It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Orbit Wrong Cornell University Says.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

ATS used to be an excellent forum for exchange of anomalous trivia; today it is a billboard for the uninformed and disinformed. "

Ok as i said earlier this thread title is so wrong , it is NOT a Cornell report or anyone at Cornell that is saying this ,
Cornell University have now been contacted.
many many members have tried to tell you this , but oh know ...as per usual you are refusing to listen.

snoopyuk

To the OP for the final time :

Originally posted by Phage No. This has been discussed previously. www.abovetopsecret.com... You can read the paper yourself. It is not from anyone at Cornell University. It was written by L. Iorio of Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (Italy). The author is discussing a very tiny change in the eccentricity of the Moon's orbit. An increase of 0.000000018% per year. A recent analysis of a Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) data record spanning 38.7 yr re- vealed an anomalous increase of the eccentricity e of the lunar orbit amounting to e˙meas = (9 ± 3) × 10−12 yr−1. arxiv.org... What this means is that the Moon gets a tiny bit closer to Earth at perigee and a tiny bit further from Earth at apogee. Do you really think people standing on Earth can see something that slight? edit on 11/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2011 by snoopyuk because: edit

edit on 16-11-2011 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
Indeed something is going on with the moon.
I have noticed things myself.
Good post!!
PLPL

Tell us what you have noticed.
Is everyone that's saying there's something wrong with the moon seeing the same thing, or is it something different to everyone?
I see the moon most nights driving home from work and other than the seasonal changes in location, haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
You know, I was one of the peeps here who didn't believe this "something is up with the moon" story. I just believed it was a lot of bunch of peeps with nothing better to do making a big deal about nothing.

My perception however changed. Last week in fact. The weather and cloud cover in Ireland has been pretty bad over the last few weeks and so I have not been able to view anything. Thursday 7:10pm I was driving home when my son pointed out the moon to me. Then no more than 3hrs later. I went to park the car when I caught sight of the moon again, only this time it had seemed to have tilted by at least 180 degrees.

To say I was in awe is an understatement. I believe I have a fair knowledge on matters outside of our planet but this just left me perplexed.

It is normal that the sunlit part of the moon seems to tilt over the course of a day, since it depends on moons position relative to the sun.
It is something that it has always done and always will do. The strength of this illusion depends on where it is in related to the sun and how close you are to equator.

Someone here posted a nice timelapse showing this effect in another thread, but i sadly dont recall which thread that was.

Edit: If you use stellarium, zoom in and center/focus on the moon and speed it up a bit you can easily see the same effect there as well. It can appear to tilt quite a bti over the course of hours even though that isn't really the case in reality.
edit on 16-11-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Can the MODs please dump this in the nonsense forum now?

As it's obviously complete nonsense.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Did anyone read this post? The one linked below, The post was made by New_Here and the post is near the bottom of the page..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If this is official, why is it written horribly? Who writes like that?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

If you want to see the original document go to this link and its 1:50 seconds into the video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

and from the same post you are talking about....did you read this bit :

He may not be from Cornell,

snoopyuk
edit on 16-11-2011 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by yeahright

I searched for the this subject and didnt find it on ATS thats why I posted. My moon is upside down thread is being trashed and I thought this was deserving of a look by some of those who just don't know

Yes...and this paper does an incredible job of debunking your 'moon flipping over' theory...or did you not even bother to read it? The anomalous increase of the eccentricity of the lunar orbit is only "amounting to de/dt_meas = (9 +/- 3) 10^-12 yr^-1"......that's something that is not even possible to see with the Human Eye...it was only discovered through VERY precise measurements using Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) data record spanning 38.7 yrs!!!

