It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Add popups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've got a banner for dove soap on the top of the forum. Every time I log in, it makes a pop up that I have to close at least 5 times before I can do anything.

PLEASE get rid of it, dang thing is really annoying.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This ad?

Just a banner for me, never a pop-up.
Do you have a pop-up blcker running?

If it popped-up for me everytime, it would be annoying...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Its been popping up for me all day as well.
I have brought it to the attention of staff but i think i have been ignored.

I have put my complaint in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... but no word yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just did a little experimenting and found that when you move your mouse pointer over the right side of the Dove Ad-Banner that's when you get the popup. Try and avoid getting your mouse near there I guess, is annoying though.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Once that stupid ad pops up, and you close it, it just pops right back up again !!

You don't even need to be near it with the mouse after the first time. It just comes up again, close it and it thinks you've now clicked on it, then it opens a new tab, so you close the tab and the stupid thing pops up again!

It's a pain in the butt, that ad

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Anyone still getting that ad?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i've had issues as well, the dove ad is one of them, also a ford add and i have had to deal with others as well.

what happens is that when you go for the bar for navigating just under the banner yo end up moving a milometer too far causing the add to expand, drives me nuts. not all the adds are that sensitive, but some are.

it would be much better if it was set up to expand when "clicking" on it instead of it expanding when touched.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We've identified the source, and since they were targeted to Canadian users only (dry skin up there?), it was hard to find. The ads should now have been removed from rotation.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It looks ok on my end.
The dove ad was the only ad I saw all day and now it is changed.

Thank you guys soooo much!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

No more Dove AD. Thanks. Lets just hope that my skin doesn't dry up. Won't know what to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanx SO

We already know all we need to know about Dove soap, 1/4 cold cream and all. I promise we won't let ourselves shrivel up over the winter

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
not sure about these ads, as i dont see any ads but doves on the other hand are very tasty with some lemmon and olive oil over a charcoal bbq

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Maybe they trying to tell you something,
. Don't you just hate that, receiving smellys such as Dove, Cheapo Perfume etc, at Christmas!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
As the issue has been resolved, this thread is now closed.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

top topics

join