It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the right path to enlightenment?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Faith. god. all of this. Personally what i believe, and this is just what I believe. "God," like the ones all the christians and what not talk about, was an alien ( i mean if you research religion for about a year you can pretty much come to this conclusion if you actually put puzzle piece and puzzle piece together) And, the reason why a lot of the main religions sprouted up, was mainly because way back in history, we really had no idea what it was that came from the sky and had more intelligence than us, and worked us as slaves and/or whatever they probably did. I will tell you this. WHATEVER BOOK OR RELIGION you follow as some sort of enlightenment, please don't take it literally. Thats probably the biggest mistake shallow people make. Enlightenment? Learn all you can in this life. Get really good at mathematics, and sciences, and the whatnot. That way, you will be prepared for any kind of future life, or whatever you believe in.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
This is the reason you believe that you need to be enlightened:
youtu.be...
The reason life feels so heavy and how to feel lighter.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Would not enlightenment be the realisation of this truth? Which in turn means one must beccome enlightened to a degree in order to gain this realisation.....?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I think it would be beneficial to have a clear understanding of our history as race and teachings to help us move forward. I just feel like this is more of a prison planet than anything and we are doomed to continue this idiotic cycle.

The only though that comes is this.... i agree.. totally!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
does not seem like a good starting place for humans to reach spiritual enlightenment.

its all about humans, is it...?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactix

does not seem like a good starting place for humans to reach spiritual enlightenment.

its all about humans, is it...?

It's all about kittens, G.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Obviously as humans we follow the circle of life being born and eventually dying.With all respect to peoples opinions on what happens after death; whether its reincarnation or what have you, once we are born we seem to reboot our awareness and start anew. It seems to me that as spiritual beings this process seems to inhibit our growth and evolution. I know that a person is supposed to have what everyone calls "faith", but i find it hard to believe that a "God" or a higher being is really helping us with this current cycle. I think it would be beneficial to have a clear understanding of our history as race and teachings to help us move forward. I just feel like this is more of a prison planet than anything and we are doomed to continue this idiotic cycle.

Also, the planet in which we inhabit is constantly cleansing itself over and over again with storms and shifting tectonic plates. Civilizations and ancient teachings are lost taking a part of us with them. We do not have a clear understanding of who we are! Earth does not seem like a good starting place for humans to reach spiritual enlightenment.

Any thoughts on this?

From what I understand, before we come here for each reincarnation (lifetime), we choose the types of lessons we want to learn. We even choose the people who will be in our lives. Then as we descend down to Earth, a veil of forgetfulness is placed over our eyes. The reason is said to be two-fold. One is because if we knew what our lessons were, it would be too easy for us to get through it and we wouldn't learn very much. The second is because if we could remember the paramount awesomeness of the place from which we came, then we would only be trying to get back there. Then THAT would be our entire focus in life and not the lessons we chose to learn.

The reason why it seems we are on a "prison planet" is because, in a way, we are. In each lifetime on Earth we create a whole ton of new karma. That means we harmed other people or ourselves. Now, God/Spirit/Source or whatever you call him/her/it doesn't want to punish you. But the place from which you came (some call it Heaven) is so perfect in every way, YOU decide that YOU want to rectify the mistakes you had made in your lifetime. So you descend back down again and create more karma. Everytime we do it, we think we'll get it right THIS time.

I think the key is forgiveness. We must forgive others and forgive ourselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I'm sorry but I disagree.

Some peoples minds are diluted by the everyday happenings of being a human.

Some peoples minds are not a very good leader, for themselves or for others.

But this does not call for oppression! This does not call for someone to make decisions for them!

This calls for clarity, searching for clarity.

Listen to the words of the wise, but like the buddha says, see if it has reason, see if it is conducive of good. And if it fits with you and has good qualities, then take thought to it.

You see, not every human is 'good' and their 'inner leader' can become corrupt.

WE are all students on this planet. ALL of us. Even the teachers. We are students to earth, to our own life, to life mortal, to life immortal, to the cycles of death.

I caution everyone to not only question the voices from WITHOUT, but also question the voice from WITHIN, use your DISCERNMENT gained through good practices to align yourself with what is correct.

Our EGO as it inhabits this body is separate from the divine, but our body is a temple, we can invite the divine into it, but the temple must be clean...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The most important thing is to better ourselves, get out of ignorance of how suffering and happiness operate within ourselves, to be consistently happy, to depend only on ourselves to feel good.

Earth is a school, we incarnate here many times until we learn what we have to learn.
So follow your inner voice, try to make your choices with a calm stable mind, your path will be traveled and one day you will stop coming here, or you will come by choice, to help.

Earth is a school and the game we play is tough, the lessons we learn are not easy, but its like that, better love it and accept it because you are here!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why is everyone so concerned with themselves obtaining enlightenment. The sufficiency of man cannot be found within our insufficient selves. Stop being so self centered. Try charity.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

'They' say if you spend time with an enlightened being, listening or just being with them that you too could realize the truth.
You can realize the truth without any help at all however i think that to fully integrate the awakening it helps to hear it. In this world you have heard or read scriptures and wise words all your life, but until the truth is known they will not mean anything. After realizing the truth each and every word is full of wonder and beauty. The whole world bursts into life, words are just one aspect.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
he is right. Though don't listen to your mind... listen to your heart

reply to post by Unrealised

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join