It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something took over me earlier today

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's called compassion and humanity and you'll get used to it as it is a beautiful thing!

Can you say, Random Act Of Kindness Of The Year nominee for 2011?

Star and flag!

There is nothing more sickening then animals of all creatures being turned away due to the families inability to pay. This is where privatization has failed and continues to fail. Profits before pets! Sickening and disturbing.

This my friend will come back to you 10 times cooler. No agenda and out of the kindness of your own heart guarandamntees this! You will have an excellent 2012 but Summer to later in the year this I can and will assure and promise you this sir as your selfless act here proved beyond a shadow of doubt the depth of your character and you kind sir, passed the test with flying colours! You are an example to us all!

This brave gentlemen ladies and gentlemen is the true definition of a hero! Instead of leaving the vet's in tears the little girl was happy and upbeat.
edit on 16-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
love and peace to you mate ... im with you...
you are at good level... this world is a savage one , and cruel also.

Keep up!!! I try to follow your example every day... sometimes is the lack of attention that keeps me away for helping other.. but i do so and i don't need to prove it... i only do ...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Op, I love what you did, s+f. We're lucky in the UK, as we have the PDSA, (peoples dispensary for sick animals, charity), where you pay a small fee and give a (very persuasively got, and i dont blame them)donation when your animal is treated. I took my dog to the vet the other day, because i was certain he had a cataract, it cost me £28 pounds for a five minute consultation, for the vet to tell me he had a cataract, and to keep an eye (no pun etc) on him to see how he managed. I was quite prepared to dip into my savings if he needed an op. I feel sorry for owners and pets who dont have that money. And i know some people will say , dont get a pet if you cant afford it, but its not as simple as that. If my house wasnt already bursting with animals, id take in another abandoned or abused animal.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That thing that took you over is called human decency, and it seems to be lacking these days, but glad to see its not dead, well done.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by geryon
That thing that took you over is called human decency, and it seems to be lacking these days, but glad to see its not dead, well done.

It's coming back around.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If we could get rid of greed 99% of the problems in this world would fade away imo. You did a great thing and it will definitely come back around to you in some positive form one way or another.

Its so sad to see money break up family's, friends, etc. No matter how much money you have it isnt gonna be there to hold your hand on your death bed and you cant take it with you either. Family, friends, and human compassion are much more important than money. Many many people have lost sight of this and greed has poisoned them to the point were money is their God and the only thing that matters to them.

Again good job for your compassion!
edit on 16-11-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thank you for caring! It shows that we have hope in this world, if only more people could what you just did this world would be a better place!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think that almost of the people (if not, all) that replied to this thread are indeed aligned with this way of being and problaby, where capble of doing the same if they had the chance... for you all, my congrat's

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Your so kind dude! This thread made my day knowing there are still decent people in the world

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hat's off to you. Money is the devil.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Excellent act, even though you don't expect it you will be rewarded, you'll see.

I too find it amazing that you can have all the love in the world at home, loving wife, wonderful kids, a great outlook towards life/the world but if you fall short of those little green bills, a great deal of hurt can come your way. It's unfair, not always, but many times it is.

Respect for you sir. I've always wanted to be in the position to help, I help with whatever I can, but one day I hope to be able to do something like you did. Hats off to you.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3headedalien
Excellent act, even though you don't expect it you will be rewarded, you'll see.

I too find it amazing that you can have all the love in the world at home, loving wife, wonderful kids, a great outlook towards life/the world but if you fall short of those little green bills, a great deal of hurt can come your way. It's unfair, not always, but many times it is.

Respect for you sir. I've always wanted to be in the position to help, I help with whatever I can, but one day I hope to be able to do something like you did. Hats off to you.

you will need an opportunity to do that... i know you will have ... just pay attention.. stay with your heart open and don't fear... just have faith... always, no matter what!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

This is why i finally joined ATS today to say thank you to you personaly for doing the right thing. There are far to many people who wouldnt do that.

My father always brought me up to stand up for the elderly on the bus, help someone if they look like they are struggling. Be a good person.

I was distraught at what we as a race had become when I saw the chinese girl get run over while people walked on by. You have restored my faith that there are other people out there like myself always willing to help out.

I hope this message spreads and people learn there is more to life than looking out for oneself.

thank you again and keep it up.

Peace to all
AnotherHumanBeing

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Evil only fuels the strength of righteousness.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
www.sott.net...

After reading this article I was brought to tears...it reminded me that for all the monsters in the world there are just as many angels.

I had a similar issue at the store. A couple of young guys were buying groceries and they were short and were deciding how many cans of tuna to put back etc. They had bought a bunch of helathy food...eggs bread tuna etc. It broke my heart to see these guys struggling over a $15 dollar added expense. I .offered to pay the bill and they just wouldn't take it. I had to force them to take it. Genuine people are always taken a back by help. Finally they took it and if I didn't think it would have been insulting I would have given more. We all need to lose the fear of helping and the fear of being helped. We all need help sometimes and someone always needs help. Pay it forward forever.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My house mate works for a vet, indeed he has worked for vets his entire adult life. He agrees with you. The vets are in it for the money and little else.

My dad was an MD and Surgeon. He died in 1981. Back then he was charging $3.00 for an office call, and with that you received his undivided attention, excellent medical care, possibly a shot or medicine for free if he had it on the shelf. He told me that the medical situation was falling apart because of greed and the government's intrusion into medicine. You see if the government can control medicine, then the money that flows through to medicine has a lot of it flowing into the governments coffers and some of it somehow sticks.

