It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why racisim is stupid.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Bigotry: "stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own."

edit on 10-11-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think racism is an inaccurate term really, it's more like ethnicism. True we are all part of the human race, however it is ethnic groups whose behavior gives the rest of the human race in that ethnic group a bad reputation. For instance when there is a crime committed by a black person, we often hear "oh here we go again, more black crime". Whites are called racist for this type of remark, however when you track the progression of that person in relation to upbringing, parenting, education etc. there are usually problems found that trace back to other blacks, be it their parents were uneducated, their parents were in trouble with the law, or their black friends were, it's a problem that evolves from the black communities. Technically it's a black problem, it makes it easy to cry racism and point the finger at whites instead of taking the responsibility of actually breeding the problems within your own ethnicity.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Metal Head because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Justme888

I totally agree
As a person who works with Genetics (and protein data) every day, there is more variation inside a "racial group" (old definition) than between "different groups".

Race is the retreat of the ignorant
I will recant that when a different species of the Genus Homo shows up alive.

What some modern people consider "racial" markers are SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms) which are the change of a single nucleic acid in a non coding area of either the YChromosome (for men) or mitochondrial DNA (for us all) and well if it does not code for protein (how are genes are expressed) and we will never see the difference

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Just when I thought the view wasn't narrow enough.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

The idea of "race" is like phrenology ..... not based in actual fact, just observation. Yes indeed people look different.I mean if you want "race" look at blood type (an expression of protein) that is as valid as "skin color" for a difference.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Do you really want to be "that guy" with the "technically speaking" bit here, where clearly we all know what we mean and why?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
reply to post by Noinden

Do you really want to be "that guy" with the "technically speaking" bit here, where clearly we all know what we mean and why?

Who would "that guy" be? Clearly not every one on this forum knows what they are talking about, given the preponderance of "race is real" posts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join