It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting...The CIA tried to hack into my computer [HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

You're outright willing to defend the CIA aren't you?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Alright I just tried to click on the website and got a virus alert. I'm not very tech savvy. So take it as it is but now I'm really curious about whats on that website. Darn it!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

You're outright willing to defend the CIA aren't you?

LOL, you're trollin' me. I bit the first time though.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
hey cool, i live like 5 miles west of there

Cool! Do us a big favor....Drive over there and check it out for us...Take some pics....Knock on the door or something. Maybe you could solve this little mystery for us. lol

PS: If you get to talk to anyone there...Ask them what’s up with that trojan virus.
I went to the site and my antivirus software went off after about 2 seconds.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

man they slip up more and more everyday, and not just the CIA but all of these agencies, the time is drawing near, we shall see how it plays out. star and flag

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The CIA doesn't try, they DO and you'll never know it.

Someone may be up to something there, and may have it set up to appear as if it originated from the VA location.. (easy to do by the way)

I don't even know why I have a firewall and complete (paid for) security on my laptop that I travel with, because they are in when I am online at any time they want... I've watched windows programs open on their own, load up, and files being opened.... And laughed.

I don't have anything to hide..

They'll never find anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by facewhatly

Thanks for your comment.

Yeah it must be some troll from the CIA - I'm guessing an automated one since they do that a lot these days.

Interestingly I'm getting a new server with a different IP address attacking me when I access the website now, coincidently right after I started this thread!

I kept getting the same attacks from the original IP address listed in my first post before I started this thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Maxatoria
its just an isp in the same area

www.servint.net... shows the address and i'm sure some american with more knowledge of the local geography can tell if its a cia shop but they'd either have to be rather stupid or have brass balls the size of footballs to run a cia sponsored isp in the same town and hope that people wouldn't put 2 and 2 together

You beat me to it. I was just going to post that.

whatdoesitman.com = IP Address 207.58.165.85
IP Address 207.58.165.85 hosted by Servint (location...McLean, VA)

ServInt Corporate Headquarters

6861 Elm Street
4th Floor
McLean, VA 22101

Issue solved.

SERVINT

Use of INT as suffix to the server name reminded me of this Thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The United States' Secret Shadow Government, A Structural Analysis by Richard Boylan PhD

(Below quote copied from the chart provided in the Thread)

(CIA), commands, often controls, and sometimes coordinates, the gathering of secret overseas information gathered by spies (HUMINT), electronic surveillance (SIGINT), and other means; carries out covert unconstitutional paramilitary counterinsurgency operations and preemptive political pacification projects in violation of international law, as well as counter-intelligence sting operations against foreign agents; engages in domestic surveillance, and manipulation of the U.S. political process, "in the National interest" in direct violation of its congressional charter; operates proprietary "false front" companies for profit; conducts a major share of international trans-shipment of illegal drugs, using National Security cover and immunity; and cooperates with NSA's UFO cover-up operations, Langley, VA, and worldwide branches.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Fair enough, but then that means the CIA owns ServInt and the conspiracy website is hosted on CIA servers, since the website's IP address is the one reported in the OP's screen shot.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Or maybe the three letters "int" in the Servint company name do not mean to be the same as the CIA short-hand "int" (for "intelligence").

Sometimes a company name is just a company name.....and a cigar is just a cigar....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't know for sure if this is a CIA monitored or sponsored site. Probably monitored, although, not as much as other more radical sites. Either way, I pity and apologize to whoever has to monitor my activities here. Gotta be one of the more boring spy jobs around. No chasing hot spy chicks through the streets of Vienna on jet powered motorcycles. Just a lot of crazy talk. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So I was trying to access this website www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1181.htm because I wanted to investigate more into this supposed disinfo agent "Sorcha Fall" and his claims that some French Astronaut wanted to "warn the world" about something.

Your first mistake was to take anything that Sorcha Faal says seriously:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your second mistake was trying to go to whatdoesitmean.com, a notoriously "buggy" site, in several senses of the term.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's irrelevant, after all this site is run by CIA don't forget

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Who knows

Lots of possibilites, lots of perhap's and maybe's.

Be amusing if the CIA website has been used as a proxy.

Probably not though.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Try posting with the addresses not blocked out. Your worse than the CIA

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Well the connection was TCP, BUT you're using Norton so it was most likely a false positive. If the CIA hacked your computer, you wouldn't know

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I really dig how 2 posters in this thread have proven that it's just a bad case of paranoia (omg, the CIA are in the USA, every PC in the US must be a CIA op undercover!!!!11) and yet people - including the OP, are still banging on about it being CIA.

I mean, it's just unfathomable... a low budget dodgy conspiracy website that rants on about sorcha faal and looks even worse than GLP in web design, might be a little bit wonky and your virus alerts you to an attack... Impossible that random websites are sneaky.. Must be the CIA.

rofl.

It's like those Maps at the zoo, with a red dot that says "You are Here."-- OMG how do they know where I am? I'm being followed!!!11

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sorry you had that problem OP. It would not surprise me at all if they were checking your computer. About 3 years ago, I called the FBI over a threat that someone had made on the internet against Obama. It was a major threat detailing how to do major damage to the Inauguration. I would not have called, but the descriptions were very detailed, so detailed that I would be afraid to even begin to say or write down. When I spoke to an agent to tell them about it, I got the 3rd degree, and was asked many personal questions about myself instead of the website. He kept asking me why I was on the computer late at night, why I visited that web page, my name, any aliases I had, age, where I was living etc. I was being asked so many personal questions that I was becoming angry and scared. Finally he took the website info that I gave him and then ended the call. Next thing I know, my computer starts acting all erratic, virus warnings kept coming up, and I would even see my cursor moving by itself across the screen and pages from my bookmarks pulling up by themselves, etc. This continued for weeks.

I could not believe that I ended up being singled out for trying to do what I thought was my Patriotic duty to inform them about something that could have turned out so badly. I will NEVER go through that again, and I am at the point now that if I were to see or hear about something happening again I would be tempted to just look the other way and let someone else call them instead if they so desired. That is how badly they scared me, and I learned my lesson very quickly. My partner and I are still upset about what happened, and we are shocked that they are willing to treat someone that way who was only trying to help. Almost 3 years later I still start to panic whenever I think about it, and even as I write this it is bringing back the scary memories. As they say "No good deed goes unpunished". I am living proof.

The craziest part of it all was that the website was a popular website, and the website even had its own radio show, etc. The comments that someone had made on the site were what was bad. I did see later that the offending post had been removed, so they evidently found it a significant enough threat. They should have treated me better, as I was only trying to help avoid something that could have been disastrous.

Please be careful when going to websites, you never know when they will decide to single you out and track you.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i think the c.i.a has a little more intelligence than that. i doubt they would use an i.p. address that leads you right to c.i.a. headquarters.

even banned former ats members have enough intelligence to use a proxy server.

if the c.i.a hacked your computer i doubt norton antivirus could even detect it let alone defeat it.

i'm pretty sure when they hack your system, it's takes them less than a nano second to download and copy your whole hard drive into one of their super computers to be analyzed later at their convenience.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You use windows, OP.

If you don't want to be monitored, don't use Windows. Use Backtrack 5 Linux.

Simple as that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join