It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why racisim is stupid.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
us.123rf.com...

SO who is better the white or brown rodent?

Can you imagine them fighting over who is better when they are the same species!
Would't you think they were silly... fighting over color?
What if they were fighting over who's GOD is right.
Woudn't you think they were silly, when there is only one GOD.

Do YOU agree?
edit on 10-11-2011 by Justme888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justme888

The dead one. They are both vermin.

Yes, racism is the tool of idiots. People need to get past it. However, as long as we have Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Affirmative Action, Nazis and the KKK, it will be alive and well.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Justme888

The dead one. They are both vermin.

If a advanced species more conscious than us humans thought the way you think, we would all be dead. lol

Save the animals and the vermin. Poor vermin.

Talking about unconsciouss animals. There has to be a way for scientists to create meat like meat that was synthetic..but you could not taste the differance. It would take scientists like 10 years, so we can stop the following...
Don't be racist to other speices!

What if aliens were way more advanced than us and ate us because we were less consciouss than them.

It's ok to eat fish...cause they don't have as much feelings.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I agree, racism is stupid.
There's even anecdotal evidence that we've carried some racism over to pets.

www.globalanimal.org...

Animal shelter workers in the United States call it the “Black Dog Syndrome”: Black dogs and cats are often the last to be adopted and the first to be euthanized.

Some in the adoption business think there may simply be more black dogs and cats than animals of other colors. Others think the animals may be wrongly perceived as menacing.

Mike Arms, president of the Helen Woodward Animal Center in Rancho Santa Fe, California, blames part of it on typecasting. “If you think of any movie with a mean, devil dog, it’s always a black dog, and if you see a witch in a movie, they always have a black cat.”

People are so quick to judge.....

link   
We all belong to the (Human Race).

People have different lineages ...and that makes life more interesting and fun!

link   
By the looks of it they are the same type of rat( i don't much about rats) and the only thing that differs is the colour of the hair.By using this as an example as to why racism is stupid is like saying i,a brunette,hates a blonde because of the colour of their hair colour even though we are of the same race.
Race isn't just skin colour by the way and racism is the marxist term for racial recognition which is perfectly natural for our survival.
edit on 10/11/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The human species.Not the human race.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Justme888

Technically you are correct. Racism is stupid. It is an instinctual, adaptive thought process that has its origin in the limbic center of the brain. In earlier times what we call racism was responsible for clan adaptive behaviors: in group vs out group; us vs them. In an environment that is intensly competitive for resources it is adaptive to be for your own and against the outsiders who also think that way. We have become civilized. But racism is still operating in our brains...or at least the mental code that also brings about racism. Now days people hate the other political party or the other religious group or the other gang. Racism never leaves us. It merely adapts to light upon whatever is the acceptable target of the day.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

People know what I mean........take care.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Racism is incredibly petty and propagated by groups in every race. We like point the finger at racists, yet then go back to our homes in Little Italy and what not. Whats worse is the true racists are hypocritical and call everyone else racist. For instance, the person who wishes to hold on to their culture and dictate how others react to their culture, are the ones who still believe in a separation of attributes and highlight the differences between us; which is essentially segregation.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Racism is a divide and conquer tactic.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Justme888

Racism isn't "stupid." It is a normal part of human nature. It exists in all levels of culture and society, from siblings, family groups, tribes, states, schools, faternal orgs and nations. You can even add genders to the concept of racism.

Being a natural inclination, it is not stupid in the normal sense of the world, but it is incredibly disfunctional across the whole of those areas (mentioned above) that it effects. There is an old saying, "There is no cure for stupid," but there is for racism, it is understanding, acceptance and education. We are all racist to some degree and I'm afraid that I'm well up the list despite efforts to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Its a little more complicated than that forest..

We are a complex species.. it all goes back to us being in tribes and being territorial. For food, territory and resources..(not much changes huh?)
And through that evolutionary process of a few thousand years we have always segregated into groups and we still do, people are also feircly protective and biased toward members of our own "tribe" as it were..

and im not just talking about colour here, We separate in every possible way.. our sex, our Religion, our countries, continents even our hemisphere, sports teams, neighborhoods etc.. And people will always fight for the group they are associated with..

i.e a black man and a white man that are fighting each other at a race riot.. may be side by side if the same riot were about religion, or standing side by side and fighting for their country against a common enemy, or drinking and laughing together whilst heckling the fans of an opposing team... (you get my drift)

Racism is only an issue because people make it that way..

