It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tapping into the past or future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have never met anybody who experiences what I do sometimes: picking up the past or the future. Now I have not scientifically tried to actually proof that I gleaned info from past/future. Must try that though.

When I was 21 I noticed that I couldn't really tell what the year was. Probably due to all kinds of stress I guess. Since quite some years I can tune in into the past and less often into the future. It's like tasting it, I also know which decade it is due to how it feels and how it looks. Very sunny is the 60-ies for example.

Related to this is a memory from the 30-ies and one from the 50-ies which I have, decades long long before I was born. I analyzed them and they are not from movies or tv.

I see all as information, so tapping into it should be possible (somehow and someway). Now I wonder if there are others here a ATS who also "slide". I mostly do it when in bed and being relaxed but only alpha not the deeper states. Recently I noticed that I can also do it when outside, waiting for the tram for example. It'd like zoning out and into another time. Somehow the weather was involved, pale sunlight shining.

As to the future, even before I knew of the 2050 experiment I had tapped into that year and noticed how calm the world is and that there were fewer people (and also a wetter climate: keep seeing that man walking his dog and it's kind of foggy). People trying to remote time sense 2050 also mentioned the decrease in world population.

So how can I ake this all a step further? And where to?

EDIT: is this the right forum? If not, please move.
edit on 17-11-2011 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
edgar cayce did all this first so unless you got 24,000 archived predictions past and present we can't really look into it. gotta write your dreams down in a journal and post them somewhere whether they make sense or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Hello,
i was reading a book the other night that talked about anyone being able to view past and future events. It is based off deep meditation where one sets themselves down in a room, without allowing for any distractions (quality deep meditation needed), the person visualizes a screen in front of them while holding a 'remote', which one use's to determine if it's the past or future they want to see and then through intense concentration and expectation, images can appear.

I would like to add that I have done little to no research on it and have no personnel references to back up this claim but i find it extremely interesting and your post inspired me to ask this, Do you meditate or have you ever meditated.

I will get you a copy of the article from the book soon, as its on my friends computer if your interested.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thank you both. Edgar Cayce is indeed interesting. I read in The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot about this man who could remote view the past in 3D! He needed to hold an item and then bang he would be transported into the scenes relating to the object. Awesome.

The thing is I can quite easily tap into people and know stuff so to say. But when it comes to this time sliding, it's as if the past or future presents itself to me. As if time wants me to notice it. Like using a radio but only being able to hear a station that's broadcasting in stead of selecting a frequency yourself.

I don't think there is time, I think all is space divided in slides which follow each other. So I don't really understand why time would try to get my attention as I don't even believe in time.

To the poster who referenced the article, sure post it here. Thanks.
edit on 17-11-2011 by QueenofWeird because: typo's!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
yes please, i'm very interested to read that article InspirationEverywhere.

QueenofWeird

i also have some unusual dealings with the future. i think i have a glitch in my system and i live with and experience personal information that is yet to happen. to me it seems normal, didn't noticed it for a long time. now (that i'm a bit finer tuned - i know this is debatable) i see how friends just are not on the same understanding as i am. and if i have my circumstances predicted, i notice that i am told of things to happen that already happened. weird.

maybe i have some unusual 'thing' with the past too. i don't know. we are what we are. it's difficult to truly compare things of the mind and heart with others. specially when we are confined to such a limited vehicle as speech is.

interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

Hello again,

I downloaded a collection of pdf's entitled 'Enlightened mans book collection'. In it there is a pdf file in a hypnosis technique chapter, this is it.

'ero-entertainer

Time travel
The Wonders of Time Travel...
I am sure you have all wondered about Time Travel.... Is it possible? Is it
real? Do I need some elaborate Time Machine? Will I be able to come
back once I leave? Can I go into the future or the past?... ... ...I will answer
all these questions for you!
Yes, it is possible and real! It is very similar to Astral Travel yet different.
No you won't need some elaborate machine but we will make one in our
mind. You will be able to go into the past, present or future and come back
when you are ready. I will teach you my method.
***Note: This method will take you through time by means of the astral
planes and visualization. You will not physically go there... only mentally...
very similar to past life regression.
Here's how we'll do it....

