It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Streetlamp being introduced is something we need to protest.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The new streetlamp being introduced in Farmington Hills, MI will be able to film you, record your conversations, and yell orders at you while displaying a video. The streetlamps are called Intellistreets. They are being promoted as being energy-efficient and will save the tax-payers dollars. They are controlled remotely using Wifi.

detroit.cbslocal.com...

With the TSA setting up roadside checkpoints in TN and now these going up, it seems the agenda is progressing quickly. Oh btw, the company making these is called Illuminating Concepts. No joke.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
S & F, Big Brother Lamp is Watching!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

they should just put a big sign on these things saying "smile, you're being video taped"...

Orwel would be laughing his ass off if he saw all these newer intelligent designs made in the name of security used to spy on people for homeland security...too bad he's dead...as I'm more than sure he'd be more than interested in putting a few words in regarding our not so distant future...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

They are the DHS "happy lamps". Reminding you to be happy until they tell you otherwise.

I would never, ever promote illegal activity, but if it's run by wifi, I wonder if it'd be hackable?
Not that I would promote that, mind you.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I would be terrified, but here's a few articles that put in perspective how watched you already are (or else other things to fear in our near future)
How your own gadgets can be used to spy on you
How you can be secretly monitored
Tech that cannot be hidden from
And finally, probably most relevant to the conversation
Projects you won't believe the government is working on
These are all from Cracked if you didn't notice. All pretty good reads, and hilariously worded. (these things have 2 pages, in case you don't notice)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Do what some communities in uk did, cut them down.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
First of all I would like to say that I share the concerns expressed about the possible infringement of civil liberties and the encroachment of Big Brother upon our societies.

However, when stories like this emerge from the UK we usually get more than a few US members commenting on the loss of civil liberties in the UK, how we should grow some balls, blah blah blah and how it would never happen in the good ol' US of A as the Second Amendment prevents this from happening there.

Well?

Don't see anything like this happening in the UK and they have had the technology for quite some time now.

Please don't mistake this for an attack on your Second Amendment - your country, act as you see fit - but please stop rattling on about it at all times, trying to make out it's a great cure all and every time something happens in the UK trying to imply it wouldn't have happened if we had similair legislation.

So, you all have your guns, those that want them, what difference has it made and what are you going to do about it?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
These wont work.

Because people like me will smash them up good and chop them down...

edit on 10-11-2011 by Vaxar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

HACK THE WIFI!!! LOL I'd be out there trying, that's for sure! Start downloading all kinds of music and movies ROTFL.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Americans on ATS are too busy bitching and whining about protestors to actually protest something. Gotta keep hitting refresh, you know!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
they've already accepted groping by the thugs at T(errorist) S(tate) A(gency)... like good citizens of the state..
the majority will accept the gift of big brothers fancy new lights.. after all its for their own good and big brother knows whats best for them..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yes, but we are well armed. Shooting out streetlights is fun target practice. Unless these "intellilights" are bulletproof, it's no big deal.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Freeborn

Americans on ATS are too busy bitching and whining about protestors to actually protest something. Gotta keep hitting refresh, you know!

LOL, well, they occupiers can add this to their list, and be on camera the whole time they occupy streetlamps! Why not, they have included just about everthing else on their "to do," / "Santa wish list."

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Why do you think paintball guns were invented?
The least we can do is make their image blurry.
Now about those microphones....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No kidding, if anyone got organized enough to try and protest these, Fox 'news' will label them communists and terrorists. Look how badly they're trying to shut down protests against the bankers.

I love how these street lights have LED banners, all sorts of 'DHS' spy features, audio entertainment, yet they claim the lamps are also energy conservative. How?? With 10X the electronics in it and flashy lights and sounds?

Go ahead and hack them, throw rocks at them, call it "Occupy Street Lamps", but watch out Fox doesn't start calling you a violent communist.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The very second one of you gets attacked near one of these or a family member or friend is a victim of some kind of assault. You'll be racing down to see what information they can get to help you find the person responsible.

Does anyone really believe that with millions of people wandering around on cctv that authorities have the time or can be bothered to care about what you do? You're not really that important unless you're carrying out an illegal activity.

Grow up.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I say, Great!, bring them on, more Unix fodder for our voodoo.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I want to know what it is that has everyone so scared about stuff like this. What exactly are you doing that you're so worried is going to be seen by someone else? If they decided to watch me all day every day they would just have one very bored observer. I don't think anyone stops to consider just how much observation data there is out there and just how impossible it would be to monitor all of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well the first thing i would think of is trying to make a barrier to hinder any kind of wireless signals.

Then maybe the audio and video wouldn't work.

Maybe a layer of copper would mess up the signals....maybe get a copper based paint or something...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

What exactly are you doing that you're so worried is going to be seen by someone else?

It took me a while to get my head around this idea but that is how people who live in prison think.

"As long as we are not doing anything wrong then we have nothing to worry about".

Well, we don't live in prison. The real question is what are the people who are installing these lamps implying?

Well they are implying that if you were doing something wrong that they would catch you at it. But you aren't doing anything wrong, are you, citizen?

See how that works? We don't need to be treated like this. There is no practical contingency for which these lamps are otherwise useful. So they should be protested as an incursion upon civil liberties.

But of course that won't happen. So we will just have to stand by and see how it goes. As usual.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Frater210 because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join