It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same "monster" in my dreams, three nights in a row.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
For the past three nights this “monster” has been a feature in my dreams. In my dreams the monster is HUGE, and it is in the shape of a person (a big wide person) made up of brown strings or a potato sack. Kind of looks like the Stay Puft Marshmellow man, in size and shape.
At the beginning of each dream it is walking threw a town or city or someplace like that, sucking up evil. The more it does this the scarier it gets and the more panic I feel. I am me (I think) in the dreams and it my mind in the dream it is coming for my youngest 10 month old son. In my dream it’s coming to unleash the evil onto my son and make his evil. It never gets him, and for whatever reason the monster will fade away and my focus will be to some other part of the dream that is not really scary at all.

Last night was the worst one. The same start happened, with the monster coming and so on, but then I am in my car on a familiar road and a car swerves towards me (a silver Volkswagen beetle), I swerve to miss it only to hit an SUV head on. I am not wearing my seat belt, and I somehow end up flying out of my car and landing in the ditch on the side of the road. This is where I woke up.
It bothers me because of how real this one seemed to be, and how I felt when I woke up. I was terrified really. I woke up my husband so he would roll over and cuddle me, and it took a very long time to fall back asleep.

I feel like this “monster” means impending death or doom. At least that’s how I feel in the dream when I see it.
I want to add that I have been dealing with an illness for months that was just confirmed and diagnosed yesterday, and that maybe the dreams have something to do with that in some way. I started having very weird dreams a few weeks ago, but the past three nights have been featuring the monster. I am also having reoccurring dreams that are not that significant, but repeats of dreams I have had in the years past.

I am usually one to realize when a dream is just a smash up of stuff from the day, things I saw on TV or whatever, but this last one really spooked me. Just wanted to get this one off my chest, seeing as how the world is kind of simmering to a boil and such I feel that my dreams are reflecting the anxiety in some way.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I remember about 5 dreams a year, and thats only usually because i ate to close to bed time lol, try not eating 3hours before you go to sleep, works a treat
. unless you are on medication or something then you're stuffed

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I sometimes have recurring nightmares as well. Not to make light of your situation, but your description of this monster reminded me of

Next time you have the dream pull his strings and unravel him.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Haha! Forgot about that guy, the boogy man. It's been forever since I watched that movie. Yes, it kind of does look like that only more square.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

Last night I did happen to drink a big glass of milk a little bit before bed. I will take your advice and try not eatting anything. I hate to think my milk was the cause of such a terrible dream.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This monster could be an internal creation of your mind or an external entity. If you are preoccupied with negative current events, it is likely internal. An external entity you will often "feel" even after you wake up, especially in the middle of the night. The room may seem "alive". The internal manifestation of negative thoughts can be eliminated by changing your outlook and dwelling on positives. The external entity you can tell to leave you alone, and it probably will. Or, you can embrace it and show it unconditional love. That works too, because you actually feed BOTH the internal and the external with your fear.
No joke.

edit on 16-11-2011 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

I feel like this “monster” means impending death or doom. At least that’s how I feel in the dream when I see it.

You are probably right about what it means, but wrong about the source. This isn't your dreams trying to tell you something, this is you telling your dreams what to be.

I often have dreams of helplessness. I'm in some dire situation and I suddenly realize it is hopeless. I am outnumbered, or out of bullets, or fully trapped, etc.

I've found that my dreams usually represent some repressed stress that I'm under. Is there a monster looming over your life in some area you haven't taken notice of? Deadlines, Holidays, Test Results, a Laundry Closet piling up? I'm sure there is something you have slowly repressed to the point that you don't even realize it is weighing on your nerves and causing subconscious stress.

Attack your real-life monster and the dream one will go away.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
At the beginning of each dream it is walking threw a town or city or someplace like that, sucking up evil. The more it does this the scarier it gets and the more panic I feel. I am me (I think) in the dreams and it my mind in the dream it is coming for my youngest 10 month old son. In my dream it’s coming to unleash the evil onto my son and make his evil. It never gets him, and for whatever reason the monster will fade away and my focus will be to some other part of the dream that is not really scary at all.

Lol, that's a typical nightmare, especially the way it grows and disappears.

Everything requires your attention to exist in dreams, and the more attention you give something, the the more related detail it creates. All nightmares start when something dangerous or scary captures your attention. They capture your attention because they are dangerous or scary. Then once you are focused on whatever it is, your attention causes it to grow out of proportion. The more attention you feed it, the more it grows out of control. The more it grows out of control, the more attention it demands. Doesn't take long before things spiral out of control.

It never gets him, and for whatever reason the monster will fade away and my focus will be to some other part of the dream that is not really scary at all.

If you look at your dreams, I'm sure you'll find that your attention didn't go to something else because the monster faded, but that the monster faded because your attention went somewhere else.

