This war on inequality and greed will not be won by a small band of radical thinkers and internet bloggers, only when enough "sheep" join the protest will change happen

These are the early days, most people have yet to pick a side

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Oh, yeah.. right. Brilliant. OWS has already managed to turn the Authorities into die hard, bitter enemies when they didn't start that way in many cities. Messages today from New Yorkers on the OccupyOWS site itself left in comments show the population there has about had all they'll take and open threats of violence from CITIZENS, not police, are numerous and rather specific if Protesters interfere with their evening commute.

What did they forget? Oh yeah... Lets go camp CNN, Fox and the other big networks. Trash their plaza's, lobbies and property. The media that isn't already turning against OWS will then become die hard enemies along side the authorities. This is the problem with OWS right now. The whole concept of public sympathy and support seems to have been trashed in favor of publicity. ANY publicity at ANY cost...and screw who it hurts or makes victims of.

This movement is about over, forever. At this rate and without major changes in direction and focus, the "99%" OWS would dearly love to claim a part of are DEMANDING their police and cities end this whole thing, sooner than later. Quiet yet determined protest in the parks for the LONG term would have worked........ Becoming a loosely controlled mob rampaging across streets, subway stations, plazas and bridges is working to do nothing but add prosecutions and over-time pay for the Police.

.....and the band plays on.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5mok3r
This war on inequality and greed will not be won by a small band of radical thinkers and internet bloggers, only when enough "sheep" join the protest will change happen

I'll just kind of let that sit there and sink in...

edit on 17-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Huh!!

lots of lines

That quote seems pretty self self explanatory to me but I'm very high on "Life" right now so who knows

edit on 17-11-2011 by 5mok3r because: Not Drugs

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I thought there was 'The Plan', you know, the one that was reminiscent of BSG? The Plan I heard about for show after show. I think that's the ultimate irony, the plan is working.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by sbctinfantry

It would make sense to camp out in front of major media centers and demand the American perspective be told.

WHICH "American perspective"? Mine? Yours? I'm pretty sure they would be different.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

top topics

join