It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will have five nukes by April 2012.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can't find alternative source yet,but according to this new report Iran will have 5 nukes by April 2012,which would then put a military option against the country at a higher risk level with possible radioactive contamination across the Gulf oil region.

Source

By April 2012 Iran will have five nuclear bombs or warheads, says intelligence reaching US president Barack Obama and relayed to Jewish leaders at a closed meeting in New York Sunday, Nov. 13, debkafile's sources report. The window of opportunity for stopping Iran attaining a nuclear weapon will shut down in late March, after which military action would generate radioactive contamination across the Gulf oil region. Our sources refute claims that Saturday's Iranian base blasts were caused by the CIA or Mossad.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Daedal because: Added text

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
maybe but they may not be there own!
what if they get 5 sent there way?

anyone say KABOOM x 5

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I was following this too. This is the closest I could find.

Israel says Iran closer to atom bomb than thought

Sounds like more BS propaganda to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not sure if I believe this, not necessarily because I think the article might be lying but because seriously, I think the U.S. gov will say anything to get us into a war with Iran at this point. I haven't been to Iranian nuclear facilities and have no way of verifying whether or not they actually have the capability to have five nukes by 2012. Maybe it's true. But there is just as likely of a chance that it's not, and that it's just an excuse to invade them. But I will be cautious about making a judgment one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I thought the same.. might as well have said

sincerely,

Mossad

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
IMO they have purchased one by now...

War, unfortunately, will only aggravate the population and families of all those soldiers/civilians who will die in the upcoming war to swear revenge against Israel.. therefore creating a bigger problem in the future.

/simpleasthat

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i clicked on your link...and got a pop up. that, to me, is usually a sign that the site isn't that legit.

the headline for that story reads
"Iran will have five nukes by April 2012. Only 2-3 months left for military option"

yeah...sounds like war drums to me, that's all...

only 2-3 months left for military option? i mean...first off...why are they putting a time limit on military option? sounds to me like they are pushing for a speedy attack.
edit on 11/14/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Didn't Iraq have the capability to hit the US within 30 minutes before we attactked them? This is just war propaganda BS. Kind of sad to see people falling for the same ruse as before.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A good quality source is not just something you put on a hot dog.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't understand how someone can be as hypocritical as Israel. They have a secret stockpile of nuclear weapons since the 60s, and refuses to join the IAEA, while expecting Iran to join and come 'clean'.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is clearly more propaganda.When all ese fails A WAR IS THE BEST MEDICINE FOR THE ECONOMY or so we thought.........I call B.S. on that story

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If they are projecting just a few months to a functional nuclear weapon, then Iran already has them. They at least have atomic weapons already and according to the IAEA report, there is every reason to believe that nuclear fired EMP weapons are also well within their technical abilities. Basically, it's too damn late now. Starting a war now will likely mean counting the Mushroom clouds that follow, not wondering if some will appear or not.

I'm not sure why so many find this hard to believe. That being that Iran has been working night and day to develop weapons. We'll set aside the whole 12 Imam business which REQUIRES the initiation of World War to bring about the return of their little Messiah. 9/11 and the follow-on invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq were plenty. Iran was sitting there with common borders to get as close a look as U.S. combat tactics and operations as any nation on Earth who wasn't a direct target of it.

After all that observation time, I would imagine they've realized that without a nuclear weapon, they're toast the moment the mighty Eagle took time to notice they were still there to be invaded. Nothing stops the U.S. Military but a larger nation..and there are only 2 of them on Earth. Iran sure isn't one of them....So OF COURSE they have 'really' been working to make nukes. MY only concern is whether they can be trusted to simply have them and not use them for first strike purposes. That I do NOT trust Iran entirely with...but again, it's too damn late now.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
i clicked on your link...and got a pop up. that, to me, is usually a sign that the site isn't that legit.

I'm surprised so many here have not heard of Debka, it's a legit news source although being Israeli in origin, it has been accused of having an Israeli "slant" on the news it reports. Here's a blurb from Wiki:

DEBKAfile is a Jerusalem-based English language Israeli open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East. The word "Debka" refers to an Arab folk dance.

The site started in the summer of 2000, and is operated from the Jerusalem home of journalists Giora Shamis and Diane Shalem. It has been awarded Forbes' Best of the Web award. Forbes identifies the best part of the website as being its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

I'm surprised so many here have not heard of Debka, it's a legit news source although being Israeli in origin, it has been accused of having an Israeli "slant" on the news it reports. Here's a blurb from Wiki:

DEBKAfile is a Jerusalem-based English language Israeli open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East. The word "Debka" refers to an Arab folk dance.

The site started in the summer of 2000, and is operated from the Jerusalem home of journalists Giora Shamis and Diane Shalem. It has been awarded Forbes' Best of the Web award. Forbes identifies the best part of the website as being its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

So its kinda like MSNBC has a tiny we bit Dem. slant and FOX has we bit REP. slant how can you take the truth from any one???

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
I don't understand how someone can be as hypocritical as Israel. They have a secret stockpile of nuclear weapons since the 60s, and refuses to join the IAEA, while expecting Iran to join and come 'clean'.

Israel has never admitted to having nukes, nor have they denied it. They've been content to leave everyone wondering. However, if they do have nukes then they have already proven that they are sophisticated enough to have them without using them. I have zero confidence that we could expect the same of Iran.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

They got one thing right though.

They are smart enough to stay the hell away from NATO.
If only the US would follow suit and tell NATO to take a hike.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Even if it's true, I say let em have them. They don't even have an airforce to bring one over here so what's the big deal? It's our fault for giving so much credibility to countries that possess nukes over the years, so why should we blame them for wanting one?

vote Ron Paul.. let's elect some clear-headed sanity back into the leadership of this once-great nation

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And lets get things straight.. Ahmadenijad didn't say he wanted to 'wipe Isreal off the map'. The accurate translation was actually "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time"

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Israel has never admitted to having nukes, nor have they denied it. They've been content to leave everyone wondering. However, if they do have nukes then they have already proven that they are sophisticated enough to have them without using them. I have zero confidence that we could expect the same of Iran.

Jean Claude Van Damme never admitted to being a bad actor either.

This isn't proof but here are a few stories that make you go hmmmmm?

Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities

Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'

Ex-US President Jimmy Carter has said Israel has at least 150 atomic weapons in its arsenal.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that Iran already has an entire nuke arsenal, and has for years, as do dozens of other military/industrialized countries. But shhhh, don't tell anyone, it's a big secret... UN security council sanctions and all.

No doubt the black market on WMD sales and trade between our top brass boys around the globe is a highly profitable business for them.

And besides, it makes for great propaganda when you can turn around later and point your finger at someone and say they have something they shouldn't... right about the time you feel like wiping them off the map.

Pot, meet kettle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join