It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something took over me earlier today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well people please don't act like you care for people or animals. All you care is your ego and the way all other creatures make you feel. All you care is how you would look in the society if you would take that action or not.

So, please don't complain about anything. Governments are lying to you, creating unnecessary wars, so what? They are doing it to protect this filthy system that you love too much.

Save the poor puppy and boost your ego. If you can't even do that, join the praise of the person doing that. Forget about all the innocent people dying around the world. As long as it doesn't happen in front of you why should you care? Most probably they are irresponsible people and deserve to die, right?

What's the point of this website? Are you coming here to have some fun time or do you really want to change the world? You don't want to change the world. In fact, you like it.

Bye

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Governments are hiding cures to make people dependant on drugs, spreading diseases, building armies and creating fake wars just to raise funds to pay for your f... luxury house, sports cars, iphones and all the other goods. So why do you even complain about it if you are not ready to give up on your good iphones?

Government is evil? F.. that. You are evil. You want unaffordable things from your parents, spouses, employers, and governments and they do filthy things to provide them for you. So who is guilty now?

You saved a puppy and felt less guilty, congrats. (I'm not talking specifically about OP)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?

Agreed.
However, in order to escape the trap of money, we would have to return to a much older way of life.

I would gladly live like the Amish to get out of this concrete hell!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by letsfaceit
Governments are hiding cures to make people dependant on drugs, spreading diseases, building armies and creating fake wars just to raise funds to pay for your f... luxury house, sports cars, iphones and all the other goods. So why do you even complain about it if you are not ready to give up on your good iphones?

Government is evil? F.. that. You are evil. You want unaffordable things from your parents, spouses, employers, and governments and they do filthy things to provide them for you. So who is guilty now?

You saved a puppy and felt less guilty, congrats. (I'm not talking specifically about OP)

>....give up on your good iphones? ....<

...are YOU ready to give up YOUR electronics and regress into the past where people died from now minor illnesses, when governments created wars to benefit the elite / obtain resources of other countries, when disease killed countless people, when people worked hard to better their lot in life, etc.

What you claim is mostly 100% true but the sad part and reality is that what you describe always has been and will continue to occur as long as there's human life on this planet. No amount of "occupy this" or "protest that" will make the slightest bit of change. We are doomed to suck all the resources out of the planet and all of the energy / life out of the countless misfortunate slaves in third-world gadget / clothing producing factories.

Until some life (as we know it) altering event occurs that truly affects every single person on this planet, you and I and most everyone else will go on their merry "materialist" way of living !!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Why should we regress into distant past when we give up on something luxury? I'm ready to use an old ericsson instead of iphone if it's going to be handed out to everyone on this planet free of charge. We can still produce iphones in the future when we can afford to do it for EVERYONE.

We are afraid that people will reproduce without thinking if we bail them out all the time. Come on now, we are not cavemen anymore. A moneyless society doesn't mean a society without any rules.

That pet owner didn't act irresponsibly, you know nothing about his life. He worked his ass off his whole life to supply for the desires of his family yet still he found himself short at one time. Now don't act like you are a responsible person and it won't ever happen to you. I guarantee that it will happen to you as well at one time and you'll come short against a situation. And there will be nobody to help you because they'll think you are an irresponsible person.

I want a society where people pay each other with a hug or thank you instead of worthless paper. The question is do you want it too? If you can't even state that desire, don't even dare to complain about anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You are the definition of what community means. Thank you for sharing this story and know that there are others out there that feel the same. I will always help when I can, it may not involve money, but I will always give it.

You have earned a place of thanks in my prayers. Much good karma.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It happened yesterday, I was at the veterinarian clinic to get my dog's shots up to date. Keep in my mind that my financial situation is not the best in the world. While I was there waiting, this man and his daughter came inside with their dog that seemed very sick. They had the $125 for the basic physical exam to see what was wrong with the dog, however the receptionist told them that any treatment after that would be at extra cost. The man told the receptionist that he had no money to cover the extra expenses after that. He was told to fill out an application for something called "Care Credit", it's a credit card but it can only be used for medical expenses. He didn't qualify.

