It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Line between deny ignorance and mental illness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
People that belive what they first hear is nonsense then you ignore it, then you'll never be open to new ideas and different trains of thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
All great people are missunderstood. We as humans fear what we dont understand.

Very good point, I can see why humans do that... but its a bad thing that is a mystery... we also fear the unknown... and if you over view the nature of the human race its generally screwed, I dont know how we made it

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
All great people are missunderstood. We as humans fear what we dont understand.

Sometimes it just takes a long time to understand them, because most of those guys are way ahead of their times.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i remember a forum thread many a blue moon past, stating that the earth was round...

the only thing that annoys me sometimes, is how some people believe everything has to be centralised around the American government.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fitch
i remember a forum thread many a blue moon past, stating that the earth was round...

the only thing that annoys me sometimes, is how some people believe everything has to be centralised around the American government.

Wait a minute, Earth is not round, little buldged around the middle, but I thought it was round. Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

OH NO! I'm one of 'those' people.

*pause* (for melodramatic moment)

My brilliance is cast upon the shoals of the infinite ocean.
"What a world, what a world"

get me. I'm the CIA dealing drugs.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

OH NO! I'm one of 'those' people.

*Ofcourse not, your smilies and your font and your humor don't point to a paranoid person, who is going to take a trip to a mental hospital soon.*

*Piece of sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think that most people in here are wantabe writers. Thus, their imaginations get a little carried away...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You must be able to distinguish good content from crap and avoid threads aimed to pure deception or social engineering. I have found lots of links extremely useful to expand my knowledge about today's issues. This forum has changed the way I see the world. But while I am curious and I like to investigate issues in order to discover the truth, I realized that some times the truth is too bad and sad. At times I really wish I did not investigate at all.
Now that I know what's behind 9/11, I know there are really sick people in this world, criminals that will stop at nothing. Thanks to ATS I know that terrorism does not exist.
You find all kind of people in this forum, a lot locked into a box of deception not able to objectively see the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I consider myself fairly sane.

The only ones who never doubt their sanity are the truly insane.

[edit on 04/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think that some of the people who post should consider a job in the movie industry lol, some of it is just way out and would make a damn good film.

Move over stephen speilberg.....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I haven't been on this board for too long but I do notice some crack pots among the majority of healthy posters. If I'm on a board related to Rock music I generally see pretty normal people aside from from a few people who may have self esteem issues, but I would expect a few 'colorful' people on this board because its very nature is going to attract them.

It takes all types to make up a successful forum so I just tend to ignore obvious crack pots and have fun talking to people who have exhibited a bit of balance in their thinking. I'm a natural skeptic so I am probably biased in my view but the internet is populated with all types of personalities, I accept them all and try not to get bogged down with petty debates from people who obviously have some sort of social disorders.

And then again, some people feel that everyone who posts on forums is a bit wacky so who am I to talk!

The fact that we all have the freedom to express ourselves on this or any forum is the most important thing in the end. Viva la freedom!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it is all Einstein's fault...I think I will wait before explaining, let those curious minds build up and up.

As my physics teacher used to say "Do you know how to keep an idiot in suspense...I will tell you next Tuesday."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join