It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness is a mindset!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

I completly agree with what you said.
I made two threads lately about this:
This one

And

This one

The emotions are our creation and they come from our reactions to life.
We can choose to react good or bad to things of life.
We cant control life, but we can control what we feel about life, we can control our reactions.
Something happens, and you say: OMG i´m doomed, i´m miserable, this is a negative reaction and it creates negative emotion, fear, anxiety, depression, desperation and so on But, for the same event you can choose to say: I don't care, i can still be happy and enjoy life and you continue joyfull, calm, confident and happy. You say: i dont care, emotions are mine, i choose to feel good and enjoy life as it is, no matter what.
So you see, the same event, two different reactions, two different feelings.
In one situation you choose a good reaction. In another you choose a bad reaction.
The problem is not what happens, its our reaction to what happens, feelings are created by the positive or negative judgment of things of life.

If you let forces you cant control be the cause of your emotions you are doomed to be an emotional slave forever.

The secret is to be the master of your emotions. For that you must react well to life, be positive. You must be aware of your emotions. Just aknowlegde what you are feeling and then promote what you want to feel: calm peace, joy, compassion, come on feel it, its your energy, dont let the outside world rule your emotions!

Dont tell me you cant calm dow. You can, always. But you must be aware of your emotions and you must want to calm down.

Calm before the storm!
edit on 13-11-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
We are disturbed not by what happens to us, but by our thoughts about what happens.
- Epictetus

I also believe it is a mindset and one has to be vigilant about ones thoughts in every moment of time and space.
Though this invariably comes from "Knowing Thyself?"

f you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
— Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor (121-180)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
We are disturbed not by what happens to us, but by our thoughts about what happens.
- Epictetus

I also believe it is a mindset and one has to be vigilant about ones thoughts in every moment of time and space.
Though this invariably comes from "Knowing Thyself?"

f you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
— Marcus Aurelius, Roman emperor (121-180)

Nice quotes. Thats it! I wish everybody knew this, the world would be so much better for everyone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join