He was begging to the receptionist in front of his 12 year old daughter, their dog was in very bad shape. It's shocking how some veterinarians claim they "love animals" but they ignore animals that are in desperate need of help, time and time again. I know that they have expenses to pay, and a staff that expects a paycheck every week but how can they sleep at night knowing they let an animal die, just because it's owners didn't have money?

I was sitting there, and I was listening to the whole thing, and I told myself that I needed to do something to help them. For me, money is not as important as saving a life whether it's a human or an animal. So as they were leaving and getting into their car, I followed them and called the man over, I talked to him and told him that I would talk to the receptionist and ask her I could use my credit card to pay for their expenses, I was able to and I told the man that he could pay me monthly or whenever he could. I really don't care if he doesn't pay me, I couldn't care less about the money or if he pays me back. What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?
edit on 11/15/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Many times I have done similar things and was lambasted by people for it. This is what we should be doing, not something we do as an afterthought. The little girl will remember you for life and was shown there are good people in this world.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

You question the fact that he had very little money?

Are you aware of the state of the world economy?

It is rapidly becoming the norm to not have money for the luxuries such as pets, rent, food, heat, etc...

It behooves us all that have some extra to help our fellow man in whatever way we can.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Really? You have to act like this when someone does a good deed, and then you would probably complain when people don't do good deeds. I have an idea, why don't you take $100 out on the street and find the first homeless bum and give him the money, if it makes you feel better to help people. No, that's not enough, go find a homeless person, pay the deposit and first month's rent and electricity for that person, then maybe you will feel better about the world. The world is made of people, not governments. But too bad, no one wants to help homeless people like that so the government does help, and people call the government evil for not doing what they should have themselves.

BTW, I am not going to say a word about people I have helped but if I were to be repaid, it would be in the thousands. Not one person was ever asked to pay me back, just do it for someone else. Help others before complaining about others helping. Yes, he helped a puppy, but he also helped a little girl learn what goodness is and saved the father from feeling worthless in front of his child.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Don't get me wrong buddy, i'm trying to show how we deceive ourselves to feel less guilty. When called for action we chicken out and don't want to change the filthy system yet we claim that we are good people by doing some charity every now and then. If we are really good people lets face it and dare to change it.

Saying it again. I want a society where people pay each other with a hug and money is counted as worthless. If you think the same way let's come together and become millions. Let's create our own country with likeminded people. We don't need to change other people, we can change how we live our lives.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well people please don't act like you care for people or animals. All you care is your ego and the way all other creatures make you feel. All you care is how you would look in the society if you would take that action or not.

I personally feel that we have a responsibility to these animals, seeing as they were bred into existence by us.

Not everyone is as self-centric as you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

I personally feel that we have a responsibility to these animals, seeing as they were bred into existence by us.

Not everyone is as self-centric as you.

I feel the same way buddy. Read my above posts. We are responsible for every living creature and our fellow human beings. But if we choose to keep the current system that's killing those pets, people, children around the world and satisfied with saving a single one, then we are deceiving ourselves. We're not doing it for the sake of the good, we're doing it for our ego.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You see when somebody calls for action to create a society in which every animal, people and children treated free of charge at the expense of giving up on some of our luxuries, not a single person comes and says let's do this. Yet we are proud of saving a single person or animal every now and then.

We are two-faced, evil creatures. Accept it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong buddy, i'm trying to show how we deceive ourselves to feel less guilty. When called for action we chicken out and don't want to change the filthy system yet we claim that we are good people by doing some charity every now and then. If we are really good people lets face it and dare to change it.

