It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

xmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i recently got a message complaining that there tired of taking Christ out of christmas.now,i`m not a person to deny someone`s faith,but i tried to teach them of the origin of this holiday. boy oh boy did i get yelled at by alot of people!!!(i made a new friend though that was open minded!)
those of you who know,this holiday is a sham! those of you who don`t want to know will keep going.
all i hope for is people to seek the truth
i told this person that in order to be like the Christ,you have to perform the acts of the Christ(brotherly love and all that stuff)
i don`t deny the Christ,i deny the false interpratations of his teachings
why can`t people get along
the west owes so much of it`s wisdom to the middle east,most don`t know.the west had no concept of the `number`zero before the crusadedes.stupid europe was in the dark ages while iraq was in its hayday
no,i`m not a muslim,i`d like to think of my self as a pagan
i just wish people would research,and not follow by blind faith.
many names,ONE GOD
blessed be peace

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I think most people know the origin of Christmas by now... All the non believers I know rub it in my face every year.. It's not so much the act of Christmas its just symbolic... I don't get a tree ever but I do go to Church on Xmas eve... There's just something about it you know?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Taking the Christ out of Christmas. That would be Xmas. I do that all the time.
I was raised by an atheist, and a slightly pagan Rosicrucian (Celtic roots). I don't think any of us ever cared about the origins of Xmas, being non religious, it's a good excuse for family festivities, and a good meal. Presents for the children.

Everyone trying to verify what it is, or isn't, whether or not it's politically correct or not, is a waste of time. I celebrate Easter too, for the children, the feast, and the chocolate.

I have a Jewish last name, I could celebrate Hanukkah to if I really wanted to, but again, it would only be for the festivities.
If I knew about all the different festivities when I was younger and had more energy, I could have celebrated different religions festivities all year around, whichever are the fun ones.

I did go to Xmas mass once on Xmas eve with a friend, I was in such a state

If there was such a thing as a strict God, or a God without a sense of humour, I would have been struck down on that evening, I'm sure......

That's how we pantheistic pagan agnostics do it.
I'll be looking forward to the winter solstice......

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

aye,we`re the same! background and all! my kids get their christmas& easter but they know the meanings!
we`re scottish celts,and the solstices & equinoxes don`t go unoticed.
i don`t disagree on the notion of these holidays,i just would like it if people would understand them better.
peace among men,not hate because my god is better than yours kinda crap
thats how i raised my kids,thats how i live my life
but i will defend my beliefs.when my kids hear thunder,they still refer to it as the hammer of thor!
if its any cosiquence,i`m attending a christian gathering later this month. that should prove to be interesting!!!
no i`m not gonna preach,just observe!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

the norse would hang shiny peices of metal on pine trees on the winter solctice (pine being an evergreen,didn`t `die`in the winter)to remind the sun to come back.
this is where the christmas tree comes from
me & my kids string popcorn on our trees so the the `local`wild life can feast too!
christmas isn`t just for kids!!!! everyone gets a gift!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Christmas is a pagan holiday and Jesus wasnt even born in December...whats even more funny is that in the bible it says God created the earth and heavens in 7 days and he rested on the last day... Alot of people think the week begins with monday and its actually starts with sunday and ends saturday yet people think they go to church on the day of rest (sunday 1st day of the week) when it is actually saturday, to show respect to God and whatever I dont know if their ignorant or it was setup to be that way mocking God.

But Christmas no longer has anything to do with religion/god/jesus its an american holiday.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What do I care?
I am a so called non believer but who cares, it's all about the presents and the booze.
If your too miserable to not enjoy chrissy then that's your fault and there is no need to preach whatever it is you are preaching to others whilst they are enjoying the holidays.

It just doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's an uplifting season and has, like everything else on this planet, naturally evolved to incorporate virtually everyone who wishes to partake. I've no want or need to rub the noses of any Christian in it, matter of fact I've always thought fondly on the many people who still go to church on Christmas eve though it's not something I've done myself, though a televised version is usually on the TV while I'm wrapping the last of the presents.

Let people celebrate how they wish without question. Why dampen such a wonderful time of year for many. Why mar it with why's and wherefore's.

I know damn well the evolution of Christmas, yet regardless of my own path I've no wish to have the Christ taken out of it, nor Santa, nor flying reindeer, nor the old promises of snow even though it used to end up just pissy and grim. Everything has a place in my home at this one time of year.

You've got to be a heartless git if you don't fill up at bit at the little ones school nativity, or little ones singing their hearts out about ickle baby Jesus.

You don't have to believe any of it..You just have to feel it.
Stop being a miserable sod.

top topics

join