It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me About Your Heaven..Streets paved in gold?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I've always been keen on Richard Matheson's ideas of heaven as illustrated in the film "What Dreams May Come", based on his novel of the same name.

Richard Matheson, as you may recall was a writer for the original "Twilight Zone" tv series, and was the author of such works as "I Am Legend" "Hell House", "Somewhere in Time", "The Incredible Shrinking Man", and "A Stir of Echoes".

In addition, he authored a book titled "The Path", a nonfiction book in which Matheson expressed his own spiritual beliefs.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/16/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo, The Path

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Dragon Slaying in Heaven and the idea of traveling from planet to planet throughout the cosmos killing off hordes of evil infestations sounds neat and just think you will never be bored there is tons of evil out there..thanks for posting..Peace,sugarcookie

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Hi this_is_who_we_are..Unity mentioned the movie in her post to me "What Dreams May Come" i saw the movie not to long ago and it touched me it was very well done..
I'm going to order the book "The Path ' it sounds like a good read..thank you..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hello TerryMcGuire,Funny you should post that song brings back childhood memories my dad use to sing that song to me one of my favorites..Thank you for the smile..peace,sugarcookie1
SugarCookie. My mother tells me that once when I was young, maybe 5, maybe 8, I asked her if there would be toilets in heaven. Her reply to me was "Well certainly Terry. If you want a toilet in heaven, you will have a toilet in heaven."

Ahh heaven. What a simple choice.

Choosing to not believe in heaven.

Choosing one or many things that we are told it is like to believe in.

Making up our own.

Big Rock Candy Mountain goes a pace for me in it's fanciful heaven.
Yeah this song just let's us know it's all ok.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

What your mother said to you was cute its all in what we believe i guess or want to believe ..After reading all the posts in here from all the wonderful people on ATS maybe there is more to heaven..Maybe one day i will walk on streets of gold and feel no pain and all worrys will vanish and see my friends that have pasted over time will tell ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Sound nice to me. See ya there.
T.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I won't know that I am dead, you wanna know why? Because i'll be dead.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

lol yep thats true
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I truly hope there is something after this life, I hope this short life here is followed up by an eternity of happiness and love I would hate to have this be it if it is i have truly wasted my time here with frivolous things like mowing the lawn, paying the bills with what little money i make, and working for a living when i could have been out stealing million dollar sports, banging strippers and living a life full of drug fueled binges of sheer ecstasy. Call me selfish if you must but i want there to be a heaven so i can be rewarded for a life of all work and no fun.

To answer your question OP my version of heaven is as follows
- There is no such thing as money, i could care less if the streets are gold in my heaven everything is free all i have to do is think about it i want a Ferrari poof its in the driveway, 1970 Chevelle poof its in the garage, bass boat oops there it is tied to the dock of my lake

-I can time travel i want to go back to the days of fishing in the creek with my father when i was a child poof there i am 8 years old fishing in the old fishing hole with dad. I want to meet Socrates poof im wearing a toga and chatting philosophy while watching a gladiator fight a lion, visit Pangaea no problem, watch the truth behind the forming of the universe well pull up a chair.

-I can meet everyone in the world, my grandfather to the 500th power done hes coming over for dinner,

-I know everything yes i mean everything every question man has ever asked i know the answer too

-I can exist in multiple places at once, i can be fishing with my father at the same time as watching a movie with my wife while hunting with my son while racing a evo around a drift track

-Im never hungry, tired, sick, scared, have to pee, never have ED (not that i do now but i am getting older :-))

-Of course there is peace but in an instant i can jump back to WW2 to fight the Germans

- my family is with me

-I never have to do anything ever!! what ever i want to do i can do, no schedule, nowhere to be ever again

-sex lots of it with whomever i want and my wife doesn't care because she is doing it too but of course with her as well she is after all my soul mate but come on who wouldn't want to nail everyone they ever lusted after in my heaven you can if you so choose

- I can choose to go however long i want with out seeing anyone or see everyone if i so chose, i would love to go for a 5 year walk in a trillion acre rainforest where no human is and i could walk around NYC with 10 million other people.

-I can be what ever i want to be, I want to be a cheetah, done a fireman, done, a rock star, done a professional fisherman, done an astronaut, done

-I'm happy never in a bad mood, there is always a spring in my step

-If god does exist i would like to hang out with him as well maybe do some fishing with Jesus i heard he really likes fishing

In my heaven whatever i can think of or dream up is there go ahead call me materialistic but i dont care i have lived a life inside my means and in my heaven all those things that are out of reach in this world are mine with just a thought. My loved ones surround me each of us in our own paradise but with each other. I hope you can all join me.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Hello Immune,Yes your right life is short here time just seems to fly by for me ..I'm hopeing that the next life is full of of happiness and love..
I don't think your selfish for wanting to be rewarded for a life of all work and no fun..Seems like most of us just get up each morning go to work come home do what we need to do go to bed and get up and do the same thing over again..
Then we pay our bills never seems like there is enough money to stretch out to go have any fun i know thats how it is here for my husband and me..
Your idea of heaven sounds pretty darn good to me do me a favor please if there is a heaven look me up and lets have lunch in paradise

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I was reading your post about not having any memory or instinct towards the afterlife or your past lives,
Have you ever thought of yourself as being a new spirit?

Do you get excited about seeing things, amazed by everything around you? You have trouble understanding others, everyone seems stiff and board with what they see, but you see things with new eyes.

Is this a good description of you? If so you may well be a new spirit.

Love and harmony
Whateva x x x

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I never thought about being a new spirit but what you described is me, I do have a problem understanding others ..So maybe that is me a new spirit
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions;
if it were not so, I would have told you;
for I go to prepare a place for you.
Have faith
Hope to see you there
God love you

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My ideal Heaven would be this planet, minus all wars, starvation and disease.

Line number 2.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions;
if it were not so, I would have told you;
for I go to prepare a place for you.
Have faith
Hope to see you there
God love you

You might see me there but i dont know ..Sorry i didnt see this post by you Leo