It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Demystified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It seems to me the simple things in life are slowly disappearing. This information age we're in makes anyone with an internet connection an expert on just about anything. Go back to the days of Plato and Aristotle. They didn't need a technology to become great philosophers. That's because everything you need to know is already inside of you.

Try this simple experiment.

Next time you have a day's worth of free time don't watch TV, browse the net, think about conspiracies, or think about anything stimulating for that matter. Clear your mind and go for a walk in the park. Sit down on a bench and watch the world around you in its entirety. Lay down with a good book from the long lost past. Look up at the stars. Really stare at them and imagine how immensely small you are in the grand scheme of things. Then just go to sleep.

You will learn more about yourself and the universe than you ever though possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We live in a world where distractions are becoming a problem, instead of becoming more social and loving, we're disconnected and fragmented. Being active on internet doesn't make you a social person if you never speak to strangers in the real world...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by robile

This is a nice approach to detaching from the rat race and calming down.

But in this world you also have to study to learn.

That is because most of us have blocks to knowing the truth. And until one understands that, and how to deal with it, gains in knowledge can be impossible. or too difficult for most. It could be as simple as whether or not you can remember something important that happened to you.

But in the end, you are correct. There is nothing to know that you don't already know, or could be created from what you know.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I've done this so many times. With each time I do this, I'm left without an answer to all my pertinent questions. I feel helpless, because I cannot answer them. No religion will suffice for me. Then I have to slowly recede back into reality...

Like Canibus said, "Meditate, you will see it clearly/elevate to a level where your judgment isn't impaired daily"
edit on 11/16/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

But in this world you also have to study to learn.

....... It could be as simple as whether or not you can remember something important that happened to you.
That may be so, but you no longer have to actually learn, in order to know.

Nowadays, in order to know something, all that you really have to learn is how to use a search engine.

reply to post by robile

You should check out this thread: [color=47FCE4]An Internet Experiment
It was posted only a few hours before yours.
If you have not already seen it, then I think you will appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
I've done this so many times. With each time I do this, I'm left without an answer to all my pertinent questions. I feel helpless, because I cannot answer them.

Don't concentrate too much on the questions. Forget about them for a while if possible. If they are of any true significance then the answers will seek you out.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
You should check out this thread: [color=47FCE4]An Internet Experiment
It was posted only a few hours before yours.
If you have not already seen it, then I think you will appreciate it.

Excellent thread. That man has the right idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by robile

Becoming a great philosopher is easy.

Just stand around and talk about absolutely nothing in a meaningful voice. congratulations, you're a philosopher.

Now go do something useful with your life.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by robile

Becoming a great philosopher is easy.

Just stand around and talk about absolutely nothing in a meaningful voice. congratulations, you're a philosopher.

Now go do something useful with your life.

Haha never thought of it like that. You must be one of the greats.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You have, indeed, discovered the secret to life.

Thank you for spreading the news.

It's funny how frequently people forget that life isn't inside a screen these days.

new topics

top topics

join