First... you must be able to and have mastered meditation. If you cannot
meditate then you will have no success with this project of time travel.
You must go into your meditative state and clear your mind of all outside
thoughts. Now here comes the important part.... you need to have a special
place to go to when you are in this state of mind.... in other words....
imagine a building in the middle of a field or in the middle of nowhere
surrounded by nothing. You will use this same building every time you
want to do this. The building can be any shape, square or pyramid or
whatever. It must also have no windows... this way you will not be
disturbed by anything outside of it. The inside of this building can be as
simple or as plush as you wish it to be. The simpler it is... the less
distractions you will have. Just make sure it is the same every time.
Now... inside this building will be a room where you have a chair. This
chair is a special chair... it is a big black recliner with controls built into
the arm of the chair. These controls are buttons that will take you where
you want to go. You may set up these buttons in any configuration. For
instance --- a past button --- a present button -- and a future button... and
for even more control... an LED display with a number key pad... this will
be for punching in the exact year in time you wish to travel to. If you do
not want to use a chair you may imagine some big elaborate machine that
you sit in (your own time machine) with all the same controls.
In this room will also be a big giant movie screen. You can even have a
button on your chair that makes it come down from the ceiling. This
screen is where you will be watching the time frame you have chosen. Try
to think of how you want all these items-- the building... the chair or
machine... the screen.... before you you actually go into meditation.
Predetermine how you want them all to look beforehand.
Now that you have all these thing ready in your mind... it is time to get
started!
Go into your meditative state. When you are totally relaxed... take a
mental walk to your special building and close the door. Sit in your special
chair or machine and relax for a few more minutes. When you are ready...
push the button that makes your screen come down from the ceiling and
just sit there and stare at it for a minute. When you are ready, dial in what
time period you want to travel to and or what country you want to go to.
Now... just sit there and do not try to force this.... only sit there and wait
for it to come up on the screen and relax and observe what is being shown
ero-entertainer
to you. If you are impatient.... it will not happen! It may take several days
of trying before you actually see anything but, it will happen!
When you want to come back... just push the buttons for the present on
your chair and take a few minutes to evaluate everything you saw. then
when you are ready get up out of your chair and walk out of the building
and back to your physical body.
This method can be used to have spirits show you things you need to
learn... just go through the same process and ask the spirits to show you on
the screen what you want to know.
Enjoy and God be with you!'

Thats it hope you enjoy

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't think you have a glitch...you just don't remember....yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

do you ?
can you tell me more about it ?
thanks for your kind response .

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
To tap into the future, one must tap into the past, but kNot this planet earth's past, the planet earth before this one, since its most recent past is our future.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I thinkn the zoning into other times I am recently experiencing when outside might be a prelude to full blown time slips....Like the two English women in Versaille circa 1900. Hope I won't get stuck in another time

I'll try to remember exactly the circumstances, other than the pale sunlight. Maybe this is the recipe to get yourself into a time slip.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

What's with the Knot? And I really utterly don't understand what you mean

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ever consider that maybe they're fleeting memories of 'past' lives. For you can be incarnated both backwards and forwards in time....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Hi QueenofWeird, sounds interesting.

I also had sometimes some 'gut feelings' what is going to happen soon, it even saved my life on several occasions.

sometimes i also have visions and dreams about the future or what happems to other people, but very often i do not know if it was a dream, or it will become reality, and when it would become reality.

so i d like to ask you: how do you get your insights ?
While dreaming or while meditation, or even when awake?
Do you use a technique, or it just comes to you ?
If you use a technique, which one ?

Sorry for storming you with questions, i am just curious and eager to learn and develop.

Pace.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

You sound like you have a tap into a stream of information not many have access to. Beyond the veil so to speak, I just takes a little conscious awareness and development.

Like many, I receive synchronicities and reminders. I know it is not just me that this happens to. This phenomenom happens to many, but many are so unaware or know what to do with the information they are receiving. The ones that pay attention to these happenings, thoughts, synchronicities and intuition seem to elevate their consciousness at a faster rate.

I do not have a full clear memory of anything...yet, but I do feel confident that I know what I'm supposed to do. Gain knowledge, impart knowledge, live life with beauty and harmony, live by the Golden Rule, remain a constant and hold the vision. Reminds me of a little calculation I thought of recently...simplistic, but moving in the right direction: Golden Ratio + Golden Rule = Golden Era.....All things naturally beautiful and harmonic.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Well it's more like drifting off in another time, mostly the past. The future is much more difficult for me to access.
That must be because the past is set, what I mean is that our time line is what is. So actual time travel would imo mean creating a new time line (whether travel to past or future).

