It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMT Assaulted At OWS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

EMT Assaulted At OWS

www.myfoxny.com

MYFOXNY.COM - A wild scuffle at Zuccotti Park early Thursday morning ended with an Occupy Wall Street protester under arrest for assault and an FDNY EMT in the hospital.

Officers and EMTs were called to the park for a report of a disturbed person. While trying to approach 20-year-old Joshua Ehrenberg, sources tell Fox 5 that other protesters locked their arms and legs to stop Ehrenberg from being loaded into an ambulance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ehrenberg is going to be in a world of hurt over this … assaulting an EMT is an aggravated felony and judges don’t take it lightly. Just the latest in the seemingly never ending stories about assaults, rapes, overdoses, theft and vandalism coming from the OWS camps. When is Bloomberg going to get serious with these yahoos and send them back home?

www.myfoxny.com

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What a shame

I can see (altho i make no excuse) why they would be hostile to police.....

But to assault an EMT who is there to do nothing more then help someone is way over board......

Just another in a list......

Now wait for the sympathizers come in and make excuses for these actions........

First it will be your source........

then the "but but" will start rolling in............watch.......its oh so predictable
edit on 10-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You might need to double check the laws on that one. It used to be a felony in both NC and SC. My wife and I are both paramedics and have worked in both states. She was assaulted by a patient at work (in SC) and is was a misdemeanor. Apparently this was changed in the past few years, no idea why.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
maybe if you knew better you would know that all the news only show i dimwits out there but there are a lot more educated people out there but you never here an interview with one of the college student mad at student loans so before you start judging yahoos maybe you should get off the media teet and open your f......ing eyes dude

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No matter what other people say OWS is a cess pool of bad people and assaulting an EMT?

Nah that is 100% pathetic they all need to go home.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hope he goes to prison. He probably wants to as well. He won't have to get a job if he is incarcerated. 3 hots and a cot, and someone else paying for it. Seems like he's creating his own Utopia.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well I'm certainly not going to come around and pretend that these sort of things aren't going to happen at protests around the country. We're basically looking at a large number of people that want to see the reset button on this country pressed. It's not going to happen without incident.

Where there are people, there are crimes. As it always has been, and always will be.

By the way neo96, great blanket stereotyping statement there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
These things were not happening at the Tea Party protests which were so effective they have people in office now and a huge public voice. They showed how to do it right whether a person agrees with them or not. They showed it can be done peacefully and lawfully.

I think the real problem is the people involved. Protest works well when decent people are involved. Protest leads to real change. This however is something very different.

They are only accomplishing turning everyone against them and insuring whatever message they may have is ignored. Nobody cares about this anymore and it's just interesting snippets of bad behavior on the news.

I'd say OWS was not only a total failure, they did themselves so much harm they have lost any voice at all except between themselves. They could not get a Dog Catcher elected with their backing. Even the Democrats have backed off trying to claim the movement out of embarrassment.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The article don't give me any information on why they where there to pick him up so I can't really know what happened. Can it be that there are so little information in the article because it can be used as propaganda if not all the information is there? Not enough information so it's up to you to imagine what happened and be angry about it
. The ladder seem to be there with the purpose of harming the EMT (ironic). Im sorry but you read this propaganda because it is the way you are thinking. The increadable thing that it is so obvious that it is propaganda. (Sources say the ladder was set up as a part of the OWS protest). What value do that information give the article? I think the should have added what color it was and how long it was also (ironic). Even if you dislike the OWS you gotta agree that this is not objective news.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Ehrenberg is going to be in a world of hurt over this … assaulting an EMT is an aggravated felony and judges don’t take it lightly. Just the latest in the seemingly never ending stories about assaults, rapes, overdoses, theft and vandalism coming from the OWS camps. When is Bloomberg going to get serious with these yahoos and send them back home?

www.myfoxny.com

Though i do believe this man should go to prison for what he did it wasn't right.

