It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any bible Researchers out there?? need some help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

. . . the 5th seal and the Rapture are not very far around the bend and the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.
this is all fantasy eschatology based on one self-fulfilling prophecy, which is the modern Zionist state occupying palestine. God did not create it, people did, and not good people, either.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

gotcha, this is where I get a bit confused though. Trying to take all the information as a whole
. I tend to just research each section and then go back and understand what I have made from it. I took the numbers because they are like an outline and I can work from them.

Now the other thing about the 3 1/2 year reign is the 1,260 days. Is it a fact or even possible that the people who were prophecying were working off only a 360 day calendar or the years were only 360 days in there time? I was wondering if the Jesus saga was actually something bigger and we are not being told the truth and maybe what ever it was, actually slowed our planet down as well in the meantime. These are just some of the things I have been questioning myself about and thats why I'm finding it difficult to understand.

If it is worked out off a 365 day calendar, the days are actually 1,277.

Another question: If 1 day is like 1000 years to the Lord, is it possible that the world was not created in 7 days, but 7000 years?

Here is what I posted on another thread concerning the 360-day year in Genesis:

A lot of writers on pre-history, or even ancient history have brought up the idea that the year was, at one time, 360 days in length. Supposedly, the 360-degree circle was established in such a time. The other day, I was looking in my Ferrar Fenton The Holy Bible In Modern English, and I came across a note I had made in the account of the Flood story.

First, look at Genesis 7:11, which states that the Flood began on month 2, day 17. Then in verse 23, we see that "...the waters overwhelmed the earth one hundred and fifty days." After that, the waters began to dry, and in Genesis 8:4, we see that the ark rested on month 7, day 17. So, from 02/17 to 07/17, is of course, five months, and being 150 days, it implies 30-day months. 30 X 12 = 360. Simple. The KJV says the same.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The human guitar player is Jimmy Page-Led Zepplin.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Another question: If 1 day is like 1000 years to the Lord, is it possible that the world was not created in 7 days, but 7000 years?

Easy to answer.

Each "day" in Genesis is a 24 hour period. That's what it says & what Jesus testified to.

Plants were created before the Sun. I don't think that the plants hung around for ages waiting for the Sun to evolve & ignite.

I take the account literally.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Well, according to Daniel and other prophesies in the bible there was supposed to be after a long period of "tribulation" there was supposed to be a long period of grace where the people of the world would live in God's total protection and love. The thousand year reign of the saints in Revelation. The day of Jezreel in Hosea. And so on. That period of time is what the seventy sevens of Daniel eventually lead up to.

Now it appears that the 69th week ended in the first century AD. Per the prophecy of Daniel 9 it says the city and sanctuary would be destroyed and that it would seem leaves the 70th week in limbo. But after looking into the matter I realized it's not a limbo. Rather something else happened and that has to play out before the 70th week can occur. Essentially what happened was this.

Malachi 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Now this is the problem according to Jesus Christ.

Matthew 17
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

The death of John the Baptist was a terrible thing. Why? Because after looking at the prophesies I realized this. The job of Messiah was supposed to have been at least a 2 man job. Possibly even a 3 man job. Put simply it appears that the job of redeeming Israel in the first century AD was botched. Triggering the curse of Malachi.

So here's how to work out the details of the curse. It's actually scattered through out the old testament but here is how to put the pieces together.

To start with you need to read up on the covenant God made with the Israelites. Read up on Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 through 30. Simply put it's a binding agreement made between the Israelites and God. The benefits of being in this relationship. And the punishments when you don't meet you obligations under this agreement.

Then the problem is finding the description of the curse of Malachi. And I found it in the book of Hosea.

The book of Hosea quite simply is one large prediction that the nations of Israel and Judah were to eventually face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But in this book I found this detail. The length of the curse. The verses in question.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Which makes no sense until you reference this verse.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

With the death of John the Baptist it triggered a two thousand year top level Leviticus 26 curse. And that fills the space between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel 9.

