It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Ron Paul censorship and get this, they admitted it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Sorry, should have said acting like one..
Stupid insults are still stupid insults..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Maybe so. But they can also be very accurate.

Back in 2008, I "lost points" among my fellow lefties for deflating their helium balloons of hope. They were busy gushing about Obama, and basically latching all their hopes and dreams onto the guy, whether reality supported such attachments or not. Even just basic stuff, like people who really thought he was going to be the "peace candidate," or that he was going to usher in universal healthcare, and all this other stuff that only ever existed in their imaginations.

I see the same sort of starry-eyed nonsense coming from most Ron Paul supporters around here. There's the same "He can do no wrong!" mentality, the same belief that he'll deliver everything that a given supporter wants, and of course, the frothing defensiveness if anyone dares question the actual policies of the man - because when you criticize Ron Paul, his faithful flock sees it not as an attack on his policy, but an attack on their egos.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

because when you criticize Ron Paul, his faithful flock sees it not as an attack on his policy, but an attack on their egos.

I've seen that when posters twist what Paul has to say into something that it is not..\

I never trusted Obama..
He was an "unknown" that appeared out of nowhere.
If people had of looked closer at his past record then they may have thought twice.

Paul has a clear and consistent stand dating back many years and he has acted on that stance.
He is a different prostect altogether than Obama.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
For those of you interested, here are Ron Paul's highlights from the debate. He owned!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Because of the internet prowess of his followers?

So...are they saying ...that all the smart, savvy folks online like Ron Paul, he should be discounted, or that he and the smart savvy folks both should be discounted?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman
He will always be censorized because he isn't bought out by the 5 corporations that control all the media in the U.S.

Oh yes he is, don't kid yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Maybe so. But they can also be very accurate.

Back in 2008, I "lost points" among my fellow lefties for deflating their helium balloons of hope. They were busy gushing about Obama, and basically latching all their hopes and dreams onto the guy, whether reality supported such attachments or not. Even just basic stuff, like people who really thought he was going to be the "peace candidate," or that he was going to usher in universal healthcare, and all this other stuff that only ever existed in their imaginations.

I see the same sort of starry-eyed nonsense coming from most Ron Paul supporters around here. There's the same "He can do no wrong!" mentality, the same belief that he'll deliver everything that a given supporter wants, and of course, the frothing defensiveness if anyone dares question the actual policies of the man - because when you criticize Ron Paul, his faithful flock sees it not as an attack on his policy, but an attack on their egos.

Here's the thing. He's the only candidate promising to completely and immediately dismantle all US military bases on foreign soil. This is the gateway into my (and many others) vote. He could promise to literally burn down DC and dance naked during the SOTU and even pee on the Constitution and I would still put him in from of others because of his foreign policy stance.

So yeah... his domestic policy does not sit well with me and I think it will hurt us but I'd rather live in a peaceful 3rd-world America than an imperialistic war-mongering wealthy America.

My hope is that we have a decent Green Party person run who shares Dr. Paul's foreign policy perspectives or perhaps somebody like Kucinich. Heck, I'd even vote for Obama again if he did it before election. But, for now, Dr. Paul is the only dude saying it and he has been saying it for 30 years.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Originally posted by MrSandman
He will always be censorized because he isn't bought out by the 5 corporations that control all the media in the U.S.

Oh yes he is, don't kid yourself.

Could you explain?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
"When you defend freedom, you defend freedom of choice. You cant just be picking and choosing how people use those freedoms." Dr. Ron Paul

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

What happens when you Tell someone NOT to do Something Over and Over Again ? At some point they get Very Angry and Resentful that you are doing this to them and begin to Assert themselves by doing Exactly what you have Told them Not to . Case in Point , the MSM and Ron Paul . IF I didn't Know any better , I would think the MSM Actions are Helping Ron Paul's Presidential Bid more than Hindering it ...............Go Figure,......

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Seems like they've removed the comments as well from the original link. Too many people were calling them out!
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The MSM are in a pickle.....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

" Oh yes he is, don't kid yourself."

Oh Really ? Care to Name each and Every Corporation that somehow OWN Ron Paul ? I mean , you come on here and say something like that , IMO you better have some FACTS to Back it Up or Amend your Thoughts in that Post Little Mister ! .....

edit on 10-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That's a pretty lame excuse. If you post a poll on the internet, is it really that much of a stretch to think your target audience was people who were ummm.....using the internet? That's an extremely asinine reason to take the poll down.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hahaha, I have been following every debate to see whether or not they would do this.....I ALSO have a screen shot of before and after they took down the poll. I think it is pretty hilarious.

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davereality

Any chance I could get a copy of that screenshot? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join