It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Hipster Vs Ex-Marine/Retired NYPD - Guess who won

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have an analogy to current events. See if you can find yourself.

On a southern plantation one day, the slave owner noticed that a slave was reading a book. The slave owner thought that it wouldn't hurt, let him read. It seemed to make him happy, and a happy slave is a productive slave.
Time passed, and one day the slave owner noticed this particular slave seemed to have a following. He was emerging as a leader of sorts. The slave owner asked around to find out what he had been talking about. He find that the slave had been discussing the rights of men. The slave owner took action and flogged the slave mercilessly.
When this slave returned to his quarters, he was told...
First slave. You brought it on yourself.
Second slave. WE are not men, don't you get it?
Third slave. Dude, the system is rigged against us. We all know it. You are the fool trying to fight the man.

Leader slave. All of us could storm the house, and proclaim our freedom. We are slaves because WE allow it. You all are just content that when it doesn't rain and we are starving to death, that the slave owner goes and buys hay for us to eat. You are afraid to break the chains.

First slave. You are talking about the cows, man!

Leader slave. What is the difference?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Oh come off it. Save your rhetoric for someone who gives a damn. Blah blah blah, Hitler, blah blah blah, think of the children.

The point is both the ex-cop and the person removed were douchebags, nobody should be supporting their actions because they discredit those with the same ideals or "goals" if you will. The kid should have gotten kicked out, as you would expect out of any event that you decide to disrupt. Its not rocket science, you don't have to commit a crime to get thrown out of a public event.

The ex-cop should have been removed after he removed the other douche bag, that's the only unfortunate part, but tough tits.

edit on 15-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You can protest all you want. When you start interfering with MY pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, that's where we are going to have a problem.

If I am trying to get to work, or a medical appointment, or a birthday party, I have the right to do so. You DON"T have the right to block streets, try to shut down or block access to subways, or otherwise impede me as a citizen from getting on with my daily business. And when you try, and are tossed aside, we don't want to hear about "your right to free speech."

Was the cop here in the wrong, probably. But I see too many of these OWS douchebags interfering with the comings and goings of regular people trying to go about their business.

Am I a fat cat Wall Street banker? No. But if you try to block myself or others from getting on with their daily comings and goings, and get tossed to the curb, that's not infringing on your right to free speech.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join