It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Causeless happiness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To be what we are, happy, that's our inner nature, we are love, when we are what we are, when we give up pursuing happiness and just be happy because that's our nature, to love and be happy, that's when we find ourselves and stop looking outside in the temporary world.
Happiness doesnt need anymore than existence.
Happiness needs no reason.

Watch this vid

Be what you are, you are love, you are happiness, stop searching it, be it.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Originally posted by Manula

I can say the same about loneliness.

[color=B8FFFA]"What makes loneliness an anguish is not that I have no one to share my burden, but this: I have only my own burden to bear."

[color=FFE591]Dag Hammarskjold

edit on 11/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by Manula

I can say the same about loneliness.

[color=B8FFFA]"What makes loneliness an anguish is not that I have no one to share my burden, but this: I have only my own burden to bear."

[color=FFE591]Dag Hammarskjold

edit on 11/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

So what? You can feel lonely but that is not who/what you are. What if love and happiness is your true nature and one day you will just be it and stop searching?

Maybe the secret is in the place no one is searching.
Maybe we don't need reasons to be happy.

Did you see the vid?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
And I can say freedom to choose. The greatest part is when one individual embodies one, the other embodies the other, and both wish the other to be where they are.

Live and let live, but I must admit, it is strange that some choose to live in a field of dreariness.

edit on 13-11-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Didn't get your point...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Happiness needs no reason?

So there is no pursuit of it, it can just be, with out action, or lack of result?

I'm confused on what your definition of happiness even is, so yeah....

State of mind?
Can a state of mind always be? Is it void of influence, is it not based on bias?
Is there any room for predisposition,does temperance and virtue have no role?
Where did moral character go?

May I suggest before trying to convince people of something, first you address the very nature in which gives construct to such a premise...

I don't care to discredit, only asking for an actual basis in which this is all derived from.

There is no such thing as causless in my book, and many other books on the topic of Happiness, or philosophy in general.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Do you know the tarot card, the fool? In some decks its the 0, in others is the 22. It is the begining and the end, the fool is happy for no reason, its a spontaneous feeling good, no matter what happens, we start innocent and childish, happy for no reason and we end the journey like that.

Jesus said that to enter the kingdom of heaven we should be like childs, from two make one.

Buddhism tells you happiness comes from within.

Law of one says the moment contains love.

Others say we are spirit and our core is love and light, when you just are what you are and stop looking outside in the temporary world, you found the secret of lasting happiness, you found yourself.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

So what? You can feel lonely but that is not who/what you are.
You don't know who, or what, I am.

I would never tell you that you are not happy, or that happy is not who/what you are.

What if love and happiness is your true nature and one day you will just be it and stop searching?

I stopped searching a few years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I often wonder why people get so caught up in the day to day drama of life, and why they spend so much time and energy pursuing negative emotions such as hate and anger. I just can't be bothered wasting energy on something that makes me feel bad.

When faced with a situation that most would find stressfull my mind steps back and almost unconsciously thinks, 'Will I care in a year'. If the answer is no, then I move on.

When I was a kid I actually thought that maybe I had some kind of personality disorder and often pretended to act angry or sad in various situations just so people would think I was normal. My two driving emotions seem to be contentment and humour and they leave very little room for anything else. (Once I hit about 16 a great deal of cynicism entered my life as well when dealing with stupidity but on the whole that's managed to balance out
).

It also puzzles me why so many people seem to have to work on being positive when to me it comes so naturally.

Maybe I'm simply lucky, or maybe I was a very good boy in a past life..... One of the very few gifts I posses is the ability to step back, see the bigger picture and discard the bs.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Do you know the tarot card, the fool? In some decks its the 0, in others is the 22. It is the begining and the end, the fool is happy for no reason, its a spontaneous feeling good, no matter what happens, we start innocent and childish, happy for no reason and we end the journey like that.

Jesus said that to enter the kingdom of heaven we should be like childs, from two make one.

Buddhism tells you happiness comes from within.

Law of one says the moment contains love.

Others say we are spirit and our core is love and light, when you just are what you are and stop looking outside in the temporary world, you found the secret of lasting happiness, you found yourself.

Which approach would you like to stick to in regards to defending such a stance in which implies that happiness can just be. If we're just going to pull quotes and paraphrasing what others have said about the topic, well my Aristotle beats your Buddah, or shall I just throw you a John Locke curveball?

How can you even defend the notion of
"Be what you are, you are love, you are happiness, stop searching it, be it"
If you are to be what you are, you are acting out of predispositions and cognitive bias', kinda like being a product of your environment. Then you are to address the world in which surrounds you with temperament and virtue.

In order to obtain this very notion of causless happiness, there first must be a cause, which is the recognition of happiness in the first place... how do you even recognize happiness? Maybe dualism? But how can you have a comprehension of one with out the other, and the experience of both? Just to bare witness isn't enough.

en.wikipedia.org...(philosophy_of_mind)
dualism

en.wikipedia.org...
Virtue

en.wikipedia.org...
Temperament

Everything is a derivitive of something, which I would suggest rules out causless. For your very being is of cause. This can be understood with out even addressing paradoxial arguements.

