It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Stupid Party Agree to Higher Taxes and More Wasteful Spending? (and a beezzer apology)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Aside from the personal snipe at beez, I actually agree with you.

The "999" plan is regressive.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by beezzer

Well, Beezzer, you're about as "independent" as a siamese twin. You always have been, and you're not going to fool anyone. But hey, I appreciate the almost-effort you kind of went through.

You don't solve a debt unless you're making money to feed it. My only question is who the Republicans are talking about taxing - if their dent-headed point man Cain is any indication, their tax plan is an 80% tax cut at the top and a 30% tax increase at the bottom.
edit on 13/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

It is all about slamming the middle and upper middle class into submission to bring her to par with other developed nations. The World Capitalist Disorder cannot succeed unless there is severe depopulation, total obedience and equilibrium among nations.

Yes to collect taxes there need to be adequate well paying jobs and a respect for the blue collar workforce. What we see 24/7 is unions getting slammed as being communist and jobs leaving for asia since 15 years ago with reagen at the helm.

What we actually need is corporate deglobablisation and to achieve this they NEED to severly raise tariffs on asian imports. It may lead to china and india retaliating but we do not need them as much as they need us. Remember america is STILL FIRST by a long way in technology and infrastructure. The chineese just got their first aircraft carrier a few months ago and we have 30 already. That is why I keep insisting less money should be spent on defense, bring our goddamm troops back and stop the terrorism hoax already. We cannot afford to spend trillions in anti-terrorism when we can't even feed the elderly and disabled like other nations do. We don't need such a vast military-industrial complex. A cut of 50% would be appropriate in this regard.

Then go after welfare fraud at the state level and make sure the people receiving it are not illegals and truely need that assistance.

At this point with much higher tarriffs, a big cut to the mlitary and welfare organisation we don't need higher taxes. However something needs to be done with offshore annonymous banking. It should be outlawed and those suspected of hiding huge sums should be investigated and at least 60% of their holdings confiscated to the treasury for general use. If you are going to cheat YOU SHOULD PAY THE PENALTY!

Anything else is beating around the bush and we will wind up another credit downgrade, a higher interest rate and evenual collapse. The IMF cannot afford to bail out america and neither do americans want strict austerity measures.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sweetliberty

They should all resign. I am totally in favour of a complete sweep. Even those that said they were Tea Party, (for me, it was the Patriot Act) who voted status quo.

I know we can't honestly do something like that overnight, but starting in 2012, it's going to be, "incumbents out, new folks in" each and every darned election cycle.

Boehner? Toss the bum! Reid? Pelosi? History!

Compromising with the establishment on things such as the Patriot Act or the careless spending is proof of the disconnect between the people who elected them and the inner circle in Washington.
I too am ready to clean that house as many times as needed.

Plastic Pelosi's current position is a great example of tptb who appoint positions with deaf ears on the voters.
America sent a clear message to her and those who she represents. The message was ignored as is typical of dictators. Pelosi's current position speaks volumes to both parties and their voters.

The fierce defender of the Cowboys Poet's Society, Harry Reid, is a great example of the ass-kissers in power who will spend your money recklessly and stubbornly and tell you to go to to hell if you disagree.

If the people who agree with the premise of the Tea Party's goal's and if they guard it, the message of the people will truly make a bold difference.
In a way, the op represents the how history was made in 2010 and the mindset of the people.
The tide turns.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join