It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any bible Researchers out there?? need some help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I have been doing a bit of research in the later books of the Bible, mainly Daniel and Revelation and was hoping to find out if anyone has done the same or can also give me a few pointers as well. I won't dribble on too much and just get to the point of what I have been doing. Any help or clues are much appreciated. If I am wrong also, please correct me.

The Seventy 'Sevens' in Daniel.

Daniel 9:24 - The seventy sevens are decreed for your people and holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy.

Daniel 9:25 - Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree or word to restore and rebuild jerusalem until the anointed one(or an anointed one), the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens' and sixty-two 'sevens'.

Daniel 9:27 - He will decree a covenant with many for one 'seven'. In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing (of the temple) he will set up the abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

I take it that the 70 7's are a basic timeline leading to the antichrist, but also I am having trouble understanding what this means. From what is given, I take it that the 62 7's refer to a time before Christ, but once again I am not sure.

There is one 7 where the antichrist will make covenants with many countries or people before the final 7 years, in which mid way through the final 7, his reign will pretty much come into place for the 3 1/2 years.

So this is the way I see these 7's playing out or which have already been played out possibly.
- The sixty-two sevens may refer to time before christ or even time after christ.
- There is one seven where the antichrist will make promises around the world to the people or countries etc.
- The final sevens are the End times
1-3, the 4th is the beginning of the 3 1/2 reign of the antichrist and there after is pretty much doom and gloom.

All I really want to know is if this is the way others have interpreted this information as well and if I am wrong then can someone please tell me where I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is a good start for you:
www.biblebelievers.com...

edit:

I do not necessarily buy that the final week has yet to be fulfilled. Honestly, all of this is still sealed up. It would not make much sense if someone could actually know exactly what would happen. I believe that we are to read the information to prepare us for when those things begin to unfold. Then and only then WHEN THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING will we be able to make sense of the prophecies, as they will not make any sense until then.
edit on 10-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
... Nope... "I" never Hurd of a 'Bible' before... can U eXplain what it is

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicWaterGate

I had to suspend disbelief just to answer the question too.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

The timeline of the sevens is not linear.

A study of the "sevens" in Revelation will reveal that there are always six of the sevens, then some sort of hiatus, or gap, then the seventh seven.

I believe that this is God extending his "schedule" at almost the last moment, to allow a few more to "come in" and be saved. It is a reflection of His grace and mercy.

It also means that you can't just add up the numbers and then look important by saying "it will happen" on a particular time and date, as some have tried to do.

I believe also that the seventy weeks in Daniel relate to the Jews. I.e: Sixty-nine "weeks" have passed and we are now in the hiatus period (the time of the gentiles). The annointed one (Jesus) came during the 69th "seven' (seven sevens plus sixty two sevens). The accounting of sevens is then suspended for this hiatus period that is the time of the gentiles.

When the gentile church is raptured away, the Holy Spirit leaves the Earth with them. This indicates the start of the seventieth week. Note that only true followers will be raptured, not necessarily all those who profess faith. There may be very few actually raptured (the last time anyone was raptured, there was only one - Enoch).

This will be the end of the time of the gentiles and without anything to hold Satan back, the anti-Christ (government) will rise.

The seventieth week of Daniel is also called "the time of Jacobs trouble" because now the Jews become the remnant that are faithful to God and come back to the forefront of history.

At the close of the seventieth week, Satan is bound and cast into hell & Christ will reign on Earth for a Millenium.

edit on 10/11/2011 by chr0naut because: I luv to edit!

edit on 10/11/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

First of all, your book never uses the singular form of "antichrists". It has always referred to a group of people, or several individuals.
Secondly, you are going down a slippery slope with trying to predict the future using numerology. Do you really want to end up like Harold Camping, Charles Taze Rutherford, or the many other false prophets that your book says will be thrown into the lake of fire, along with all who followed them?
Lastly, if you actually want to find anything of worth in that book that has caused so much suffering in the world, I'd suggest getting a "red letter" bible. Pretty much the only things of worth in there are attributed to Jesus saying directly, not books that were written by men with second-hand (and third hand, and fourth hand, ad infinitum) information that was obviously tainted by their own agendas.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Who is the guitar player in your avatar (the human one)?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hi everyone, I have been doing a bit of research in the later books of the Bible, mainly Daniel and Revelation and was hoping to find out if anyone has done the same or can also give me a few pointers as well.
Your problem is you left out the one verse which explains the others, which is verse 26.