A few years ago my dog had to have 9 teeth removed, cost me about $90.00 at a rural vet. Well that vet retired and a new vet group has just taken over. The first thing that happened was prices went through the roof. Her procedure will now cost over $500.

My housemate is paid a fair wage, and he is not the only employee, but he is not getting rich. He tells me the clinic clears between $3,000 and $6,000 a day. The clinic is owned by one man, and he has an assistant vet who receives a salary plus bonus. They operate 6 days a week. You do the math.

The vet just bought 3 new vehicles, one for the clinic. Put in an in-ground pool at his home, etc.

However his clinic is not in a wealthy area. It is deep in a rural town where everyone knows everyone else.

Now for the clincher. His wife is also a vet, and she is part of the group that purchased the retiring vet's clinic mentioned above.

My dad always believed that medicine came before profit. It doesn't matter if that is for a human or an animal. Compassion is absolutely needed. When dad died, there were lots of poor folk who owed him money. Mom didn't go after them, she understood the principals.

Here in this rural area, there are lots of people with animals, who make a living from those animals. Most of them buy their drugs at the local farmers supply, and guess at the dosage and care rather than incur the vet bills associated with this vet. Just imagine if you are purchasing meat from their cows, or eggs from their chickens.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I made a very good point about money. The OP is not doing a good deed, He is simply ensuring it will happen again to somebody else. The vet needs money just as much as the OP and the guy with the dog. The OP comes along and pays for it and he's the Hero?

How did he make the money? What poor guy was involved in his earnings?

You understand?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CynefriElm

His earnings are not going to change, so how does this affect anyone other than him?

Honestly I think he should be paid for this, but nobody will believe him enough to do it.

Also, the message this thread spreads to everyone that reads it is worth more than money.
edit on 16-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It happened yesterday, I was at the veterinarian clinic to get my dog's shots up to date. Keep in my mind that my financial situation is not the best in the world. While I was there waiting, this man and his daughter came inside with their dog that seemed very sick. They had the $125 for the basic physical exam to see what was wrong with the dog, however the receptionist told them that any treatment after that would be at extra cost. The man told the receptionist that he had no money to cover the extra expenses after that. He was told to fill out an application for something called "Care Credit", it's a credit card but it can only be used for medical expenses. He didn't qualify.

He was begging to the receptionist in front of his 12 year old daughter, their dog was in very bad shape. It's shocking how some veterinarians claim they "love animals" but they ignore animals that are in desperate need of help, time and time again. I know that they have expenses to pay, and a staff that expects a paycheck every week but how can they sleep at night knowing they let an animal die, just because it's owners didn't have money?

I was sitting there, and I was listening to the whole thing, and I told myself that I needed to do something to help them. For me, money is not as important as saving a life whether it's a human or an animal. So as they were leaving and getting into their car, I followed them and called the man over, I talked to him and told him that I would talk to the receptionist and ask her I could use my credit card to pay for their expenses, I was able to and I told the man that he could pay me monthly or whenever he could. I really don't care if he doesn't pay me, I couldn't care less about the money or if he pays me back. What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?
edit on 11/15/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

What a wonderful, caring act.
S&F + for you

Our pets are as much part of our families as we are, they mean so much to us.

I remember one day a few years ago my 7 year old mastiff girl couldn't stand up, her back legs just wouldn't work at all and I was praying to God that she would be ok. I was working but was very short of money, I was worried about the vet's fee's but decided I would take her despite this. The vet examined her but didn't know what was wrong, he said if he kept her in for tests/ops it will run into the £1000's and chances are she still would not improve. He advised me that the best thing I could do for her was to have her euthanized. I was horrified. I took her back home with me.

Two days later she was still unable to stand up and I knew I would have to take her back to have her put to sleep forever. I had no choice because I couldn't afford to pay the vet to make her well again. I was heartbroken.

At the vet's surgery I looked at my faithful, loyal, perfect friend and stroked her velvet head, she looked back with her lovely brown eyes, and then they closed forever. I stayed with her for 20 minutes just looking at my lifeless friend not wanting to believe it, I hugged her so tight and finally said goodbye. I could hardly see through my tear-filled eyes, couldn't speak because of the huge lump in my throat, and my heart felt like it was literally and physically breaking into pieces. I couldn't bear it. My girl was gone. I missed her so badly I sobbed for weeks on end.

I had to borrow £50 to pay the vet to kill her, because he wouldn't have even euthanized her if I couldn't pay, let alone treat her, he would have let her suffer

I have another mastiff now, a huge, handsome, happy boy. He doesn't judge me, doesn't care if I am rich or poor, ugly or beautiful, or whether I wear the latest designer gear or dress in rags, he is perfect in every way and I absolutely adore and dote on him. I pray to God that He won't take my boy from me for a few more years yet, and I also pray that when his time comes it will be a non-suffering, peaceful end.

Luckily here in the UK, we have a charity called P.D.S.A. (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals), where people on benefits/pension can take their sick pets to be treated, and all you have to pay is a donation of whatever you can afford, even if you can spare only £5 your pet will be treated by qualified vets. It is a wonderful and deserving charity

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CynefriElm

I don't recall the OP ever stating that the guy with the dog asked him for the money. So how exactly does that "ensure" that it will happen to somebody else? And you know what? YES it makes him a hero. He's a hero to that little girl because her dog was able to get the care that he/she needed. And that girl got to witness first hand that there are good selfless people out there willing to help.
It's pretty sad that there are people out there (you) that can't even see something positive in a good deed. I'm sure there are other threads that you can take your negative energy to, but this one is not it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join