In fact.. It happens all throughout nature.. Animals segregate and fight over food, territory etc.. And that happens with many speices and within their own species..
edit on 10/11/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

For instance, the person who wishes to hold on to their culture and dictate how others react to their culture, are the ones who still believe in a separation of attributes and highlight the differences between us;

Lets not mix racism and cultures here. As long as someone does not believe the cultural differences are genetic and thus discrimination based on race is justified, it is not racism. I have seen many times on ATS someone being called racist over disagreement about what is religious or cultural matter, not genetic. That is simply false.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Racism is a divide and conquer tactic.

Exactly. And the idiots fall for it every time. I guarantee you, as Ronald Reagan talked about in a speech at the UN, if we were in danger from a power outside of Earth, how quickly our petty differences would dissappear and we would join together as the human species.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

True. And if the differences between races were merely skin color it would be not only stupid, but short lived. However, there are extreme differences and it is recognition of those differences that is defined as racism now days. And using that definition of racism, it is not stupid. It is stupid to ignore the differences in abilities. Ignoring those differences leads to unrealistic expectations from people who can not ever perform to satisfaction.

Instead we should embrace those differences and celebrate them. By having people in their proper places in society everyone is better off and happier.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is it really Racism?

I'm white, I was forced to grow up in black projects on the east coast. It was a daily exercise in getting my ass kicked from an early age. There were a couple of other white kids that lived there and they had it the same. I had some black friends, but they always went from your friend to foe and piled on when a group of other black kids came around. Not some of them, all of them. Typical peer pressure I guess.

So now do I hate black people? No. That said, if if you're dumb enough to think walking your white ass through the black projects in the middle of the night is a good idea, keep preaching your peace and love and see how far you make it.

I approach black people in this way, I'm cautious and assume I might be dealing with what I grew up with. In less than a minute I can usually guess right. It's not absolute, but it's close enough for me and it allows me to avoid people I don't want to deal with or to at least be a little prepared whatever the case may be.

I'm sure there are many black people that had to deal with the same or worse that I had to as well. So I don't instantly hate people because of their race or color, but due to my personal experience, I am more cautious and conscience of it. I have some really good friends now that happen to be black, but I don't see their color, I just see my friend.

I think it's more to do with the culture of ignorance and hatred that I hate. I happened to experience it from a different perspective. I cannot stand that arrogant, gangsta, hate anyone different, violent, butcher the english language, intimidation rap so many of them adopt, for that matter the 14 year old wiggers annoy me just as much. So I intensely dislike their behavior, but I try to have more tolerance than what was shown me. But it IS predominantly a black culture trait.

No one here or anywhere has the right to tell me how I can feel about it. I feel the way I feel. I'm perfectly ok with how I approach it. I don't think it perpetuates hate, but I do hope one day I can be more accepting of everyone, then again, there's no rule that says you have to like everything or anyone.

Tolerance of others is a good idea up to a point. As soon as someone's behavior infringes on another person in a negative way, in my mind, you lose the right to "do as you please". Respect is a two way street.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Get used to it. It's instinctual and will never really leave us completely. In my opinion, it is silly that if you don't care for another race/culture, you are labeled a 'racist' and instantly there is this stigma attached that you are ignorant and hate people. I don't hate any race/culture, but I may not care for one or another too much. So I reject your silly political correctness. Most people who truly feel this way are too cowardly to ever admit it. How many lie about how they feel about another race in public, but in confidence with someone they trust may admit to a bit of 'racism'? I've seen it so many times in my life it's laughable really. Stupid, indeed.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie

True. And if the differences between races were merely skin color it would be not only stupid, but short lived. However, there are extreme differences and it is recognition of those differences that is defined as racism now days. And using that definition of racism, it is not stupid. It is stupid to ignore the differences in abilities. Ignoring those differences leads to unrealistic expectations from people who can not ever perform to satisfaction.

Instead we should embrace those differences and celebrate them. By having people in their proper places in society everyone is better off and happier.

I'm German and Irish and I can not perform to satisfaction! Should I be put in the proper place at the bottom of the pyramid and lol work as a Janitor... because of the fact there is "Irish" in me, and I can not perform to satisfaction?

www.africaresource.com...

I

Damn I need a drink!

I have been waiting for someone like you! Your all bright stars! Regardless of race.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Racism is stupid..not too mention bigotry and any other reason to hate another because they are different...no doubt about it.

It is from the minds of the ignorant. They make judgement calls on an entire race by the few they see.

If your idiotic enough to call an entire race, religion, sex or culture evil or disgusting by the few you have met..then please get stupid tattooed on your forehead so that the intelligent can stay away from you.

ATS is infested with these type of people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join