. . . the Anointed One will be cut off . . .

This tells you Daniel prophesied the important thing in history, which is the crucifixion of Jesus.
So the other verses were done by the time of the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
This is a good start for you:
www.biblebelievers.com...

edit:

I do not necessarily buy that the final week has yet to be fulfilled. Honestly, all of this is still sealed up. It would not make much sense if someone could actually know exactly what would happen. I believe that we are to read the information to prepare us for when those things begin to unfold. Then and only then WHEN THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING will we be able to make sense of the prophecies, as they will not make any sense until then.
edit on 10-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

It has already begun. Comparing current world events to Revelation we are currently in the time of the 4th seal. This deal between Iran and Israel certainly seems like the battle of Gog and Magog brewing which means the 5th seal and the Rapture are not very far around the bend and the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.

The signs Jesus gave to Peter are beginning when his time was near, signs in the heavens (space) and signs in the earth. Earthquakes, wildfires, floods, wars and rumors of wars.

The prophecies of Zecharia and Ezekiel are playing out right now. It has been 63 years since Israel has become a nation again and Zecharia said it will be less than a generation when the Lord would return. The atypical generation in the Old Testament is 70 years. So by that figuring alone the time is nearly here for there are 7 years left of that 70 year generation of the last generation that began in 1948.

Take the last days prophecies of Zecharia, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos and Revelation and compare them to current world events and it is playing outright now in our time.

We are not running out of time, we are already out of time. It is 11:59, better wrap up spreading Christ's message to any left as fast as you can because the Lord's wrath is about to be dumped on this godless world and not even the governments of the world's deep under ground bunkers will save them from his wrath.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You must dig into secular history for the answer to this one. Daniel says explicitly that there are 69 weeks from the "issuing" or as we would say it today, the publication, of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, to the time of Christ. That is to say, in prophetic time, 490 years. Find the Persian/Mede king who did this, and you have the starting point of the prophecy. Roy Allan Anderson's excellent book on Revelation [IIRC] says who this king is.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have been doing research for over 20 years and because I am a visual person, I never understood those sevens. Time is also an anathema too.
BUT because there is a star code in Revelation I KNOW we are at the Sixth seal and waiting for the Seventh.

Revelation is also over 10 years, the last 7 years are when the Antichrist will be revealed and when 'he who restrains' will be taken-the Holy Spirit stays!!!!!!! It is the Man child/Bride of Christ/Barley harvest who are taken, because their prayers are stopping the worst of the Illuminati and their Master doing their evil intentions. I KNOW this from personal experience.

The wheat harvest are not being 'left behind' as many have said. They will remain, for them to learn that they truly love Jesus and to witness and to use their new found powers to help people around them, and to allow God to work through them.

The Seals are actually snares to those who are willing to kill people to became powerful and rich, then in the 7 bowls they will have visited on them what they did to others but at God's strength and wrath.

So many Christians have been duped into thinking that Revelation is about a God who enjoys whipping our butts, far from it- if you realised what is really going on you would know that God loves us and needs to do this to cleanse the Earth from those who are corrupting it; whether human or otherwise.

Sorry about the preach but don't go down the route of God's Wrath that includes those who love Jesus. We do not know who will be going with Him, and we need to not judge but to just love, and pray- pray all the time ie keep your line of communication open to Him all the time, as people are being killed, even now. I KNOW this from personal experience.

Peace and love

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I take it that the 70 7's are a basic timeline leading to the antichrist, but also I am having trouble understanding what this means.

