It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Arrests as Occupy Wall Street Protesters Move on New York Stock Exchange

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

I believe that was Ray Lewis. Retired Philly PD.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmickat

Here is that footage,

I just made a thread on him here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

thanks for posting..wasn't sure how to get links up

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just shows how much disrespect, Officers of the Law have for each other. What is going to happen when more and more Law Enforcement Officers come out in support of the Protestors, are they going to arrest their friends? This is a turning point in these protests that is for sure.
edit on 17-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
just watching this craziness on ustream and a guy trying to get to work was denied access by cops who asked to see some corporate ID to prove where he worked. He was trying to get to work!! not part of the protest in any way and cops wouldn't let him by.
Guy is being interviewed live now www.ustream.tv...

omg now an elderly woman was denied access and she said on camera that police told her that her US passport was no good as ID. She was told she needed a corporate ID
edit on 17/11/11 by cosmickat because: just updated from this live stream

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Police State New York comes to mind.

I do wonder how his Co-operate bosses will react to him being refused to go to work.

Are they going to stop funding the Thugs in the NYPD over this?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Just shows how much disrespect, Officers of the Law have for each other. What is going to happen when more and more Law Enforcement Officers come out in support of the Protestors, are they going to arrest their friends? This is a turning point in these protests that is for sure.

Forget the respect they lack for EACH OTHER. They don't take an oath to serve and protect other officers. The oath is to serve and protect US. So how do they treat US??

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Forget the respect they lack for EACH OTHER. They don't take an oath to serve and protect other officers. The oath is to serve and protect US. So how do they treat US??
Democracy gone,with the wind of 911!!911?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I just seen that too. One of the officers actually asked for papers to pass. Who would have ever thought you would hear that in America?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

LOL biggest joke ever. No they took an Oath to serve and protest those greedy criminal Traders and Bankers. They did not take an oath to serve and protect the Public at large who have been screwed over and over. And you know as well as I do how they treat US! Never was a democracy in the US Anyways.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Apparently he just found out that PA law enforcement and how they handle things is a bit different in NY and NYC.

Lesson Learned.

See how he peacefully coopoerate while being arrested. that is how it is suppose to happen.... believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

I know!! it's an orwellian nightmare, but the good thing is we have uncensored streaming as things happen! We can see for ourselves first hand the truth!

I cannot believe I am watching this..police are actually using the barricades as weapons against the press and protestors
edit on 17/11/11 by cosmickat because: update from ustream

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Officers using barricade as weapon, arrest being made, violence erupts.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Police smashing people w/ barricade, crowds are going crazy, if you look at the ones who come forward during any kind of violence against the police it begins to show something different than what I had thought before. This is wild.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
These people are willing to throw themselves in the line of the police rather than have others injured here. It really is amazing. Looks like the people won this one and the police are removing the barricade?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
the live cover on Press TV is showing how crazy this is getting, seriously, people are gonna get hurt here.
I raised this question in a related post a few days ago that the OWS movement was going to develop through violence and that the violence was likely to come from the NYPD.

Peaceful protest is one thing but the movement world wide today has been immense in Rome and Athens as well as New York. It doesn't show signs of fading away any time soon and I wonder again if the violence against the movement is what is essentially feeding it.
The whole world is watching
edit on 17/11/11 by cosmickat because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hmms interesting and hilarious, the BBC were doing an interviews with a Protestor. A Van drove past them with, WIKI-LEAKS on the side of it

Completely hilarious.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The protesters should, if they are not already start positioning themselves a little differently. Where ever the police are grouped up into some numbers, start surrounding the police. Where ever the police are standing their ground have a portion of the group flank the cops so that no matter which way they turn they will have their backs to the protesters. The cops will not like being surrounded themselves, entrap them within their own net and not make it easy for them to reposition themselves to keep people from being at their backs. Done correctly it is possible the police will have to reposition themselves out of fear of their own safety and possibly leave something unguarded.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

what had you thought before ?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Disgust.

Anger.

Contempt.

Fear.

There aren't strong enough words in the English language to express my feelings watching this travesty.

This is purely fascism at work here. Corporations usurping the police and using them strictly for their own ends.

I'm done with this regime, and regime it is: it fails to be a legitimate administration in a free republic.

The use of the Homeland Security to coordinate police action against legitimate protesters for political purposes amounts to treason in my eyes. Surely this is what it and the "Patriot" Act were truly installed for: political/police control of American citizens to prevent them from exercising their Constitutional rights.

I thought one of the reasons the police use to validate their presence was to stop people from impeding traffic, yet what are they doing but precisely that?

The arrogant hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Sadly I see no way out short of violence.

Not once since this began have I heard a single significant politician offer to address any on the concerns voiced by OWS. Not one single attempt to address anything. It seems the only plan they have is to wait for them to go away. Guess what: that ain't gonna happen.

To those who claim that moving to violence will destroy any credibility or legitimacy, I would like to point out that quite the opposite is true. Libya and Syria stand as examples of legitimate violence against oppression. The days of peaceful protest end when peaceful protest is utterly ignored and the regime in place refuses to acknowledge it, must less negotiate.

Revolution is in the air: the winds of change are blowing, carrying sparks of violence. That violence wasn't begun by the protesters, but by police willingly misused by the corporate regimes pretending to be representatives of the people. There is still a minuscule chance of peaceful revolution, but it fades by the day, soon by the hour, and ultimately will come down to a minute's choice. Choose wrongly and the revolution will begin in violent earnest.

I have no more faith in the American political/judicial/government process. I have called, written, begged and pleaded with my congresscritters for years on a daily basis to no avail, sometimes several times a day I've called. I've signed petitions, voted, and done every single thing I and others could think of to help change things for the better, only to have every effort fall upon deaf ears.

When Custer's body was found, it had sewing awls punched through both ears, in hope he might hear better in the next life. Perhaps that should be the fate and mark of those who refuse to listen now.

America, I weep for thee.

edit on 17-11-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join