Saying it again. I want a society where people pay each other with a hug and money is counted as worthless. If you think the same way let's come together and become millions. Let's create our own country with likeminded people. We don't need to change other people, we can change how we live our lives.

We could do that, but do we have enough to do it with? I can only make a temporary change for someone else, there comes a time when some people who are helped need to stand on their own feet and do more for themselves. I don't feel better about myself when I help and by saying people are deceiving themselves will cause people to turn away the necessary help when it is needed.

There is no ego boost for me, and I am sure the OP did not feel an ego boost. It is just something he did and should be commended for. Perhaps that will give someone else hope that they can be helped or give others help. Part of becoming a community of help to each other means we don't say mean things when people do help. We who help do it because it is the right thing to do, not because we want our egos boosted, but for some people to help, they need that ego boost.

Just be happy for the family the OP helped. I am sure they appreciated it, and we should be glad that the spirit of giving is alive and well, ego boost or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I don't know if we are enough in number but if people are waiting for someone to throw that first stone, well i'm doing that. I'm willing to share my services free of charge with likeminded people without judging them according to their capacity, ethnicity, religion, etc.

If there are others out there willing to do the same for me, let's start by learning how many in number we are. I can't think of anything else to do.. And anyone who can't state this willingness is a poser to me regardless of the amount of charity they did in their entire lives.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So i'm asking everyone again. Red pill or blue pill?

If you choose red pill you'll accept that you are a poser and you don't have the right to complain about anything.

If you choose blue pill, you accept the statement below and we start working together for a better future:

I'm willing to share my services free of charge with likeminded people without judging them according to their capacity, ethnicity, religion, and all the other differences as long as they work for the benefit of the society.

Can you make such a statement?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't know if we are enough in number but if people are waiting for someone to throw that first stone, well i'm doing that. I'm willing to share my services free of charge with likeminded people without judging them according to their capacity, ethnicity, religion, etc.

If there are others out there willing to do the same for me, let's start by learning how many in number we are. I can't think of anything else to do.. And anyone who can't state this willingness is a poser to me regardless of the amount of charity they did in their entire lives.

Cheers

I meant, do we have enough resources. Do we have enough money? I am sure we might pool our resources, but how do we determine who needs it the most. I have an idea....

www.charitywater.org...

Let's start here.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That was very kind of you. I could only imagine how great full that man and his daughter are! I had a boxer that I loved like my own kid, when he was 14 months old he was diagnosed with leukemia. He could have been treated but I didn't have the money. I eventually had to have him euthanize, he wasn't able to get up or eat anymore and my heart was in a million pieces. I took him, I held his head and I stared into his eyes when it happened. I could not let anyone else do it. I loved him so much and I couldn't bare the though of anyone else being with him during his last moments. I have never hurt so much in my life, I couldn't close my eyes because I would see him in that moment. I felt guilty like I killed him, I'm the one to end his beloved life. To see your post, to know there are still people out there that goes the extra mile made my heart swell. You are a very kind and loving person, and I am overwhelmed by this. Thank you for caring so much!!!! Here is a picture of me with my Nardy (Bernard) I thought maybe you would like to see him

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
letsfaceit,

you are ...ignorant.

You are saying it's less important to do "the little things" (even if its just 'a puppy') for the sake of the "greater goals"...which is NAIVE and will bring you no-where.

In reality, it's far more important to start with changes on a small, maybe even personal scale...EVEN if it's something "trivial" as saving a puppy or helping one single guy out.

You..keep dreaming about changing the world....but DOING SOMETHING is the real deal...not sitting back in your chair and make plans and theories about world changes.

Otherwise you look as foolish as those in that monthy python movie...who didnt do anything else than endless philosophing and debating INSTEAD of actually changing things in the world. Changes dont happen "on a grand scale"...they happen with everyone, right there, in every day situations, right now, in reality.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The force that hijacked you was your hardware based conscience. It is an interesting experience to say the least.
Pity it didn't happen to those in power but I digress.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join