It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Streetlamp being introduced is something we need to protest.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm thinking more entertainment vale . FH has a 7 or 8 diget income level on the average. Just want to watch out for the rich people

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This already has a thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Started a couple of weeks back.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

The same as London. Europe has arrived and it sucks.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

People believe its not a problem they have to worry about because they do not live there. It is a problem, as soon as they start, they will never stop.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I feel like if they tried to implement these on a large scale they would be a huge target for vandalism.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

People believe its not a problem they have to worry about because they do not live there. It is a problem, as soon as they start, they will never stop.

Yes that's the problem, as soon as they gain any ground they won't give it up. If these go well you can expect them in a town near you.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The government is just like Israel and we are Palistinians. They will keep encroaching till we are all dead or subservient. I'm sure these will be jammed and hacked within a month or two. These will not stop or deter crime.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This reminds me one time I was just standing around outside the college gates in my home town, next to a pizza takeaway establishment, early one saturday morning when suddenly a voice hailed out 'you are being recorded on camera'. Well this is it, I thought to myself, total brain meltdown and the onset of auditory hallucinations. This is way before I even heard of such technology. It kinda jolted reality for me and freaked out my thought processes for the rest of the day.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
This reminds me one time I was just standing around outside the college gates in my home town, next to a pizza takeaway establishment, early one saturday morning when suddenly a voice hailed out 'you are being recorded on camera'. Well this is it, I thought to myself, total brain meltdown and the onset of auditory hallucinations. This is way before I even heard of such technology. It kinda jolted reality for me and freaked out my thought processes for the rest of the day.

I know the feeling. I hate that I am being watched everywhere I go. It's that feeling you get when you know somebody is staring at you but it's not a human doing the staring but a camera.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Just a quick comment, do people still stand under street lamps and conspire to overthrow the government or to pass on secret information? Something tells me its for preventing whores from "doing business" on the streets. Otherwise I think there will be reels and reels of absolutely boring nonsense...I have to ask, do we really need this type of idiotic surveillance except to give Tosh.O more fodder? I keep telling people, it's finally going to be a world where every other person is a spy for the government. Each one watching one person who isn't a spy! (As far as they know!)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Farmington Hills is an community in southeastern Michigan. It is the largest city in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. Its population was 79,740 at the 2010 census.[3] It is an upscale suburb of Metropolitan Detroit and is also 33 miles (53 km) northeast of downtown Ann Arbor.

Detriot isn't doing too well and i'm sure the crime rate has risen. This isn't an excuse to install the lamps however.

Oakland County is recognized as one of the wealthiest counties in the Midwestern United States, with Farmington Hills being one of the county's top family income areas. In 2007, CNNMoney.com listed the Farmington Hills area its 55th "Best Place to Live." Farmington Hills consistently ranks as one of the safest cities in the United States, as well as in the state of Michigan. In 2010, the area ranked as the 30th safest city in America

Now wonder these are being placed here. Rich folks won't mind them and they will most likely stay which will let them place them in locations. This just goes to show you that when times get tough, the elite will take drastic measures and the masses don't stop to think about what is happening around them. That their country is slowly being purned into a police state. We are being conditioned to believe we need these things for "safety" and that the "terrorists" will get us.
edit on 11-11-2011 by MrSandman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They better be careful to not videotape police officers or else their going to get their camera confiscated, questioned, and more then likely pepper sprayed if they aren't "compliant".

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

This made me laugh so much I had to log in just to reply.

I worked at a place where we had a camera and a mic/speaker to talk to people when they came up to the door.

Use to mess with people just for the entertainment.

I really don't see the big deal with these street light cameras if the population wants them.

You are being watched daily as you go about your business any way.

It may not be real time but it is being recorded.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
I want to know what it is that has everyone so scared about stuff like this. What exactly are you doing that you're so worried is going to be seen by someone else? If they decided to watch me all day every day they would just have one very bored observer. I don't think anyone stops to consider just how much observation data there is out there and just how impossible it would be to monitor all of it.

We aren't doing anything wrong, so there's no valid reason anyone has to watch us. Get the picture now?

/TOA

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
When I thought there was hope, these things would have sent me off on a serious ranting fit. Orwellian indeed. But as pointed out, people have put up with so much, this is barely a blip on the radar for most, until they're in court for something a light saw. THEN they'll come over to rationality, all, too, late.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

What I would like to know is, who is it who is monitoring all of these cameras & other devices? Do the "powers that be" hire large companies in India full of low-paid monitors who are trained to press an alert button when need be? It is one thing to go to the expense of inventing, buying & installing these lights, but having them watched 24/7 is something else again. Added to that are the laws about surreptitious recording not usually being admissible in court in the US.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually, not everything about that technology is bad and I know that because we (my family's business) is partners with a company in Brazil that has a similar product. Their technology helps reducing from 30% to 40% the costs with illuminating streets and other public spaces. Take the city of Dourados, in Mato Grosso do Sul. It's a small city with around 250 thousand people and a monthly municipal electric bill of a few hundread thousand dollars. Imagine how much money could be saved in long term. Now imagine that technology in the whole county. It's no joke.

The thing is that in MOST cities (at least in Brazil), it is VERY hard to manage the public lighting system. How do they know if a lamp is dead? They don't. If a lamp is dead, either the populating will complain, or a maintenance team, driving around the city at night will have to spot it. So there are a lot of costs and lack of efficiency in doing things that way.

Now, our partner has this technology where you can control every single lamp in the city and turn each one of them on and off with the click of a mouse. It is actually wonderful. He is freaking millionaire already and his technology is awsome.

Now, what he technology doesn't do is the Big Brother part, which is filming people and shouting orders to passerbys, but if he is already controlling every lamp in the streets, I think it's only a matter of wanting to add those things or not. Politicians in Brazil are not really concerned with that. They want to reduce costs so there is more money left for their corruption schemes.

So, the part that saves money is cool. The Big Brother Part, not so much.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Seriously Americans, WAKE UP, go there and smash these poles down ;-)

That's an easy one compared to stopping war in Iran or stopping billion dollars black projects funding...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Its almost worth a comedy skit form the 70s.

The man passes the lampost, suddenly a voice is heard.

"ow was it you dirty dirty little man?"

The man looks around startled and sheepish.

" got er in the suitcase you sorry little excuse for manhood"?

The man is fervishly looking around for the source of this taunting.

"A blow up doll eh , maybe you should keep ya curtains shut next time matey, ya never know who is looking through the window ....hh...hhhh...hhhhhaaaaaaaa.

The man strarts to run his suitcase spills open and a deflated roll of plastic rolls... out ...but is still stuck in the suitcase,, an open mouth following him, as the lampost giggle uncontrollably
edit on 11-11-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Love to hear everyone say they will smash these new lights of shoot them, but the fact is red light cameras go unmolested. If people won't take down a handful of red light cameras, they sure as hell won't be taking out all the street lights. Sad but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join