But Lol. Name 5 rapes and ill talk, and out of hundreds if not thousands of cities of protesters there is going to be AT-MOST a 1% crime rate. Your just bringing up a handful of protesters that committed crime and suddenly the whole movement is based on pot smoking, violent, hippie, drug using, rapists. Why label a whole movement based on the very small percentage of criminals?

edit on 10-11-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

But Lol. Name 5 rapes and ill talk, and out of hundreds if not thousands of cities of protesters there is going to be AT-MOST a 1% crime rate. Your just bringing up a handful of protesters that committed crime and suddenly the whole movement is based on pot smoking, violent, hippie, drug using, rapists. Why label a whole movement based on the very small percentage of criminals?

This is exactly right. You can't just take the actions of a few idiots and call the entire movement criminal. There was a post somewhere about a person on these forums that used to hate OWS until he actually went to one of the protests. Maybe the OP should go take a look before he passes judgement based on something he read on FOX news.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
These things were not happening at the Tea Party protests which were so effective they have people in office now and a huge public voice. They showed how to do it right whether a person agrees with them or not. They showed it can be done peacefully and lawfully.
more like a huge corporate voice..
I think the real problem is the people involved. Protest works well when decent people are involved. Protest leads to real change. This however is something very different.
decent people huh.. wtf.. who are you to judge decency..

They are only accomplishing turning everyone against them and insuring whatever message they may have is ignored. Nobody cares about this anymore and it's just interesting snippets of bad behavior on the news.
maybe on FOX

I'd say OWS was not only a total failure, they did themselves so much harm they have lost any voice at all except between themselves. They could not get a Dog Catcher elected with their backing. Even the Democrats have backed off trying to claim the movement out of embarrassment.
I would say that Tuesdays elections trump your opinion..
this is still growing.. and is a much larger force than the tea party ever was..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pccat

Tuesdays election was exactly what the Tea Party is fighting for.
For the right of the people to have their say in their States.

To give the States more power.
The people voted and the truth is everyone won, except maybe the Federal Govt., lol.

As for the OWS...
It should come as no surprise that the liberal mob took this long to heat up. They had to start off slow, testing the waters.
You haven't seen anything yet!
Wait until after obama gets kicked out. Wisconsin was childs play

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Is your reply a quote from fox? Most ignorant reply i have read all day..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mus8472

Wow, I am surprised. In most states, assaulting an LEO, EMT or firefighter (and kids, pregnant women and the like) automatically upgrades the charges to aggravated and from a misdemeanor to a felony.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by minikin84

Originally posted by BruceEFury

This is exactly right. You can't just take the actions of a few idiots and call the entire movement criminal. There was a post somewhere about a person on these forums that used to hate OWS until he actually went to one of the protests. Maybe the OP should go take a look before he passes judgement based on something he read on FOX news.

I truly do sympathize with your perspective that the whole movement shouldn’t be defined by the actions of a very small number of its participants, but Occupy NY does have a separate section cordoned off for women, for their safety.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
These anti-OWS threads are very predictable, why is it the handmaidens who service the rats at the top always use sex and violence to sway public opinion?

With any large gathering of people ( woodstock, the football stadium during Katrina or Berlusconi's infamous "Bunga Bunga" parties) there will always be some form of criminality going on, to suggest that the entire gathering should be written off because of the actions of a few is pathetic!!

What started in America has now blossomed into a global movement rallying against inequality and the rise of this new world order of tossers. If you don't understand the protest then you are either too dumb to understand or paid not to understand, either way you are a DB.

Viva La revolution

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

I truly do sympathize with your perspective that the whole movement shouldn’t be defined by the actions of a very small number of its participants, but Occupy NY does have a separate section cordoned off for women, for their safety.

I think that was because Herman Cain was said to be in the crowd... people got nervous *shrug*

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There's no way to condone hassling an EMT though.. their jobs are difficult enough.

Just because they wear uniforms doesn't make them the enemy. Leave em alone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join