In other words...had the moon suddenly flipped over I think they'd have noticed something like that, don't you?

edit on 16-11-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Whoops...realized I had a 'double negative' in one of my sentences...fixed it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I never said the moon flipped over. If you were to read my post on page 7 at the bottom of the page,you might understand what I am saying and why.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I am threading this frankly because I want those who are not aware or those who just don't know to have a chance to see this and make their own decision. The moon is not right. Many people here on ATS know this. Thousands of people worldwide also are aware. The internet has a mulltitude of eye witness acounts. It is my hope that this will put some light on the doubters and possibly keep the trollers / and derailers away long enough to allow some of you a chance to read so facts that are not opions of mine alone but of Educated people in this field.,,

Moon Orbit Wrong Cornell University associate Lorenzo Lorio, Has Researched i'm sure because of public outcry & observations made by You, my Friends, Visitors & others on the Internet and Concluded that Indeed there Is Something Wrong With The Sun Moon & Earth

The link to the full story and video is below. I only ask that you who do not know or for those that are not sure, please read the story and watch the video. It won't be long before the Dis-info agents attack this thread. That's fine. They are more concerned with being self proclaimed authorities than the possible chance that we all need to sit up and take notice of whats going on HERE AND NOW..

unhypnotize.com...

Okay, so lets just say that this article is correct. So what? Why is this important? And I say that meaning what about this is a conspiracy that people would want to cover up (as opposed to why is this scientifically relevant)? It seems to me, at worst, it was a miscalculation. What possible gain is there in purposefully misrepresenting the moon's orbit?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Moon anomalies would seem to be akin to mass hysteria - perhaps a sort of mass delusion. One person throws up, suddenly everyone's throwing up. One person says they see something wrong with the Moon, suddenly everyone's seeing something wrong with the Moon. Almost psychosomatic. The mind is a powerful thing. But, the laws of physics are more powerful, and those laws demand consequences for the sorts of lunar anomalies being claimed - consequences (such as for the tides and the Earth's rotation) that haven't been detected. So, we have two possibilities: either something is interfering with our observation (something purely optical, but scientifically explainable) or people are simply mistaken in their observations. And, if we want to believe that some sort of legitimate observational anomaly is responsible, then we should be able to detect its affects on other objects besides just the Sun and Moon. So, Occam's Razor suggests the cause is psychosomatic - it's all in our heads. That doesn't mean we should stop looking for anything anomalous, of course, but we can't blindly insist that something must be wrong just because we think we see something that's a bit off. We can't always believe what we think we see.

I read in another thread you said you were a preacher. How do you reconcile this with the biblical claims of a man dying, rising from the dead, and ascending to heaven?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

Im sure if something was wrong with in, millions of people would notice and it would be national news.

Well sadly that problem with that the millions of people your talking of are to busy watching the TV so they dont pay even pay attention to the night skies anymore.

Yes, but there are millions more where that came from. Not everyones watching TV.

Easy excuse for a bunk conspiracy theory.

There are people around the world who make it their business to watch the sky. Not to mention that the moon has a commanding effect on the tides here on. Not only would we notice something as obvious as 1 of 2 things in the sky shifting radically, but our planet would certainly notice (and we would notice the planet, and so on)

And even though the news doesn't always get to the nitty gritty of some issues, it would still report on it if the moon moved. I mean... why not?

Its silliness to assume your local news station is systematically feeding you lies all day. Real things happen that matter to most people, and they get reported on

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Is everyone that's saying there's something wrong with the moon seeing the same thing, or is it something different to everyone?

Well it's certainly NOT a slight difference in eccentricity! Not sure even superman's eyes could see that!

So it's allirrelevant to this thread, which is simply about the discovery that modern, highly accurate, measurements have revealed that the eccentricity of the Moon is very slightly different to what was expected.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Its silliness to assume your local news station is systematically feeding you lies all day. Real things happen that matter to most people, and they get reported on

Silliness?
Really?

Even if the source is reputable, the source is probably just an idiot with an opinion.

Hahaha.

News, Local or not, blows.
It's a money grab, no one gives a #!

Anyone in Marketing or Advertising.... kill yourself!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

I simply presented the story and the link. I didn't write it. What are you so bent about?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Your somewhat right. the story also says they don't know why or what is causing it. Do you?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well if they don't know, why should I? But this is simply a tiny difference between what was expected and what was measured. Maybe it was caused by a comet passing close by 12 million years ago?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
everyone knows the moon is made of cheese..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
*YAWN*

Phage beat me to the punch. Not the smart stuff he said but the fact that it was written by someone with as much credibility as anyone of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join