It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me About Your Heaven..Streets paved in gold?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't believe in this idea of Heaven, and I'm not sure if my church, or any church, still teaches it this way. To be honest, I'm not sure what I believe happens when we die. Something between absolute nothingness and some kind of transfer of energy—not necessarily out-and-out reincarnation, but something along the lines of seeing that spark of energy that we all have, and that I think runs through us all like so many connecting filaments, re-emerge as a flower, tree, fish, bird, or, yes, another human. I think every single thing in our universe shares energy, that we all, and everything, are floating together in an ocean of energy, and that there's a constant re-shaping and re-aligning of that energy, just like the way waves move across the ocean's surface. Things are in constant motion in the ocean, they get jostled and uprooted and re-settled, they die and decompose and "come back", so to speak, by feeding other organisms or by being absorbed by the ocean itself.

Care to share your idea of Heaven? Or, if you don't believe in Heaven?

This is not a thread for ridiculing or challenging or demeaning other people and their ideas. Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I hope for oblivion myself. Why go through all the BS of this life only to learn you have to endure BS all over again and perhaps eternally!?! Yuck.
I'd rather R.I.P. for real. Revert to nothingness. My energy will transfer to the worms and bacteria or into the air via cremation. Nothing else.
Thats what I hope happens, but who knows? Maybe stuck with eternal BS.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Burl Ives puts it much better than I ever could.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't know what I believe in, but if I had a hope for what heaven is it would be this:

I think that Gandalf's description is one of the most moving lines in all of cinema history. There's something about standing under a sunrise on green rolling hills overlooking white shores that embodies a pure sense of nostalgia. Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't usually like country music, but I think this guy has it right.

edit on 15-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

Hi radosta,Thats what i was thinking revert to nothingness but who knows were made up of energy if i had to come back being a tree would be nice
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
my heaven is earth without A-holes.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hello TerryMcGuire,Funny you should post that song brings back childhood memories my dad use to sing that song to me one of my favorites..Thank you for the smile..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My heaven is in the heavens, exploring the universe.
I want to see worlds made of fire and ice and places so incredible that they are beyond words.

I want us to be more than just moss on a rock.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, considering what we know about energy. Energy does not just disappear, we know this through physics, all energy goes somewhere. And if our soul/conciousness/self is energy, where does it return to? i have my own theories personally,

And, Heaven for me.. Unity between all people, No war, And of course, some of the worlds most evil people will just need to perish.

Heaven is no stress.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

I couldn't get your link to work
But id like to see it..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
My heaven is in the heavens, exploring the universe.
I want to see worlds made of fire and ice and places so incredible that they are beyond words.

I want us to be more than just moss on a rock.

Also, i would like to do this too.

Honestly, sometimes ill sit at work and daydream for a half hour or more about having my own space ship, and being able to travel between galaxies, visit other worlds.

Ahh. I used to daydream constantly when i was younger, i could turn a pen into some epic space ship battle of epicness in my mind, i wish i had that back

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Being in the presence of God.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

The_Phantom,I thought your video was simply beautiful ..thank you ..sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I love this topic..it's such as fascinating one..Sugarcookie did you ever listen to Art Bell way back in the day?
back in 1999 he interviewed a lady named Sarah who had a very vivid near death experience..I had the tape for many years, but through my travels I lost it..But..I was looking around on YouTube and I found his interview with her..take a listen it's really a pretty cool description of this ladies version of life after death. Cheers Coco SnF

Her interview starts with part 3 and ends with part 8

Her voice comes on this part at 1:17

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

These are short only 10 mins each and REALLY are worth a listen..enjoy!
edit on 15-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

Forgot the most important thought...the way Sarah describes her experience is what I believe the after life will be like

edit on 15-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

I hope your right OmegaOwl..That would be breath taking for sure..thank you for posting ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I agree and im hopeing thats how it is ive had enough of that hear on earth..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If you don't want to believe in heaven, then you should be preparing for hell...

Wouldn't you rather know more about hell?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Im glad you like the topic its one i think about alot for my own reasons..Also thank you for the S&F..No i never listened to Art Bell ..Thank you for the videos i will be sure to listen to them all when my server is running better ..Thank you so much for posting..sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Dear sugarcookie1,

Heaven is about having relationships without conflict. Consider what people who have had near death experiences say. To be united with others and God, no conflict, no looking down on anyone and no need to struggle. That is what life is for, it tests us to our limits so that we can see for ourselves what we treasure. There is a line in the bible, that says,

19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 22“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! 24“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

It is from Mathew, chapter 6. The purpose of life is about learning to have good healthy relationships with others, that is why we are told to be of service to others. Imagine a world where people actually help one another rather than try and take advantage of one another. Be well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join