I realize this may seem a bit simple but who knows? Maybe the Holy Spirit wanted this to come out so i am going to drop this on you because for some strange reason it was on my heart. I may have accidentally stumble d onto your answer without even knowing it.

The atypical generation in the Old Testament is 70 years. So by that figuring alone the time is nearly here for there are 7 years left of that 70 year generation of the last generation that began in 1948.

It may be nothing in the end but it might jumpstart an idea or line of thought you may be on the cusp of.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

First of all, your book never uses the singular form of "antichrists". It has always referred to a group of people, or several individuals.

Ok thanks for the information, I am trying to go pretty much from what is written and no other influence if you know what I mean, or interpret it the way I see it. It is not about how many of them there are or which countries they descend from etc. It states that they will occur with 62 sevens(from which the anointed one will be cut off), then a seven(this entity will make a covenant with many), followed by 7 sevens from which in the middle of the 7 sevens which would be the fourth, the 3 1/2 reign of this entity will begin or this entity will turn on the world etc.

Secondly, you are going down a slippery slope with trying to predict the future using numerology. Do you really want to end up like Harold Camping, Charles Taze Rutherford, or the many other false prophets that your book says will be thrown into the lake of fire, along with all who followed them?

I'm not trying to predict the future. The book of daniel simply gives you some information from where a basic timeline(if that is what its called) can be drawn up. I do not know how long it is, when it began, or when it will finish. But it points to the time when this event will happen without any dates attached. I am not making predictions and I never will.

Lastly, if you actually want to find anything of worth in that book that has caused so much suffering in the world, I'd suggest getting a "red letter" bible. Pretty much the only things of worth in there are attributed to Jesus saying directly, not books that were written by men with second-hand (and third hand, and fourth hand, ad infinitum) information that was obviously tainted by their own agendas.

I agree with you, but I am not a bible thumper and do not live by it either. Everything I have done in my life would most likely be against the bible
, but my curiousity has got the better of me over the last couple of years and all Im trying to understand is what all this could mean if in fact it must occur. When you mention agendas, do you feel that maybe the leaders of today also have an agenda with the bible and are trying to fulfill these events as well?
edit on 10-11-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
You must dig into secular history for the answer to this one. Daniel says explicitly that there are 69 weeks from the "issuing" or as we would say it today, the publication, of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, to the time of Christ. That is to say, in prophetic time, 490 years. Find the Persian/Mede king who did this, and you have the starting point of the prophecy. Roy Allan Anderson's excellent book on Revelation [IIRC] says who this king is.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Darius the Mede or Darius the Great was the last king of Persia, defeated by Alexander the Great. That the king youre referring too?

What does Darius have to do with rebuilding Jerusalem?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

I agree with you, but I am not a bible thumper and do not live by it either. Everything I have done in my life would most likely be against the bible
, but my curiousity has got the better of me over the last couple of years and all Im trying to understand is what all this could mean if in fact it must occur. When you mention agendas, do you feel that maybe the leaders of today also have an agenda with the bible and are trying to fulfill these events as well?

Awesome, I can't disagree with anybody seeking knowledge, even if it is in an area that I devoted a lot of my life to, and never came up with any answers that weren't horribly disheartening.
As far as the leaders of today using the bible for their own agendas goes, I see no difference between Rome establishing the Catholic (meaning all-encompassing, or "unifying") church and "God Bless America" being spouted by the godless bastards that control the United States. The Council of Byzantine decided what would be in the "Bible" and what would be removed and considered "heretical". This was the first manipulation of the population with scripture. Nowadays, we see so much manipulation of the populace using ancient texts. The last Bush administrations utilization of Christian dogma to promote genocide was an excellent example. Beyond that, I'm sure there are many "Christians" out there who are all for going to war in the Middle East, as the Book of Revelations speaks so much about Armageddon, or Har-Megiddo; the battle of Megiddo. Megiddo being an ancient name for a valley in the Middle East. What better tool is there than something that is longed for by so many Christians to come to pass, to create support for a war that over 70% of us are against right now?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Maybe I'll look it up tomorrow, when I'm home. I do remember that it is not the king you would expect.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Ok thanks for the information, I am trying to go pretty much from what is written and no other influence if you know what I mean, or interpret it the way I see it. It is not about how many of them there are or which countries they descend from etc. It states that they will occur with 62 sevens(from which the anointed one will be cut off), then a seven(this entity will make a covenant with many), followed by 7 sevens from which in the middle of the 7 sevens which would be the fourth, the 3 1/2 reign of this entity will begin or this entity will turn on the world etc.

