It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did something just plunge into the sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was just checking out n3kl.org to look at the magnificent filament and I noticed what appears to be a large impact of some sort on the bottom left? Maybe from a previous explosion?

source:sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i throw a tennis ball at it. didnt think i would hit it.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Ya nice shot... I wonder how tall this is compared to the filament that is happening right now?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's just a large prominence.
It has been developing over the last few days. Cool isn't it?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That thing is huge, ad it looks like it is getting bigger too.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't really think that something plunged into the sun there.. The sun is about 15 million degrees c on the outside so. whatever would come in any close contact would probably melt around it before it got sucked in by the gravity.. But nonetheless Interesting, looks likes a flare of some sort. Oh, are you tuning in to the Soyuz launch? 11:14 EST If i believe so

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This looks like a ship emerging, I know...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That's a huge prominence. That's like saying, zit, no I can't see a zit.
No, I see what your saying, but is this normal. I don't recall seeing to many of these shots. So what happens if that thing explodes? Zit juice all over the place?
edit on 13-11-2011 by samlf3rd because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Probably a comet nothing unusual, good catch though

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemicflames
I don't really think that something plunged into the sun there.. The sun is about 15 million degrees c on the outside so. whatever would come in any close contact would probably melt around it before it got sucked in by the gravity.. But nonetheless Interesting, looks likes a flare of some sort. Oh, are you tuning in to the Soyuz launch? 11:14 EST If i believe so

Actually, the surface of the sun is around 5-6000 degrees, although the temp does increase above the surface in the gaseous zone, is this what your referring to? But yeah, most things would just be like the inside of a microwaved hot jam donut and melt before contact was made. Unless it is something of enormous mass.

new topics

top topics

join