It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how Iran could hypothetically beat america with 1 preemptive action

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

It does exist.

Really, one that could wipe out the entire US power power grid? Thank god you've got Alaska then......

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The term "beat" is misleading as in the long run they would not win.

It sounds like you are thinking along the lines of the book "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen

First the US can retaliate from many sites around the world that would not be knocked out due to a strike on the US.

Guam. Diego Garcia. The UK Australia Alaska and all of our Nuclear Navy.

So they would not "beat" the US only do damage that would not be anything close to the damage that would be done to them.

Shortly they would no longer need lights at night because they would be in worst shape.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I suggest you read through this. Or if you like to read fiction books based on science, try this book. It is pretty good.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Then you have the scenario of, "who lost the least". Everyone loses if this happens.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I suggest you read through this. Or if you like to read fiction books based on science, try this book. It is pretty good.

Quite an interesting link, thanks for the share. Overall the main area of damage seems relatively small though. Approximately 600km radius I think I read. Beyond that it seems you may have a few issues checking your emails but important infrastructure doesn't look like it will be severely disrupted.

EMP attack seems much more preferable than an all out nuclear attack though. Almost ironic though that the US 'War on Terror' has created the perfect socio-political climate to breed these extremist terroist types
edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I say an EMP at this point would serve the neocon talk show hosts and media fear-mongers right.

Sorry, but at this point I am so sick of the murders we're sold as humanitarian actions, spokesmouth lying and blatant manipulation and the easily manipulated that I just want them all to shut up already.

Probably should go chill out now.

peace everyone

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Quite an interesting link, thanks for the share. Overall the main area of damage seems relatively small though. Approximately 600km radius I think I read. Beyond that it seems you may have a few issues checking your emails but important infrastructure doesn't look like it will be severely disrupted.

EMP attack seems much more preferable than an all out nuclear attack though. Almost ironic though that the US 'War on Terror' has created the perfect socio-political climate to breed these extremist terroist types
edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

I agree with you 100%. This following paragraph from page 30 of the report is my favorite (scariest).

Restoration of some damage can be very long term, certainly months and in some instances years. The loss of generation of any size itself would contribute to systemwide collapse and certainly would limit restoration. Manufacturers of generation plant protection and control equipment performed some limited evaluation and while there are layers of redundancy, as noted, more and more these systems are going to computer-controlled microelectronics, and thus are more susceptible to EMP disruption.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
would not nor could not happen NORAD has its power source , can take a direct hit of a nuke and still maintain operations then you have the southcompac as seen here, just so you know what i mean www.cpf.navy.mil... and the same with the Atlantic fleets , for you seem to for get we have www.nimitz.navy.mil... one of many that would make Iran a sheet of glass as well as few of thees navysite.de... just one would do the trick but you know us the US 5 or 6 just to make sure the job was done

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Iran Has No Chance America Would Just Destroy Iran

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by group935

Iran would be better off setting one off on them selves and blame the US for it, this is how they could win in the long run, but then proving the US did it would be a challenge, not saying it is imposable,

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

All they have to do is get one or two fired at the same time high enough that it would take out 67% of the grids and it would be a domino effect after that. Sure they would get fried in the process, but, it could still happen. NORAD does not keep the whole electric grid going.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by group935

YAH! How can you hear anything though when your head is so far in the sand?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think it would be a damn good battle if these 2 countries went to war.

The Allies that USA have is nothing compared to Irans Allies which are Russia, China and a good portion of the middle East.
Heck i wouldn't be surprised to see Japan jump on that bandwagon, bit of payback for the nuke you dropped on them 70 years ago.

Iran would not do such a thing unless it was a pre-planned attack with Russia and China.

Saying that, America would stand no chance at all.

Chinese Navy positioned perfectly, Russian army in place, Iran could pretty much do anything they want if they had 100% backing from these countries.

Quit thinking your so invincible America, if the day came - there would be little to no hope for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
How would u be able to launch a nuclear warhead high enough without being detected to get the EMP blast to set off. And three well place EMP blast will not knock out the all the power grid. THe US is a pretty big area. With when one area out. Another area can funnel the energy to another state. It's not that easy.
edit on 13-11-2011 by amfirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I highly doubt China will get involved. China will not go to war with the US for one reason. They would be writing off the trillions dollars the US owe to China. It's like killing a guy that owes u a billion dollars. I guess your not going to get paid. Plus, this guy happens to be your number one customer. Pretty stupid move if u ask me and China happens to be one of the smarter countries.

And Russia would probably supply Iran. The US and Russia would not fight each other because no one will win. Remember only the weak gets preyed on. The strong guys don't want to fight each other. They want to pick on the small guy.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This scenario is impossible.

Destroyers with the Aegis system would detect it from the mid-pacific and bye-bye ICBM.

And btw, the Aegis succes rate is 99% and if it fails we'll just fire another one that won't fail.

Google "Aegis ballistic missile defence system."
edit on 13-11-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
How would u be able to launch a nuclear warhead high enough without being detected to get the EMP blast to set off. And three well place EMP blast will not knock out the all the power grid. THe US is a pretty big area. With when one area out. Another area can funnel the energy to another state. It's not that easy.

Please do some research, or at least let people know that you are about to state your opinion...that way we know you are wrong and not your research.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
This scenario is impossible.

Destroyers with the Aegis system would detect it from the mid-pacific and bye-bye ICBM.

And btw, the Aegis succes rate is 99% and if it fails we'll just fire another one that won't fail.

Google "Aegis ballistic missile defence system."

So...IF it was fired from Venezuela then what? Aegis BMD would literally, be able to do nothing.

ETA: It wouldn't be delivered by an ICBM.

edit on 13-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Beat what??Ha,Ha,Ha .....1

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
I highly doubt China will get involved. China will not go to war with the US for one reason. They would be writing off the trillions dollars the US owe to China. It's like killing a guy that owes u a billion dollars. I guess your not going to get paid. Plus, this guy happens to be your number one customer. Pretty stupid move if u ask me and China happens to be one of the smarter countries.

And Russia would probably supply Iran. The US and Russia would not fight each other because no one will win. Remember only the weak gets preyed on. The strong guys don't want to fight each other. They want to pick on the small guy.

Why would China get involved? Well, let's say you are the bank, and a customer of yours keeps buying stuff from you on credit. Now, you are loaning them the money to buy the stuff with in the first place. At what point do you call in debt owed? What if they can't pay? You take their stuff....or foreclose.

If Iran and its allies decided to attack the US, you can expect world devastation, but, US would come out the loser.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join