I get this when being in alpha. Dreamy but very conscious also. And then I can physically sense it, lurking behind the now.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Speaking of synchronicities, lately I have noticed the following. I'll be zapping stations and say for example see something about the Himalya and then another station (from another country) again something about the Himalaya.

I have this regarding all kinds of subjects.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

One way (among others) to improve this faculty would be through Jnana Yoga. If it's something that interests you, a lot of information about it can be found in "The Synthesis of Yoga"  by Sri Aurobindo in part 2 (The yoga of integral knowledge). There's also a book called "The Record of Yoga" which is a gold mine of information. There, you can read:

Trikaladrishti

Trikaldrishti is a special faculty of jnana by which that general power is applied to the actuality of things, their details of event, tendency etc in the past, present & future of the world as it exists, has existed & will exist in Time. It deals with particular fact, just as jnana deals with general truth.

Trikaldrishti works in several ways;

1. Directly, without a means or excuse, by drishti, sruti & smriti.

2. By dwelling in concentration on the object, that process which Patanjali calls sanyama on the object, until the mind in observer & observed becoming one, we know what the object contains, whether past, present or future, just as we can know the contents of our own being.

3. By using as a means some external sign or some indicative science, such as samudrik, astrology, augury etc. These sciences are worth little, if not used by the higher vijnanamaya faculties; for the signs they use, are mostly indications of tendencies and to distinguish perfectly tendencies of possibility from actual eventualities cannot be done by following written shastra or by rule of thumb.

4. By the two powers of vyapti & prakamya which constitute what the Europeans call telepathy.

Sri Aurobindo also wrote a book that might interest you called "Savitri - A Legend and a Symbol". It talks about the past, present and future of mankind.

edit on 18-11-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. So you get it in the alpha-state. That's probably why i sometimes fe.el it as well.
Having ADD (attention deficit disorder) i had some neurofeedback therapy some years ago.

The guy could not believe his eyes, i was in constant alpha state ( well actually doing math exercices i went to delta state (normally the state of deep dreamless sleep..) but that s another story.

A good an interesting point you bring up are timelines: With the big questions: is there one determined timeline? Maybe several more or less parallel timelines? Or is it even very chaotic and our conception of time is just our imagination?

Did you and other guys had visions which you could point to real life experiences ? for instance you see into the future and later really experienced this exact scene ?

Cause i often have vivid visions, i guess about the future, some of them quite nightmarish, but none of these ive seen in real life. Well actually one vision i had was sort of a post apocalyptic version of the city i lived in. Very detailed, every building or ruins of buildings exactly in the spot they are in reality, except for one bizarre building.
Last year i returned to the city and in the exact spot this building was built. Which creeped me out a bit.

Other times its more gut feelings, no details no 5senses but a gut feeling, like 'you should change the side of the street' which i did, seconds after a car crashed into the exact spot i was walking before.

That's why i like to learn more about this subject, to use the useful hints and not to get freaked out about every dream that 'could be'.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There is a brain cavity in all of our heads, that is full of empty space. We do no know much about this brain cavity other than the odd fact that it has been getting bigger the more we have become conscious. Now I believe in a universal consciousness that we are all connected to. This consciousness is everywhere, and does not have to abide by the laws of time. That is it is timeless. How do we tap into this consciousness? You tap into it mentally for you are getting access to it through your brain cavity. Accessing this consciousness can do many things. You may be able to see past/future events, however you are only seeing one "option" out of many options for the future that might be, same for the past. You may also be able to pick up glimpses of past lives, or even thoughts of another person. As far as time slipping and going to a different time physically would not be comprehendable. Since are physical bodies are tied to the laws of time, we cannot speed it up or slow it down. We can only speed up or slow down our perception of time, not time itself. However our minds, consciousness isn't bound by time. It is virtually limitiless, and has the capability to explore and examine multiple dimensions. We also posess the capability of full expansion. Where by we can totally expand all of our atoms to the point that we are basically light, and can travel through walls or fly. And I highly doubt that Edgar Casey, although very interesting, did it first. He may have been first recognized but I doubt he's the first.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like yoga but I think I am on to something. I am talking about being outside and noticing a certain je ne sais quoi which I recognize as an intro into "time travel". And I wouldn't be surprised if it leads to actual time slips.
So when I see that typical pale sunlight (like a veil) while just going about my business (for example waiting for the bus) then I could try to enter whatever "it" is. And hopefully enter another time. What I really would like is to take something with me back to this time. A picture made on my mobile would be nice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join