It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government demands payment from jailed ex-Border Patrol agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Is there any limit to this madness? The govt (Justice Dept) has a Border Patrol agent in jail on questionable charges, and now threatens to grab his house if he doesn't pay the fines they have levied on him, even though he can't pay while he is held in jail.

If the govt were so damn energetic when it came to border enforcement, we'd be in a sight better shape. Instead, the liberal hate for law and order shines once again.

The Justice Department this week sent a follow-up notice demanding former Border Patrol Agent Jesus E. Diaz Jr.’s family immediately pay nearly $7,000 and imposing a lien on his property, even though he remains in prison unable to pay and his family says a judge gave them a grace period.

It’s the second notice the Justice Department has sent to the family of Diaz, who was sentenced to prison for two years for using excessive force in arresting an illegal immigrant who was suspected of smuggling drugs. The new notice threatens new penalties if the money isn’t paid within 30 days.

But Diaz’s wife, Diana, who is also a Border Patrol agent, said she can’t pay right now and that the judge in the case said they would have a 60-day grace period after Mr. Diaz is released before they would have to make a payment.

“I can forward it to him in jail, but it’s not going to do any good,” she said. “I don’t have $7,000. I have four kids to feed.”

Link

Once again, it is Eric Holder and Barack Obama at the wheel of the train careening down the hill....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Could you kindly explain how this is liberal hate?.....A republican administration would demand payment as well, and has....This is just the way our government works.......County bankruptcy due to lack of paying it's bills, but expecting fines to be on the spot.

After re-reading this, the judge has said there will be a grace period before a payment is required....Not payment in full, but a payment. The notice sent by justice was probably sent without any human intelligence....Those notices, just like notices from credit agencies, are sent out by a computer just spitting out data. Those systems don't know or care the situation, nor do the humans stuffing the envelopes. They are not going to take the house unless they haven't addressed the bill 60 days after his release....lets stop making a mountain out of a mole hill, but if you think the whole situation is wrong, then you probably agree with the occupy groups that are against organizations screwing the little guy.....This would be a case of the little guy getting screwed.
edit on 11-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In hindsight, two years in prison is a small price to pay
considering if he did not defend himself he could of been
killed himself.

While the prosecution of this guy is disturbing,
I am glad we are not reading he himself was killed..

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Could you kindly explain how this is liberal hate?.....A republican administration would demand payment as well, and has....This is just the way our government works.......County bankruptcy due to lack of paying it's bills, but expecting fines to be on the spot.

Sorry. I should have called it racist hate,, but the two are so closely intertwined...

Truth is, with Holder, if you're black, you walk.

And a conservative admin would never have charged him, given the facts.
edit on 11-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
In hindsight, two years in prison is a small price to pay
considering if he did not defend himself he could of been
killed himself.

While the prosecution of this guy is disturbing,
I am glad we are not reading he himself was killed..

Well, so are most of us glad, Fact is, he shouldn't be in a cell for this.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Holder really is a jackarse. He let's the Black Panthers get away with voter intimidation, ACORN gets away with vote fraud but yet a Border Patrol agent is put in prison for defending himself and doing his job? They also sue states for trying to stop illegal immigrants? As if that wasent enough they also decide to send weapons to Mexican drug cartels to use against our own Border Patrol? What the beep is wrong with our system?

I really, really, really can't wait until the Evil Duo of Obama and Holder are out of office.
edit on 11-11-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

There is a back story to this people always leave out. What got him the time is he lied and perjured himself and the other Agents testified against him. Normally I'd be on his side, but this time I think he was guilty.

The fact they let the drug mule off is a travesty though.

This guys Wife is all over and never mentions the real thing he did which he was guilty off. Perhaps that angered them? He should have just told the truth instead of trying to cover up and he would still be home and still working.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by pointr97

Sorry. I should have called it racist hate,, but the two are so closely intertwined...

Truth is, with Holder, if you're black, you walk.

And a conservative admin would never have charged him, given the facts.
edit on 11-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

I can accept that correction, and I grudgingly quote south park who summed it up very accurately,

Cartman, "Its okay polly prissy pants your going to be safe here, in this day and age, black people are just impervious to be F'd with.......Token, your the only person I can trust, because in today's age and time, black people are incapable of doing anything wrong.'.......I know cartman is messed up, but it does feel like the racial pendulum has swung the other way.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

reply to post by mishigas

There is a back story to this people always leave out. What got him the time is he lied and perjured himself and the other Agents testified against him. Normally I'd be on his side, but this time I think he was guilty.

The fact they let the drug mule off is a travesty though.

This guys Wife is all over and never mentions the real thing he did which he was guilty off. Perhaps that angered them? He should have just told the truth instead of trying to cover up and he would still be home and still working.

OK, fill me in. I'll admit I'm not up to speed on the lie he told. Was it enough to warrant this degree of punishment?

new topics

top topics

join