I'm not big on ascribing meaning to dreams. If there is any meaning to be found, then it's why you focus on the things you do. In the case of nightmare scenarios, it's no big mystery, simply a survival instinct. I'd blame the triple rerun on the emotional impact those dreams had on you, nothing more. That and the fact that you're still focusing on it even now while awake, which is sustaining that creature with your attention. Remember, everything requires your attention to exist in dreams. Forget about it, laugh it off, and it won't bother you again.
edit on 16-11-2011 by The Cusp because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I want to add that I have been dealing with an illness for months that was just confirmed and diagnosed yesterday, and that maybe the dreams have something to do with that in some way. I started having very weird dreams a few weeks ago, but the past three nights have been featuring the monster

Yes the monster could represent the dis/ease

The monster is just an aspect of yourself you don't like.
edit on 093030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Actually, that's the worst way to deal with dream monsters. Ignore them and they will cease to exist. Although fighting them is more fun, you need to focus your attention on them in order to fight them, which makes them stronger.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
This monster could be an internal creation of your mind or an external entity. If you are preoccupied with negative current events, it is likely internal. An external entity you will often "feel" even after you wake up, especially in the middle of the night. The room may seem "alive". The internal manifestation of negative thoughts can be eliminated by changing your outlook and dwelling on positives. The external entity you can tell to leave you alone, and it probably will. Or, you can embrace it and show it unconditional love. That works too, because you actually feed BOTH the internal and the external with your fear.
No joke.

edit on 16-11-2011 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

When I woke up from the dream last night I did have this feeling that something was in the room, and it was very cold. I got up, and went to the bathroom and so on, but when I went back into my room the feeling of something being there was still there. I hate to think some nasty spirit is attacking me in my sleep.
Oddly enough my middle child (3 years old) has not been sleeping well at night, and ends up napping during the day more. My instinct told me he was being bothered by something, especially since he's been drawing a "ghost" on everything lately. That is another post intirely, i've been thinking on making, with the photos of his ghost drawings.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

Actually, that's the worst way to deal with dream monsters. Ignore them and they will cease to exist. Although fighting them is more fun, you need to focus your attention on them in order to fight them, which makes them stronger.

But if they have a basis in real-life, and you have real-life stress, then you need to rectify that stress. The dream monster is just a symptom of your real-life stress, and it needs to be alleviated for the good of your own health.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Oddly enough my middle child (3 years old) has not been sleeping well at night, and ends up napping during the day more. My instinct told me he was being bothered by something, especially since he's been drawing a "ghost" on everything lately. That is another post intirely, i've been thinking on making, with the photos of his ghost drawings.

Halloween was only 16 days ago. Don't underestimate the impact Halloween has on children, how much it captures their attention. If he's still obsessing over ghosts after Christmas, then you can worry, but I'm pretty sure Christmas will eclipse any residual influence Halloween had on him.

But if they have a basis in real-life, and you have real-life stress, then you need to rectify that stress. The dream monster is just a symptom of your real-life stress, and it needs to be alleviated for the good of your own health.

Yes, but it's the same principle that creates nightmares. You stress over something because you are focusing too much attention on it. Just like nightmares, if you can learn to ignore what's stressing you, it loses all power.
edit on 16-11-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Is there a monster looming over your life in some area you haven't taken notice of? Deadlines, Holidays, Test Results, a Laundry Closet piling up? Attack your real-life monster and the dream one will go away.

I can't think of anything like that looming over me, besides from the laundry pilling up in the closet, which makes me suspicious that you are actually my husband telling me to put that stuff away, lol! Just kidding....

I will have to do some serious reflecting to see if I have a real-life monster, but I like the suggestion! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That is interesting.
I don't have a problem with nightmares, but I have had "visits." Some will scoff, but I know what I know. I meditate, and I know where my thoughts come from. I can dream about what I want to dream about. The entity that visited a while back was spooky. It literally screamed in my face when I was sleeping. I woke up, and my skin was alive with goosebumps coming in waves. In my mind I told this thing to leave my house.
It did.
I hope this helps. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything they don't want to believe.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I was just reading this today but I know I have read it in the past, when I didn't understand the concept so well.
I do now and it makes perfect sense.

www.unicusmagazine.com...

'I pray their ears and eyes are unstopped' comes to mind.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

So, it's this "sky fish" thing that is giving me these terrible dreams by controlling my mind?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The thing that I got about the monster is that it is the disease (because it is sucking the life out of the city or attacking it) and you are worried about your son getting it. The monster is chasing your kid. But the good news is that he gets away. The SUV sounds like a surprise in your life (you didn't see it coming and bam!)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Try looking at your watch(buy one if you don't own one) every 15-30 minutes. You will eventually condition yourself to do this reguarly enough that the behavior will manifest in your dreams as well. That will let you know when your dreaming and should hopefully trigger the thought process of "I have seen this before in a dream, Oh wait I am dreaming!". That should enable you to lucid dream to a degree and deal with the pest*

*Lucid dreaming doesn't always work when dealing with pest's. I would say it works 3/4ths-9/10ths of the time.
edit on 26-11-2011 by korathin because: removed quote-

top topics

join