It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys seen this vid about VY CMa at all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Stuff like this just blows the mind and makes us realize just how puny and insignificant we truly are.
I've been sending this vid to everyone I can think of all over the place and felt I'd place it here just because.

I hope you all enjoy it and are as astonished as I was when I found it. This is just one huge reason why I'm so into astronomy and the like. If only I loved math, I'd so be getting into a serious field with space et al.

enjoy ATS'ers!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
good example of why god doesnt care if i attend church on sundays.......

better example of why if god exists why he would have bigger things to worry about than the tiny little atom sized earth on those scales

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I know I make some amazing attainable goals for life - this being one of them (in a most unattainable way, of course)

I would LOVE, before I die, to find a way to travel to that star and just finally SEE just how big it is. I mean, you'll look up, down, left and right and it's forever going on and on. You'd not see an end to it - while still 200,000 miles away from it.

I really would LOVE to physically SEE just how immense that is.

Sad that that can't happen in my life time. Reincarnation, here I come, maybe in 500 years we'll have the means to get out that far.
Could you seriously imagine seeing that thing up close and personal though? (despite how roaring hot it is. toss obviousness aside just for the 'what if' and 'if only' factor)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

i think 200,000 miles is a bit too close but most of these hypergiants are in their last 1000-100,000 years of their lives and the gamma bursts of the hypernova would send you on your way to your next reincarnation haha

too late to explore the earth, too soon to explore the stars

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

Yeah, this one is slated to totally destruct in 100,000 years.
I know it's never feasible to 'up and go' but I just love 'what if' and 'if only' thoughts. I know I'd never be able to get to it much less stand being even a million miles from it as it would kill me in some way - BUT we'll just ignore the facts and 'just say' if one could bypass the time needed to get there, bypass the heat, gravity and so on and just be free to look at it up close and personal... (gotta totally be full imagination reliant with this, of course, hehe)... it's one heck of a thought. No doubt just SEEING it would blow my mind and I'd die xD

Why does "Hal" and everyone from Space Odyssey come to mind? "It's so BEAUTIFUL!" *dead*

(if memory serves right, that is)

top topics

join