Hopefully this filled in some of the gaps for you here.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There's also the possibility that these are symbolic numbers.
There are times in Revelation when "seven" is not so much a number as an adjective meaning "this belongs to God".

As a test-case on whether God fulfils prophecy in exact time intervals, there is Jeremiah's warning and promise to Jerusalem. He told them that these nations would serve Babylon for seventy years (Jeremiah ch25 v11), and that Jerusalem would be restored once the seventy years of Babylon had been completed. So we should have expected there to be seventy years between the fall of Jerusalem and the fall of Babylon. In fact the dates were 587 B.C. and 539 B.C. So either the prophecy was wrong, or God did not intend it to be understood as an exact time interval.

My own approach to the "seven years" of Revelation, and the way it divides into two halves (a period of comparative peace, the "silence in heaven", and a period of open war between God and Beast) can be found in;
A time, times, and half a time

edit on 11-11-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
You must dig into secular history for the answer to this one. Daniel says explicitly that there are 69 weeks from the "issuing" or as we would say it today, the publication, of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, to the time of Christ. That is to say, in prophetic time, 490 years. Find the Persian/Mede king who did this, and you have the starting point of the prophecy. Roy Allan Anderson's excellent book on Revelation [IIRC] says who this king is.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Darius the Mede or Darius the Great was the last king of Persia, defeated by Alexander the Great. That the king youre referring too?

What does Darius have to do with rebuilding Jerusalem?

OK, it's tomorrow, I'm rested, and I have my hands on the right book, Roy Allan Anderson's Unfolding Daniel's Prophecies. Here's the skinny - the first proclamation to restore and rebuild Jerusalem was made by Cyrus in 536 BC. A second proclamation was made by Darius Hystaspes in 519 BC, and a third by Artaxerxes Longimanus in 457 BC, So, if we add 69 weeks, or 483 years to:

536 >>> 483 = 53 BC [too early]

519 >>> 483 = 36 BC [still too early]

457 >>> 483 = 27 AD [bingo! I have added in the AD "zero" year here]

Comments?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . the 5th seal and the Rapture are not very far around the bend and the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.
this is all fantasy eschatology based on one self-fulfilling prophecy, which is the modern Zionist state occupying palestine. God did not create it, people did, and not good people, either.

Not just one prophecy, all of them. Doesn't matter is prophecy is self fulfilled or forced. It happens because it was meant to happen or it wouldn't happen. You can't see God's hand in any of this. I see his hand everywhere i go, in every tree i see, every rock i step on and every flower that buds. Oh yes, you can believe his hand is in this alright, you better believe it and not because i say so. I used to not see him, but now i do, i see every miracle he does, i see every blessing he gives.

This is the gift of the baptism of fire, and once you recieve it you are no longer blind to him.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Easy to answer.

Each "day" in Genesis is a 24 hour period. That's what it says & what Jesus testified to.

Plants were created before the Sun. I don't think that the plants hung around for ages waiting for the Sun to evolve & ignite.

I take the account literally.

That is one way to look at it. I'd be more inclined to believe Jesus. It can also be said that when 1 day is like 1000 years, it could also be a metaphor to describe how God views our timeline being outside time. People back then had no knowledge of vast amounts of numbers like millions or billions of years. Those numerical concepts would have gone over their heads so in order for them to have any grasp on what a day is liike for him he most likely would have given that as an analogy to give them some sort of clue as to how he views our timeline.

