It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they decided to show up in orbit tomorrow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What if SETI received a signal that was from an intelligent source that was not background noise from a star, pulsar or just the natural sounds from deep space in general? There would be no better way to pull the people of earth together, no better way for us to put aside all are petty differences than to know that we are not alone.

Maybe this will be our chance to better humanity as a whole.

What if they decided to show up in orbit tomorrow and make themselves known to all of earth? What would they find? What would they think of us? What if they have been looking for us as much as we have been looking for them? What if they are as lost as we are?

How would you think they would feel about us when they get here and find us behaving like spoiled children with no accountability for our own actions?

What they would find that we a race that can’t even get along with each other, let alone a race that would be able to except or get along with another race from outside our own planet. They would find a race that is destructive to themselves and their own home. They would find a race with corrupt leaders who only think about their own interests, not about what is best for their people. They would find a world in turmoil.

Would they still want to meet us?

Would they be able to recognize that in spite of all the evils that they would see on this world that there is still good in us? Would they see that we have the potential to accomplish many great things? Would they be able to see our ability to love?

We can only hope.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

It wouldnt change my opinion in anyway, but everyones life would change instantly. Wether that change would be good remains to be seen

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
this again??
same story different thread...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why have you turned THIS post into a thread

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If they showed up in orbit tomorrow, you will see a lot of "I told you so" posts on ATS.

After that, about 70% of the population would be oblivious until they landed. The people on ATS would pick it up within the first 4 hours though.

AFTER that, well, who can say? We don't even know our own intentions let alone their intentions. Our reaction would depend on WHY they came. The initial shock of "they DO exist" would not last long on most people because we have been indoctrinated to be used to it through Hollywood, books, lunchboxes ect.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Why have you turned THIS post into a thread

Because I thought it posed a good question. Because my original post was on an outdated thread. Because I wanted to. Why does anyone do anything?

If I offended you by doing this I truly apologize.

Is that O.K.?

edit on 15-11-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Added

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nothing would change save some reposturing by religious groups and religious based governments who would claim some kind of conspiracy in order that they can continue in power.

Now unless aliens can solve peoples day to day problems of debt and the drudgery of working every day simply to survive then people have more important things to worry about.

Can you imagine all the company owners saying "off for week watching aliens on TV....no problem, I'll even pay you" aye right!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS

Sorry but nobody is going to go doolally topping themselves at the news.
edit on 15/11/11 by malcr because: PS

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

We could go on all day about What If's!

But yea i doubt it, but anything is possible!

Keep writing!

Entertaining thank u

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I hope we get a bit of notice so we could tidy up a bit !!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

post by mikemck1976
If I offended you by doing this I truly apologize.

No not offended just curious , might have been nice if you had reworded it instead of just copy and paste

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wish everyday that some highly more advanced beings come to Earth. I think it would be the greatest thing to have happen in our life times. I have a weird feeling that we are living in a very interesting time in evolution. Well, let's hope that it comes soon!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I am doing my own reseach on dreams and seeing what kind of dreams come true. I've had many dreams that happened and I wasnt sure about, I've had cataclysm related reams and I also have had a dream with a ship making wierd sounds and in green light in the sky, I could feel the fear in that dream,

So, like I see for other dreams that depict, I'd say such thing is possible one day in the distant future. Would I be around, idk.That;s what I'd feel or maybe I would be way excited

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I did reword it. The first sentence was changed which changed the post and its context. I also removed most of it. It was mine to do with whatever I wanted to. You should just be nice. Why be mean in the first place when you could instead just stick to the subject at hand?

Thanks

PS: I edited the other post.
edit on 15-11-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Make'n the trolls happy

edit on 15-11-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Same

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
if you really want to know...

our militaries would be put on highest alert, ready to mobilize on a moments notice.

we'd have established a world diplomatic team first to make contact.

average people would panic depending on if the ships are visible or not, and whether our governments are transparent with live 24/7 coverage of whats really happening.

then from there it's either a time of great peace and swapping of knowledge, or a time of devastating worldwide conflict which lasts under a day before we are obliterated to the point our species couldn't survive.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, to turn it around on you - what if "they" showed up and they weren't these godlike beings that all the believers in visitation seem to think they are? What if, other than the ability to travel at light speed, they have no knowledge or abilities greater than ours? What if they say that they have travelled far and wide and we are the first life form they have encountered other than their own? What if they have no answers at all for us, only more questions? What if they have no magic cures for our ailments? What if they also have petty wars over borders or beliefs? What if they don't solve all of our problems like all the believers seem to think they will?

Well, I guess we would start threads about what would happen if another alien species visited.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Well, to turn it around on you - what if "they" showed up and they weren't these godlike beings that all the believers in visitation seem to think they are? What if, other than the ability to travel at light speed, they have no knowledge or abilities greater than ours? What if they say that they have travelled far and wide and we are the first life form they have encountered other than their own? What if they have no answers at all for us, only more questions? What if they have no magic cures for our ailments? What if they also have petty wars over borders or beliefs? What if they don't solve all of our problems like all the believers seem to think they will?

Well, I guess we would start threads about what would happen if another alien species visited.

LOVE that last line! I laughed. too true, we'd be like, omg all that waiting just for us to show up with the same problems.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm ready to either fight or flee, whichever seems the most logical at the time. If they're really smart, they'll try to get me with a virus or something rather than tracking me down one-on-one, because I've been good at running and hiding ever since I was a little kid.

Otherwise, since I understand that bacteria and other nasty bugs could be their weak spots, they should prepare to be sneezed upon quite enthusiastically.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Well, to turn it around on you - what if "they" showed up and they weren't these godlike beings that all the believers in visitation seem to think they are? What if, other than the ability to travel at light speed, they have no knowledge or abilities greater than ours? [...]

LOVE that last line! I laughed. too true, we'd be like, omg all that waiting just for us to show up with the same problems.

I'm very willing and able to start hating them (or exploiting them) just like all the other people of different cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds indigenous to Earth. Why should they be left out of the fight?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You have a great point. Do what you must.

I have thought of this also. I'm just an optimist I guess.

Also, I never said I was a believer now did I?

It was just a thought. That all.

Thanks for the feedback!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hi mikemck,

Your comment about SETI reminded me about the SETI@home thing they used to do at Berkely. I remember doing that a few years ago on another computer i had completing hundreds of work units and giving up cus i got bored with it.

I think from all the stuff i've read the Aliens have been here before in the distant past as documented by a few ancient civilizations and we humans are the result of their visits. For quite some time they monitored the situation having set up a temporary base on the far side of the moon, and as the years rolled on realised their mistake and decided to move on. Their lunar base, comprising some kind of control center and a mining operation now mostly lies in ruins.

Would they ever want to come back and make themselves known to us?, eww noooo!!!!... curiosity may have brought them back a few times in the form of UFO sightings and such but on the whole i think they moved on to better things and more sucessful experiments a long time ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join