It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun watch 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

A cosmic energy cloud? Where is the evidence?

About all you have done is to state a conclusion and not anything that leads to that conclusion.

Can you walk us through the process that led to this conclusion?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

TextOn Christmas Eve, 2009, the startling hypothesis that our Solar System, the Sun and all its planets, are moving into a potentially dangerous and destabilizing interstellar energy cloud, was resoundingly sustained. In their research paper, "A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System," published the December 24, 2009 issue of Nature, a highly respected scientific journal, M. Opher et al report on data transmitted from Voyager, the twin spacecraft that have been exploring the outer reaches of the Solar System since 1977. "We have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system. This magnetic field holds the interstellar energy cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all," says Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. He explains that this energy cloud is at least twice as strong as had previously been predicted and that the Solar System has begun to pass into it, adding that this field "is turbulent or has a distortion in the solar vicinity."
reply to post by stereologist

source(www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That is a misquote. As I said, there is no "energy cloud". As I said there is interstellar "fluff", the remnants of a supernova which occurred millions of years ago.
Here is the actual quote form Merav Opher.

"Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all."

science.nasa.gov...

The term "energy cloud" is psuedoscientific drivel. The fluff clouds is about 30 light years wide. We are in it and have been, probably, for thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

WOW I am shocked,thanks for that!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
ANTARCTIC SOLAR ECLIPSE: On Nov. 25th the Moon will pass in front of the sun, slightly off-center, producing a partial solar eclipse visible from Antarctica, Tasmania, and parts of South Africa and New Zealand. Maximum coverage occurs about 100 miles off the coast of Antarctica where the sun will appear to be a slender 9% crescent.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What does any of this have to do with 2012? At best this thread simply supports predictions made by NASA.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

source(www.lmsal.com...

Some wind om the sun 287...and after that....

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Posting some plots that show that the sun is dynamic still does not answer the question about the relevance of any of this to 2012. So what does an eclipse predicted decades ago or any of the other postings have to do with 2012?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Posting some plots that show that the sun is dynamic still does not answer the question about the relevance of any of this to 2012. So what does an eclipse predicted decades ago or any of the other postings have to do with 2012?
You must first know to read those plots and see what they mean,when solar wind it's at low we know for sure that there will be solar storms followed by strong CME es but how strong we didn't know!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

That still has nothing to do with 2012.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Filament eruption causing CME-11.21.2011

TextA possible filament eruption in the northwest quadrant on Sunday has generated a slow moving Coronal Mass Ejection (CME). You can watch the STEREO Ahead COR2 movie below and it looks like a portion of this cloud may be Earth directed.
source(thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

this is a load of crap... i hardly ever get sun here in england.... like it always rains and maybe storms but i don't think the sun or the moon has anything to do with the "events" of 2012 because nothing is going to happen in 2012 its some wacko who came up with the idea because of the mayan calender! has no one seen the clip on youtube explaining that there is no end of the world, its all theory! its just a start of a new year... if the world does end and we all die then i was wrong but i wouldn't care because i'd be dead.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefacts55

this is a load of crap... i hardly ever get sun here in england.... like it always rains and maybe storms but i don't think the sun or the moon has anything to do with the "events" of 2012 because nothing is going to happen in 2012 its some wacko who came up with the idea because of the mayan calender! has no one seen the clip on youtube explaining that there is no end of the world, its all theory! its just a start of a new year... if the world does end and we all die then i was wrong but i wouldn't care because i'd be dead.
Don't get angry, we all will be here if it happen or not!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Range 1 (minor) to 5 (extreme)
NOAA Scale
Past 24 hrs
Current
Geomagnetic Storms

Solar Radiation Storms S 1

Radio Blackouts

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

TextNovember 26, 2011 – RADIATION STORM: A minor radiation storm is in progress. The protons making up this storm were accelerated toward Earth by shock waves in a CME that left the sun around 0700 UT on Nov. 26th. This event could have an effect on high-latitude HF radio communication. A solar wind flowing from the southern coronal hole (above) could reach Earth as early as Nov. 29. Solar wind speed is currently 364 km/sec with a proton density reading of 4.3 protons/cm3
link(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

edit on 26-11-2011 by diamondsmith because: coronal hole

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It isn't 2012 yet.
As such, even though there is nothing particularly noteworthy about current solar or geomagnetic activity, you should be using this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It isn't 2012 yet.
As such, even though there is nothing particularly noteworthy about current solar or geomagnetic activity, you should be using this thread:
Yeah thanks but we are 1 month from 2012 and extinction!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

It isn't 2012 yet.
Yeah thanks but we are 1 month from 2012 and extinction!
That's what is worry me...!

source(www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The charts say there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The charts say there is nothing to worry about.
Go on imsal.comsolarsoft

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join