The problem with viewing ancient times with our knowledge and technologies of today is we often think we know better than the ancients did and with that arrogance comes the sin of vanity, to think we know better than God himself. If anyone would know it would be Jesus as the physical incarnation of God on this world.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Not just one prophecy, all of them.
Seriously dude, you need to snap out of the hypnoses you are under and repent of you evil before you get blown up in your own nuclear war and it is too late.
There is no fulfilled prophecy of a coming apocalypse because there isn't any.
How long do you want to keep being the chump of the Zionists?
This is all a trick and it has been going on since Masada. And it is going to keep going on until everyone is dead, get it? Remember the story? They all committed suicide? Right?
The difference is now they can kill everyone in the whole world and you are helping them every time you post some comment promoting this ridiculous claim of fulfilled prophecy.
All you are doing is heaping condemnation onto yourself for the consequences of your actions which is to empower evil people who just want to kill people to further their goals.
Pray to God to be cleaned of this evil spirit that is inside you and ask for the indwelling of Christ so you can have love for your fellow man and stop wishing suffering death and destruction on others, which is the work of Satan.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Not just one prophecy, all of them.
Seriously dude, you need to snap out of the hypnoses you are under and repent of you evil before you get blown up in your own nuclear war and it is too late.
There is no fulfilled prophecy of a coming apocalypse because there isn't any.
How long do you want to keep being the chump of the Zionists?
This is all a trick and it has been going on since Masada. And it is going to keep going on until everyone is dead, get it? Remember the story? They all committed suicide? Right?
The difference is now they can kill everyone in the whole world and you are helping them every time you post some comment promoting this ridiculous claim of fulfilled prophecy.
All you are doing is heaping condemnation onto yourself for the consequences of your actions which is to empower evil people who just want to kill people to further their goals.
Pray to God to be cleaned of this evil spirit that is inside you and ask for the indwelling of Christ so you can have love for your fellow man and stop wishing suffering death and destruction on others, which is the work of Satan.

Stop judging me. I don't need to snap out of anything. You accuse me of wanting this when i do not. Not one time have i ever said i wanted anyone to die in this crap. What will happen, will happen because it is God's will if it was not his will it wouldn't happen. I will only reap the rewards of my actions, not the actions of the worlds governments and madmen, i am held accountable only by what I do not someone else. I don't empower evil men to do squat, i choose not to vote because i am not so disillusioned as to believe that i have any power. I don't care about power, and i don't want it. There is no evil spirit inside me that needs to be cleaned out and i do not wish death and destruction on anyone but i am not a fool who believes that satan is not walking this earth and wanting this, he has been hounding for our destruction since day one. You tell me that i do not have the Holy Spirit within me and there you are wrong, i have accepted Christ a long time ago and you need to stop judging people because all youre doing is bringing condemnation onto yourself! You do not even know what spirit you are of, you who stand there an accuser of me the same manner as those pharisees who stood above the harlot Christ forgave as her accusers.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

. . . but i am not a fool who believes that satan is not walking this earth and wanting this, he has been hounding for our destruction since day one.
You don't recognize that Jesus defeated Satan.
What was that all about on the cross, play-acting?
Satan is not Muslims or Muslim countries coming to destroy God's Kingdom on Earth.
When you say Gog and Magog, you are identifying specific countries and saying they are God's enemies and you smile at the thought of drones firing hell-fire missiles and blowing up "terrorists".
You don't think that is evidence of an evil spirit?
You may have given a intellectual accent to the reality of Jesus, but you do not exhibit his spirit.
You empower Satan by lending credence to the work of Satan to draw the armies to Armageddon.
You help create this false reality that God has ordained it to happen but do nothing to prevent it but seem to only encourage it. This is your guilt, every soul who dies in these needless wars of aggression against Muslims is on your head. You should repent instead of becoming haughty and defensive in your sin.
edit on 12-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

It is interesting simply because when you work off either calendar you end up with the same amount of days anyway, so in reality you can't really work out how many days were in a year... unless I have mis-calculated somewhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Lazarus Short

It is interesting simply because when you work off either calendar you end up with the same amount of days anyway, so in reality you can't really work out how many days were in a year... unless I have mis-calculated somewhere.

