It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons cannot be trusted.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
The fact that a Mason has loyalties to the Order that supercede those of the nation state...

Wrong.

From the Entered Apprentice degree:

"In the State you are to be a quiet and peaceable citizen, true to your government and just to your country. You are not to countenance disloyalty and rebellion, but patiently submit to legal authority, and conform with cheerfulness to the government of the country in which you live." source

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Actually our Order and our Oaths do not supersede our duty to God, family, country, or neighbor. This is well documented.

As for the Presidents comment, only 14 were presidents and here is the statistics on them that I could find:

- 6 went through the Royal Arch
- 4 became Knights Templar
- 2 were Grand Masters of a Grand Lodge
- 1 was a Deputy Grand Master of a Grand Lodge
- 1 only made it to the 14° of the Scottish Rite
- 3 were 32° Scottish Rite Masons
- 2 were 33° Scottish Rite Masons (one of them being Harry Truman, the 33rd US President)
- Harry Truman was the only 50 year Mason to be President

Not really a myriad of "high level", statistically speaking.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Duplicate post
edit on 4-12-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Secrecy, Murder, Treason, Freemasonry.

Do you realize how harmful falsehood can be? It destroys families and lives. 99% of all terrorist attacks are based on false memes/beliefs they picked up about their enemies.

Someone reads the garbage you post, goes out and slaughters a family where the father happens to be member of the local charity club.

Are you even remotely aware of your responsibility as an author of the public domain?

Do you have even a speck of integrity, or you you not care about the violent insanity and bloodshed these lies have caused throughout History?

Does truth even matter to people like you? Or do you think everyone should just fulfill their sensationalist drives, at the expense of others?

Do you ever feel remorse over publishing lies?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's become a sort of an inside, stupid joke that there is an overwhelming amount of masons on this site, especially as moderators. Overwhelming because they represent a minuscule demographic in society, but somehow manage to take up a chunk of the mod population on a conspiracy forum. Yea, that's completely normal and expected. It's because you're successful members of society, and very professional with much integrity, etc, and you just happen to "fall into prestigious positions" naturally. Yea, we all get it.

What we care about is that you belong to a cryptic organization that is wholly exclusive to old white men, and you are tasked with moderating the communication and speech of others in a forum for discussion that is worldwide and represents the entirety of humanity that can access the internet. It is disturbing and it's called vested interests. You made your own bed, now you may lie in it.

You are a cult. It is no different than being suspicious or wary of fundamentalists of the Abrahamic faiths, or Scientologists. No one really wants to listen to you, because you belong to a creepy cult with exclusive membership. People certainly don't want to think you are able to control whatever they say, delete posts, alter conversations, etc. You just happen to all know each other as well, and all of you as always show up in the same discussions, you come out like attack dogs.

Regardless of your intentions, true or not, you are missing the bigger picture here. This is classic symptoms exhibited by people in a cult. They don't recognize that people are weary of, or offended by their organized affiliations.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
What we care about is that you belong to a cryptic organization that is wholly exclusive to old white men...

We have men of every ethnicity in my lodge, try again.

They don't recognize that people are weary of...their organized affiliations.

I recognize some people do not like it, but you know what? I do not give a crap, what I do on my free time is my business, not anyone else's.

edit on 4-12-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

t is no different than being suspicious or wary of fundamentalists of the Abrahamic faiths, or Scientologists. No one really wants to listen to you, because you belong to a creepy cult with exclusive membership.

Here's something really creepy, brace yourself: I dont only like Freemasonry, I think Scientology and the Abrahamic Religions are pretty interesting too.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Could you please provide some statistics on Mason vs non-Mason moderators on this forum? And at what percentage constitutes a "chunk"?

Are we Masons not entitled to be on this website, this forum? Are we not entitled, that showing proper skill and ability, to become Moderators? If you think a Moderator who is a Mason has acted improperly then please show us when and how.

Freemasonry is not "wholly exclusive to old white men". I'm 27, but if that is old then call me geriatric. I am white, but my Grand Lodge does not exclude members based on race or skin color. There is a Prince Hall Lodge in our area, but we are in amity with them and often visit each others Lodges.

If Freemasonry is a cult then we can call any assemblage of men with similar beliefs a cult. You throw cult around like your trying to beat us with a stick. Fundamentalist? Freemasonry? Hell, in the 1st degree alone we teach one should practice moderation and circumscribe our desires so that we don't fall to one extreme or the other.

You also think you can speak for all non-Masons, but that is extremely pompous, pretentious, and arrogant.

If we are attack dogs then we are only loosed upon only lies, fallacies, hoaxes, and defamation. I fight against the enemies of Freemasonry: tyranny, fanaticism, and ignorance. If this makes me a horrible person in your eyes then I am not going to have any trouble sleeping at night.

If we are brainwashed by our cult, wouldn't our family and friends have noticed negative symptoms of this membership?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I stand corrected. Freemasonry has a history of being vastly multi-ethnic and not overwhelmingly exclusive to white men. It's certainly not a 'good ol' boys' club by any standard of measure.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I stand corrected. Freemasonry has a history of being vastly multi-ethnic and not overwhelmingly exclusive to white men. It's certainly not a 'good ol' boys' club by any standard of measure.

In the lifetime of most on this board, I'd say AM's point is mirrored in my (urban) lodge. Is that an absolute across international boundaries? Note necessarily. However, our current Master is Sikh, our Senior Steward Mormon, our Junior Warden Catholic, numerous members Muslim, numerous ones Catholic (in defiance to the Vatican), other members Jewish and the remainder various flavours of Protestant. Is this representative of Masonry in general? No, But then again there's no such thing as one particular Lodge which can accurately be described as an exemplar for Masonry as a whole.

Fitz

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well, just throwing this out there, but I am a member of a lodge and I think that the lodge pretty well represents the ethnic makeup of the town. I think perhaps non-integrated groups or those who don't speak the language of the area might be less well represented - but I bet they're also less well represented on the local council, charity organizations etc.

For example I know you will find a considerable number of British-Caribbean masons in British communities where they are present as an ethnic group, because they've been here for a while and are pretty well as integrated into our culture as any other group, this also goes for any other race or religion.

One group I haven't seen represented is poles/eastern europeans, but that might be to do with the soviet tradition of anti-masonry causing there to be few lodges off east leading to less interest from people in that area? (Just an idea).

I don't think anyone would have a problem letting someone of any race into the lodge, so long as they were decent god fearing people.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ecumenicalist? pluralist? Very revealing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join