I'm not trying to predict the future. The book of daniel simply gives you some information from where a basic timeline(if that is what its called) can be drawn up. I do not know how long it is, when it began, or when it will finish. But it points to the time when this event will happen without any dates attached. I am not making predictions and I never will.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

Don't confuse the anti-christ with the Son of Perdition. The Son of Perdition is THE Anti-Christ in the singular. he is the head honcho of the anti-christs.

Jesus said "he who opposses me is anti-christ" and he also sai the "anti-christ" was at work in his time, the anti-christ are unbelievers, specifically those who go against him like people who say he is just a myth and legend and doesn't exist, or they deny the truth of his divinity in being God in person, our messiah.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It is interesting you bring that up and thanks. I already thought about this as well, but turned away from it and sort of haven't had another look at it. I might have to have a look at it again.

Thinking about the last 8 years on the timeline, it would suggest that who/what ever the entities are must be in power for 8 years, which would equal two terms of a US president or any others who have a similar system. Now I'm not saying that it is a US president, but whoever it is must be in power for 4 1/2 years already according to the 7's. So it is something who has served a term and has only just begun their 2nd term.

I know that this is most likely wrong but that is what I am getting from the information...

Lets say it did begin in 1948. It would take it too 2018. In 2011 this entity had to confirm a covenant with multitudes of people, I do not think it happened. Half way through 2014 he will take power of the world until 2018. I do not see how this could be the answer though. But thanks again.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It is interesting you bring that up and thanks. I already thought about this as well, but turned away from it and sort of haven't had another look at it. I might have to have a look at it again.

Thinking about the last 8 years on the timeline, it would suggest that who/what ever the entities are must be in power for 8 years, which would equal two terms of a US president or any others who have a similar system. Now I'm not saying that it is a US president, but whoever it is must be in power for 4 1/2 years already according to the 7's. So it is something who has served a term and has only just begun their 2nd term.

I know that this is most likely wrong but that is what I am getting from the information...

Lets say it did begin in 1948. It would take it too 2018. In 2011 this entity had to confirm a covenant with multitudes of people, I do not think it happened. Half way through 2014 he will take power of the world until 2018. I do not see how this could be the answer though. But thanks again.

Keep in mind that Satan mocks everything aboout God, including the Trinity. This will be all 3 wrapped into 1 being, the false prophet, the anti-christ and the son of perdition=Satan in person, the mockery of Immanu'el. He is going to mock Christ right down to his own "crucifixtion" and resurrection, meaning he will be fatally wounded but mirculously will survive or rise from the dead.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

gotcha, this is where I get a bit confused though. Trying to take all the information as a whole
. I tend to just research each section and then go back and understand what I have made from it. I took the numbers because they are like an outline and I can work from them.

Now the other thing about the 3 1/2 year reign is the 1,260 days. Is it a fact or even possible that the people who were prophecying were working off only a 360 day calendar or the years were only 360 days in there time? I was wondering if the Jesus saga was actually something bigger and we are not being told the truth and maybe what ever it was, actually slowed our planet down as well in the meantime. These are just some of the things I have been questioning myself about and thats why I'm finding it difficult to understand.

If it is worked out off a 365 day calendar, the days are actually 1,277.

Another question: If 1 day is like 1000 years to the Lord, is it possible that the world was not created in 7 days, but 7000 years?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join