Please explain - what you say does not compute.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

This is the fastest way I can answer your question

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8685b9cdfd36.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Nice to see at least someone still believes in the old Messiah, you know the Christian one.
Apparently everyone else is looking for a new one, not liking much the one named Jesus.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hi there. This is what I have for you... Since Gabriel does not mention days, these are not weeks of 7 days each,which would amount to 490 days. the weeks are weeks of years, ie 7 years to a week. Those 70 weeks would be divided into 3 parts..7 weeks, 62 weeks & 1 week. that's 49 years, 434 years & 7 years, totaling 490 years. Starting from the going forth of the word to restore Jerusalem in 537 (before the Jews were to go home) This might be easier.....
455bc to 406, the decree to restore the Jews to their homeland. 49 years
406 (-1 +1,year Christ was born, there was no 0 year) to 29CE (434 years)Messiah appears & baptized Preaches for 3 1/2 years, (half a week), & is cut off (killed)halfway through the week. End of the last week 36CE, 3 1/2 years after Jesus died.
There is an excellent book on revelation you can read on line. I have read many books on these subjects, & it is the best I have found on revelation. I have books on Daniel & Isiah too, & I think they are available on line. They analyze & reason brilliantly, but you still come to your own conclusion. Message me if you would like details of this. They are free to download to mp3 too. Hope that helps anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The three and a half years, the 42 months, [180 weeks], the 1,260 days are all the exactly the same length of time and all show that Daniel was working on a 360 day calendar and if you go to www.360calendar.com... you can see how this calendar works.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

I understand that they are all the same which is the reason why I am trying to work out how they link up if they even do. If the same thing happens in revelation but does not correlate with what is written in daniel fair enough. But it seems that what daniel is talking about refers to the end times and I guess that the death of Jesus was the end times in their day.

But Jesus also speaks of what is to come and the result seems the same in revelation as to what daniel is speaking about. So I have tried to use the 70 7's in revelation as well to get a better idea of what either of them are speaking about.

Yes it is possible that what daniel speaks about is refering to around or before the time of christ. But if Christ describes the end days and daniel has the same information, what if none of it refers to the time of christ and actually has not played out yet?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Good question, Redevilfan09. In Matthew 24 the disciples ask the Son what is going to happen at the end of the age so if you link this to Daniel and Revelation, you'll get a better idea of the timings.
Along with the appearance of the Antichrist, there will also be the apostasy, where people realise how they're being deceived and these are the new twigs of the Fig Tree which represents Biblical Israel - Note: this is not the nation of Israel formed in 1948 -, which will then want to rebuild the Temple at Jerusalem, which is the 70 weeks of Daniel. I figure it will take 7 weeks of planning and 62 weeks of actual building, which will be even in troubled times.
Half way through the last week 70th week of Daniel, the Antichrist will break a treaty with the Jews, which I believe will be one that exempts the Jews from having to worship him, and he will then occupy the newly rebuilt Temple as the 'Abomination of Desolation' spoken of by Daniel, when the Jews in Judah are told expressly to flee for their lives.
This heralds the start of the 1,260 day Tribulation, the 1,260 days where the Two Witnesses are prophesying outside the Temple against the Antichrist, and the 42 months where the Gentiles or pagan followers of the Antichrist will occupy and trample the courtyard.
At the end of the 1,260 days, the Two Witnesses will finally be overcome and killed by the Antichrist and their bodies will lie in the streets for three and a half days, which is the other half of the 70 week of Daniel - both half weeks thus 'bracket' the Tribulation period.
Then will be the Battle of Armageddon where the eagles and vultures will feed on the flesh of the fallen and the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone while Satan is locked up for the 1,000 years.
The the Son will gather his followers, dead and alive, in what is the so-called Rapture, which is specifically promised to Israel in Isaiah 27:12, where the children of Israel are raised up one by one at the great trump/et.
With the 'good' guys gone, God will be free to vent His Wrath upon the earth.
Note: going by Jewish timing from Genesis of night first and then daylight, making one day, the Antichrist will break the Treaty mid-week on a Wednesday morning and the Two Witnesses will be killed on a Wednesday morning and raised on the Saturday at sundown after the Sabbath, to complete one whole week.
For this to add up for verification; the 1,260 days needs to be a set of complete weeks, which it is! 180 weeks in total.
Hope this makes sense...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join