It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You On This Veterans Day and Every Day.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

The scarifice was for the banksters not the people. What a waste. Let's not keep doing this.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Lest We Forget

edit on 11-11-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thank you, and Happy Veterans Day to all who serve or have served.

When I served, I served my country, my fellow citizen.
I did not serve for a president.
I did not serve for a congress.

I served for a piece of paper, an idea and a conviction that we should all be given the right to be free, to self govern and to pursue our passions.
I served to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in order for me and my family to aspire to all that we envisioned we could be.
I served so that the idea of freedom and justice would remain in this world.
I continue to serve in my civilian life, promoting the aspirations and dreams of those who came before me and dared to dream the impossible. To construct a nation that cherishes the basic rights of humans. I will forever defend that dream.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

very well said.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Happy Veterans day... without those american brave souls defending the soil of U.S.A. there wouldnt be this glorious country...

... wait, what you mean USA never defended its soil but simply invaded other countries to play its economic game?

sheeps....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

OP, as a veteran I would like to thank you for your words and well wishes.

I would also like to thank all who are and who have served.

May those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for their country know that we honor and respect them and that we are still fighting for our country.

Peace to all.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

The French seem to have a short memory..

Sal Troops Fundraiser An elderly British gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the French customs desk he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on bag. 'You have been to France before, Monsieur?' the customs officer asked sarcastically. The elderly gentleman admitted he had been to France previously. 'Then you should know enough to 'ave your passport ready,' the customs officer said. The elderly gentleman replied, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it.'
'Impossible! The British always have to show their passports on arrival in France !' The Man gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained; 'Well, when I came ashore on the Beach on D-Day in 1944, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to...!! Wear your Poppy with Pride!!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thank you for the kinds words/ post. Hell, I signed up an account here on ATS just to say (type) that. Not that I haven't been lurking for some time!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thanks Vets and,
Amen from Canada.
We are attending a local ceremony and thinking of those who are not with us because of their sacrifice for our freedom
y

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Didnt take long for a tool to come out from behind the walls like the cockroach he is

I'm an Army vet myself, and I enlisted because it was the honorable thing to do, serve one's country. I never saw combat, but would have gladly answered the call if was ordered to
RIP grandpa (US Navy WWII)
RIP Uncle Ray (US Army Korean War and a former POW)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A thank you and best wishes for those who have put their fears aside for anothers advancement. For the soldiers with hearts and spirits who will care for anothers life first over theirs thank you.

Its acknowledged that the life of a soldier can be ruff when fighting for a cause to support positive outcomes for some who may be trapped under ignorant leadership/dictatorship. And that sometimes soldiers are minipulated to carry out deeds in which they may not fully be aware of the reasons why.

Wars are fought from here to beyond so its understood the mindstate/consciousness of those who wish to protect others and will put it on the line to do so.

I *pray for ALL who have been effected by wars of Earth (the innocent killed and those misguided to kill for agenda they may not of fully understood) and hope that one day PEACE WILL SHINE on ALL and that eventually ALL can move on to a higher state of consciousness and existence w/ out the need of wars.

Take care SOLDIERZ and enjoy your day. REMEMBER EVEN HEAVEN HAS AN ARMY* to repel HELLS ARMY, so its understood the risk-stresses-HOPES-AGENDA ect. involved when protecting and guarding.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 11/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I will always be PROUD to be an American, and PROUD of the soldiers that protect American interests.

My Grandfather proudly served in German in WW2, and I wish I had talked to him more about it before he died.

Thank you to ALL of the veterans, and to ALL of the servicemen and women currently serving. Most Americans know that the world is a better place because of all of you. In my opinion, anyone who doesn't realize that is blind to the truth.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Much agreed!

Thank you to all the vets out there for all your serivce duties to keep our dearest freedoms alive. Such as the freedom of speech to be able to say this publically!

Once again, THANK YOU!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A day for reflection.....for me, this day is all about those who served and didn't come home....for me ,two tours in RVN and made it home in one piece.....for me, if you want to honor the Vets, get behind Ron Paul and bring all our Servicemen and Servicewomen home!!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Thank you to all of the Veterans!!!!!
I am very proud to be a military mom.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just a shout to the European vets too!
We call it Remembrance Day/Armistice Day and on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month (It is the date in 1918 WWI officially ended). We take a moment and remember those who have fallen, no matter why.

I personally never agree or could go to with war but can’t help admire and respect the ones that allow me that choice.

Peace,

Lest we forget.

(Just to add I live opposite these cannons and it was very poignant when the salute went off today - almost all of Malta stopped where I was Gun Salute Malta)
edit on 11/11/2011 by LestatG because: Gun salute vid

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

link   
A personal thanks for those who have served, and still are today. Your sacrifice hasn't gone unnoticed.

As an American, my freedom is the reward for your bravery, as so many seem to have forgotten... I haven't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video from this morning, 11-11-2011, at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

A Closer Look

TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER (Interesting Facts)

Interesting facts about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Sentinels of the Third United States Infantry Regiment "Old Guard"
Q: How many steps does the guard take during his walk across the tomb of the Unknowns and why?
A: 21 steps. It alludes to the twenty-one gun salute, which is the highest honor given any military or foreign dignitary.

Q: How long does he hesitate after his about face to begin his return walk and why?
A: 21 seconds, for the same reason as answer number 1.

Q: Why are his gloves wet?
A: His gloves are moistened to prevent his losing his grip on the rifle.

Q: Does he carry his rifle on the same shoulder all the time, and if not, why not?
A: No, he carries the rifle on the shoulder away from the tomb. After his march across the path, he executes an about face and moves the rifle to the outside shoulder.

Q: How often are the guards changed?
A: Guards are changed every thirty minutes, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year.

Q: What are the physical traits of the guard limited to?
A: For a person to apply for guard duty at the tomb, he must be between 5' 10" and 6' 2" tall and his waist size cannot exceed 30".

Other requirements of the Guard: They must commit 2 years of life to guard the tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. They cannot swear in public FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES and cannot disgrace the uniform [fighting] or the tomb in any way.

After TWO YEARS, the guard is given a wreath pin that is worn on their lapel signifying they served as guard of the tomb. There are only 400 presently worn. The guard must obey these rules for the rest of their lives or give up the wreath pin.

The shoes are specially made with very thick soles to keep the heat and cold from their feet. There are metal heel plates that extend to the top of the shoe in order to make the loud click as they come to a halt. There are no wrinkles, folds or lint on the uniform. Guards dress for duty in front of a full-length mirror.

The first SIX MONTHS of duty a guard cannot talk to anyone, nor watch TV. All off duty time is spent studying the 175 notable people laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery. A guard must memorize who they are and where they are interred. Among the notables are: President Taft, Joe E. Lewis [the boxer] and Medal of Honor winner Audie Murphy, [the most decorated soldier of WWII] of Hollywood fame.

Every guard spends FIVE HOURS A DAY getting his uniforms ready for guard duty.

The Sentinels Creed: My dedication to this sacred duty is total and wholehearted. In the responsibility bestowed on me never will I falter. And with dignity and perseverance my standard will remain perfection. Through the years of diligence and praise and the discomfort of the elements, I will walk my tour in humble reverence to the best of my ability. It is he who commands the respect I protect. His bravery that made us so proud. Surrounded by well meaning crowds by day alone in the thoughtful peace of night, this soldier will in honored glory rest under my eternal vigilance.

link   

Thank you.

★ ♥.★ Stay safe, TG. Rest in peace, CR. Love you ★ ♥.★

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
May our gratitude ease your pain.
Thank-you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join