It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Republican Debate from Michigan 8pm 11/9/2011 Livestream

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bach-man has written those bills to repeal those bills
dolla dolla bills yaaall

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

HEre it comes...

Booed by the crowd, the moderator who asked the question..

So far the crowd is behind Cain....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
THERE HITTING CAIN
hard!!

That lady just threw him under the bus!!

*We know you have been accused four times of sexual harassment*

Character issues for sure.

Audience cheering for Cain.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to

HEre it comes...

Booed by the crowd, the moderator who asked the question..

So far the crowd is behind Cain....

Got a real lively crowd tonight!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Romney didn't take the bait .. and the next mod moved back to the economy..

with the crowd cheering..

Let's see if anyone else pounces on that issue....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Gingrich seems pretty damn smart..

He took the how is media misrepresenting things like a champ.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I gotta say, so far Gingrich is tearing it up. I'd like to say the same for Paul but he's only been asked 1 question 30 min in as usual
edit on 9-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I say gotta, so far Gingrih is tearing it up. I'd like to say the same for Paul but he's only been asked 1 question 30 min in as usual

Oh I agree, Paul is getting lambasted.

He had that one question at the very beginning.

A lot of economy talk.

I would like to hear what they got to say about Iran.
edit on 9-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Something is still wrong with executive bonuses Romney...

1. William R. Johnson, chairman and president, H.J. Heinz: $8,589,063 Who knew ketchup could be so lucrative? Well, for this CEO, his bonus for 2010 comes in at $8,589,063. This is an almost 18 percent increase over what he received in 2009. Johnson has been with the ketchup giant since 1982, has helped to expand their ketchup kingdom overseas, especially in China, where he was awarded the Marco Polo Award, the highest business honor China bestows on foreigners. A bonus this large makes you rethink the importance of condiments.

2. Lawrence J. Ellison, chief executive officer, Oracle: $6,453,254 This computer guru and competitive sports enthusiast received a $6,453,254 bonus this year, an almost 80 percent increase over what he received last year. Ellison founded the business software and hardware company in 1977 and has successfully increased sales year after year. You'll think twice before calling this guy a computer geek.

3. John T. Chambers, chairman and CEO, Cisco Systems: $4,600,000 While Chambers' bonus of $4, 600,000 only earns him the No. 3 ranking, his bonuses has increased over 125 percent compared to 2009, and his computer and telecom networking company has continued to increase its sales and net income from the previous fiscal year. We all could learn something from the way Chambers -- An expert in workplace learning -- runs a business.

4. Mark G. Parker, president and CEO, Nike: $4,441,875 Parker first began working at Nike in 1979, but has only been at the helm of this athletic outfitter since 2006. But, in that time, he has successfully expanded Nike's brands and increased Nike's commitment to corporate responsibility while increasing sales and raising the company's net income almost 30 percent. For his hard work, he has been rewarded with a $4,441,875 bonus -- a mind-blowing 393.5 percent increase over his 2009 bonus. Talk about just doing it: This CEO is definitely "working out" as the leader of his company.

5. Rupert Murdoch, chairman and CEO, News Corp: $4,368,800 Rounding out the top five is media mogul Murdoch. Since he began his publishing career in 1952 with just one family-owned newspaper in his native Australia, Murdoch has taken the states by storm and his list of accolades now includes The New York Post, TV Guide, The Daily (an iPad-only newspaper), DIRECTV and FOX Entertainment Group. Stuffed into this CEO's stocking this year was a $4,368,800 bonus. Don't think of him as greedy though, because this year's bonus is almost 20 percent less than what he was given last year, and at age 79, this media man was still able to increase News Corp.'s net income in 2010, after a $3.31 billion loss in 2009.

Top CEO Bonuses for 2010

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Gingrich is a polished politician... he's very well groomed, that's the issue I have with him..

He was a part of the problem.. Has he changed his tune? That is the question..

He has always been able to tackle weak questions like the one the Moderator asked in response to his attack on the media..

His attacking the media works very well for him

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Bach-man announced her new tax plan..

*THE HAPPY MEAL PLAN*

Everyone pays a happy meals worth at least!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Paul finally knocked one out of the PARK!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Paul says interests rates are to low..

I can agree.

Anyone else notice BACH-man leave stage at commercial break?
edit on 9-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
First segment done...

winner = The crowd!!

then...

Gingrich, Cain, Paul, Romney.. looks like the only center stage bust is PERRY... again...

but there's still time for him to rebound..

Paul really resonated with his last chance at the mic...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
great response from Ron, I think he had to stand there for quite a long time before being asked a second question, which is stupid because he knows more about the economy than all of the candidates on stage-combined.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Great debate so far. The crowd booed loud and long when the mod tried to change the debate onto Cain's problems, and the rest of the candidates refused to join in the failed attack.

To a person, they have been very good at defending capitalism. I loved Newt's response to how he views the OWS'ers

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Romney spends too much time attacking the Democrats..and OBAMA..

IMO..

same old song.. problem is, he isn't running against Obama.. yet...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Great debate so far. The crowd booed loud and long when the mod tried to change the debate onto Cain's problems, and the rest of the candidates refused to join in the failed attack.

Oh it was a low blow, Cain has publicly
went head to head about the sexual harrassment
it has no place in the debate.

That hot momma just wants her 5 min. of fame..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

the ones that attack Obama are the most shallow ones with the least to offer, imo.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Every time I hear Cain say NINE NINE NINE, I can swear I'm watching an infomercial.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join