It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets Occupied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I found it odd that I was afraid to do it at first. I found that disturbing, that's kind of why I did it. I didn't like the idea of being afraid to sing a song that I created. I've never, in my life, been afraid to sing anything.

The song We Are The Many:

We'll occupy the streets
We'll occupy the courts
We'll occupy the offices of you
Till you do
The bidding of the many, not the few

The APEC summit was attended by about nine pacific rim leaders including Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda of Japan, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Chinese President Hu Jintao.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
that is so awesome...to bad the sociopaths and psychopaths were probably totally clueless.
But for the rest of us humans, its inspiring and fills the dark corners with light.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Such a beautiful song...

S&F my friend. Good post.

This fear he speaks of is something we all have every day. I encourage all to apply this to their daily life, especially to your friends.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Very beautiful song. I can't help but wonder what they thought about what was being sung to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"I swear by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

~Aloha from John Galt~

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Excellent song; very moving. This Makana fellow not only has talent, he has his head on straight. The words are pointed at both of the problems: Wall Street AND Washington. I don't personally really blame Wall Street. After all, I don't blame a fire for burning, or a scorpion for stinging. But I most certainly do blame Washington for accepting and fomenting Wall Street's power.

Thanks for sharing.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This made my day! AIPAC, the perfect audience! If I were him, I would start out peaceful and end up cussing them all out. I think it's a good thing that this guy sang and not me hahaha! But on the real, Israel bombs a nation whose average age is 17 years old, nuff said.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is what this movement is all about and Star, flag and massive kudos to Makana for sending a major message to those in the positions of power that can actually get something done.

He is a true patriot, sending the message to those that can make the change we all so desperately are crying and begging for.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

My guess, is the mindflip that each and everyone of them got and that is the hard dose of reality!
edit on 14-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I'm sorry. I have to beg to differ. They are not the ones that actually will change things. It is us that has that power. I don't normally like to rain on a parade, but feel that if I didn't catch this now, it might go unnoticed and hence contribute to our apathy. Language is so important.

We have the power to change. And we do it fundamentally by showing what's in our heart, then the world changes around us. Just wanted to get that out there.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
"I swear by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

~Aloha from John Galt~

Which is why I decided to write books, telling other people how to live their lifes, while profiting from the state-granted, worldwide monopoly, that comes with publishing.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Credit to this guy for doing that. I think like all of us he feels a deep injustice, but also feels fear in situations when he's alone. Its easy for all of us on the internet to voice what we think, but its not as easy to do so in real life situations when you are outnumbered.

There is something else - music and comedy. None of us should forget that people will cut somebody more slack if the message is passed on through comedy or music. Why that is, is an interesting topic of debate, but I feel its because those listening have more time to reflect and / or to laugh at themselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Do you believe that? I find that most parents for example would give their lives for their children, or once their partner has gone, only live for their children. I also believe that there are people who have given (or lived) their lives for the sake of others. Without those people the world would be a poorer place.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Great video...I like the idea that maybe someone that has some real power heard this, changed his/her mind on what life is about and is going to change things for the better. Good job OP. S+F
edit on 14-11-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Talk about guts. My hats off to this performer, without qualification. Where can we send him for about 10,000 clones? Him and 'Captain Jack' from the Nashville OWS. Those two together need to get some serious recording studio time and make a protest CD. There is an outstanding way of getting the message and word out. Heck, sales of a CD could even fund OWS operations going forward. I'd buy a few copies just for collectors items if I didn't like the music as well.

He deserves a medal for his gumption and success there. (nod of respect)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sorry, but he can't crash a party that he's already been invited to play in. .... He had to get invited somehow...

Yeah but on the yahoo AP
for the whole 45 Min. No one paid attention to him, not even the Obama's.
They were all oblivious to the lyrics of the song.

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 14-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

join