It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus With a Crystal Ball?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A painting has been discovered which likely was a lost da Vinci titled Salvator Mundi.

Many know that Leonardo would often paint in such a way as to cause a stir and controversy, but Jesus holding a crystal ball, imo, takes the proverbial cake.

Crystal balls, imho, is equal to the wickedly wizardly stuff the Merovingian line liked to get into.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
wow...nice find. that is pretty wicked looking. jesus....with a crystal ball. ha. how...appropriate yet shocking.

S&F

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting picture.His fingers are entwined also on his other hand,wonder what that means?

Regards to all

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Those nutty Merovingian kings were buried with their crystal balls, apparently. Sure does add some flavour to that tattered old book; The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, doesn't it?

For those that don't know that old conspiracy, Jesus fathered a child through Mary (no, not mom, the other Mary) and she escaped to France where the line of Jesus continued through her child. Enter the occultist Merovingians line of kings.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I take this as more a metaphorical symbol than an actual crystal ball. Perhaps he was poking fun at Jesus?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

More like he was alluding to John the Baptist instead of Jesus, in my thinking.

But, honestly... how would the Vatican have taken occultism such as gazing into crystal balls back in those days? If there's any tool which has stood the test of time as related to witchcraft, it's gotta be a crystal ball.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It is not a "crystal ball" like those used by gypsys and fortune tellers.

The Orb, better known as the Globus Cruciger symbolizes dominion over the world. It is recognized as having a literal meaning of the world being held in the dominion of an earthly ruler, or sometimes a celestial being, such as an angel.

You can read more of it's history as well as view other paintings of it from the links on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
the Globus Cruciger symbolizes dominion over the world. It is recognized as having a literal meaning of the world being held in the dominion of an earthly ruler,

That's an interesting view on the object for certain, Alethea, but the clear crystal is unmistakable and the objects pictured in your OP are anything but clear.

If da Vinci wanted to represent the Globus Cruciger in particular (the earth being a non-translucent solid), why would he go through the extra trouble of making it clear as glass?

Now I want to really see a high-def close-up of the object.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Thanks, OP. I think it is so beautiful, it is now presently my favorite to look at (I was partial to an image of Gilgamesh and Enkidu, previous to this one).

I guess one could say that since the painting is entitled, Savior of the World that he is holding the World. But considering the artist I have a feeling this is going to get thick. It is already as though Jesus is almost androgynous in this painting, and I think I see breasts.

Also, Jesus in this painting is wearing the traditional garment colors of his Mother instead of the usual red and white, which is probably significant considering he looks so feminine. Also note the three points of light in the 'globe'.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just a thought maybe its not Jesus, maybe its Simon magus.

Link-en.wikipedia.org...

As i said just a thought.

Regards to all

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

A Globus Cruciger is, by definition, a "cross-bearing orb'. This is clearly not one.

I don't know the meaning of the object but it is certainly a glass or crystal ball.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Alethea
the Globus Cruciger symbolizes dominion over the world. It is recognized as having a literal meaning of the world being held in the dominion of an earthly ruler,

That's an interesting view on the object for certain, Alethea, but the clear crystal is unmistakable and the objects pictured in your OP are anything but clear.

If da Vinci wanted to represent the Globus Cruciger in particular (the earth being a non-translucent solid), why would he go through the extra trouble of making it clear as glass?

Now I want to really see a high-def close-up of the object.

Here's a clear one by Andrea Previtali

www.nationalgallery.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I do not consider the crystal ball to be related to witch craft. If any one item could define witchcraft, it's the cauldron.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
, but the clear crystal is unmistakable and the objects pictured in your OP are anything but clear.

Well, maybe Jesus used it to illustrate the theme of his platform as----transparency!

Dare we think that transparency will ever come to fruition?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Excellent comparison. Both paintings relate to the same era and I notice that Andrea Previtali also paid homage to John the Baptist, which intrigues me just a little.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
Just a thought maybe its not Jesus, maybe its Simon magus.

Link-en.wikipedia.org...

As i said just a thought.

Very interesting comment. Most people assume these stereotyped images are of Jesus when, in actuality, we really do not know what he looked like and even historical information on the guy is dubious at best.

Perhaps this stereotyped image is Simon Magus, and perhaps he was the forerunner of the early formation of the Papal structure.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This representation of Christ is a common one. it could be considered a Salvator Mundi or Da Vinci's Salvator Mundi.

So we have to look at the variations he put in to it. So far, as I said, there are three points of light in the 'globus'. It might be interesting to see how many are in other Salvators (for instance the one posted above shows 2 points of light.

Also, mentioned before, the color of his garments and his obvious androgyny.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
If any one item could define witchcraft, it's the cauldron.

I concede that point. If witchcraft is to be looked at with an eye to the Celtic peoples alone, the crystal ball goes back as far as 2000BC, but I'd bet the cauldron dates to much further into the distant past.
edit on 12/11/11 by masqua because: grammar

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Does anyone here know the significince of the hand gestures being used?

Both the hand holding the orb (Left hand) and the upraised hand (Right Hand) seem to be held in a manner suggesting a meaning, I looked through the Buddhist Mudras and although a few where similar could not find an exact match.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think it meant that through His words Jesus predicted the future. His hands entertwined mean that he has the whole world in his hands.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join