Personally, it's baseless...

Your reference of the fools card in the Tarot is pretty interesting... You are right, but that's only when you read the information in which you provided in regards to the meaning of the Fools card. So when that fool is filled with excitement and bliss and all the good stuff, they are often blind to the cliff that they are about to walk off of. Are we supposed to not care about this figurative cliff? I guess not.

Well hopefully nobody leads a bunch of fools towards a cliff, while they run wild in the tall grass.
Is that where the Catcher In The Rye comes in? Then does that mean, that even the 'Catcher' shall as well exhibit behaviours in which entail that of the fool? Or, in this fun little hypathetical, be of sacrafice happiness for the greater good, or can this 'Catcher' simultaneously feel both dualisms of a class of emotion?

It's not to say that I don't agree with the notion and understanding that Happiness first comes with the understanding of self, but that's not to imply that it's causless, because even coming to the understanding of self is based upon the cause of trying to find happiness itself, going by your comment....
" you found the secret of lasting happiness, you found yourself"
You just gave cause! To find Happiness

This truly doesn't have to become pardoxial...

Would you mind backing up your understanding or theory with some scientific method of reasoning or anything?
Maybe start with some Francis Bacon, move over to St. Augustine, take a leap back to Aristotle for quotes, instead of tossing out some interputation of Tarot Cards, Quoting biblical texts... I guess some 'Law of One' stuff isn't sooo bad, but yeah.....

The idea of causless is fruitless, for cause and influence is reponsible for the state of being, simply put, on all levels. Maybe check out multiple theories of the soul and everything it entails, for you will understand where I'm coming from. I'm not saying you haven't, but(out of ignorance) it seems that you don't have an understanding that is not derived from research of diverse takes on the subject....

Remember, 'Pursuit of Happiness', that wasn't just made up out of nothing.

Either way, keep up the good fight, and advocating happiness, just remember the reality of actuality...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

they confuse u to do the same, using any for smthg make that thing forced to reject all in order to justify the least of being of, which is the ultimate paradoxe that evil creates while showing ugliness of dirt being all what evil do

children are not borned happy, that is a lie, go to orpheans houses and see what children there look like

children cry the first second they are in life and keep crying for no reason while screaming and shout, that is why the adage is more about stop being a child and b a man

what makes a child happy is the proper environment of adults, the knowledge that he is surrounded and protected by superior intelligence objectively justified in all he sees of

objective superiority is what make the child act freely right

it is weird how up seem the most liars of all, while down have the excuse of needs why do up insist upon lies as if they mean to make everyone hells only

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Did you watch the video?
If you are pursuing happiness you 'think' you are unhappy.
If you know you are happiness there is no need to look for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

It's all relative to what 'you' believe. If you 'believe' in evil, dirt, ugliness and liars then that is in 'you'. That is 'your belief' system and that is what you experience.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
You guys will never find a person that is happy and loving life in stable and consistent way if that person depends on anything but what is in the moment. What exists in the moment is enough.
The moment contains love.
Awareness of the availability of love in all the moments is enough.
Of course we may live what we want, do a lot of things etc etc but in reality, to just exist knowing our true nature, we are light/love beings, is enough.

What i am saying is that you can live all the things off life, but you don't have to pursue happiness, you are happiness, if you know who/what you are, and you live what you are, you will love life all the time while doing your stuff.

Love and do what you want.

Love can be the ground you walk and the root and cause of all your actions. Just be it, stop looking for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

The causeless happiness is presence.
It is because we dwell in the truth of now that we are happy.
Those lost in time know nothing of happiness.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

It's all relative to what 'you' believe. If you 'believe' in evil, dirt, ugliness and liars then that is in 'you'. That is 'your belief' system and that is what you experience.

no that is in u since u are from believing to urself, a lot of people like me separate in mind objective reality from what they are truly relative one out

it is ur way to bring all to urself always for rejecting that others also exist so their own perspectives freedom from urself one as well as everything objective absolute reality one life that is never related to ur free life

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I just wish i could understand what you write, it is unreadable.
You seem to use the word evil alot though. Evil is subjective.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

to u it is subjective since u r of all use as urself free condition to b

evil by definition cant b but objective fact, since noone ever even satan could mean evil to him

that is how evil is science of objective rights and positive free ones abuse, from taking advantage of knowing that only superiority is all to truth by insisting to act in pretense of representing the superior truth

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I just wish i could understand what you write, it is unreadable.
You seem to use the word evil alot though. Evil is subjective.

Of course. The problem is not what happens, the problem is our reaction to it. Reality in itself is neutral.

We can see no evil, we can only see love, even a conduct called evil is nothing but the unawareness of love or lack of love. Give love to the so called evil, help him feel love, and the cure starts.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Very impressive, you can immediatly tell if one experiences it or not, isn't it, and see the struggles of mankind. Are these struggles even human at all? Become human human.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join