It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Threatens to Blow up Best Buy Because They Sold Out of COD MW3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The title pretty much says it all. A 31 year old guy gets irate because Best Buy had sold out of COD MW3 and he had per-ordered it. He threatens to blow up the store and shoot employees.

Man Threatens To Blow Up Store When Video Game Not In Stock

Police said he asked employees when they were leaving the store and said that he intended to shoot them in the parking lot as they were leaving work. He also allegedly made another statement that involved blowing up the store.

Wow - hell hath no fury like nerd rage I guess.

Is it just me or are people generally getting more and more nutty over increasingly smaller things?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Is it just me or are people generally getting more and more nutty over increasingly smaller things?

Sure as hell seems like it.

I cant believe the guy is in his thirties. Well into adulthood. I could understand some lunatic behavior from teenagers. Maybe even from an emotionally stunted twenty-something. But a guy in his thirties? Over a childs toy?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow that certainly is a bit drastic! I mean, its only CoD and Battlefield 3 came out last week.

But so help me god, if i dont get a copy of Skyrim on friday, there wont be a Best Buy left standing!

Ps. Oh, and to the above poster, im almost 41.
edit on 9-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What's his ATS username?

2nd.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
LOL. Dude, i'm waiting till Boxing Day. And the only game I own right now is Modern Warfare 2.(yourmaker74 psn
)
This guy needs to chill out and deal with it. Go for a run or something, loosen up those clogged arteries in your brains.
Or I guess now, sit in jail, and not play mw3, for a LONG time.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow, so I take it there wasn't a Game Stop somewhere near the area he could have taken his money to ??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Time to step back ,trade in his adult console and buy a WII .

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If he's so quick to resort to armed violence over such things, I would recommend signing up for the US Army / USMC. What a hypocrite to get angry at a retailer when he's full of as much fervor as others who already grabbed their copy before he did. You'd think it was the last of some necessity unavailable to him, but nope ... just plain ole consumerism... to the extreme.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Frogs

Sure as hell seems like it.

I cant believe the guy is in his thirties. Well into adulthood. I could understand some lunatic behavior from teenagers. Maybe even from an emotionally stunted twenty-something. But a guy in his thirties? Over a childs toy?

you think a real-life simulation of military combat is for children?

you think mental illness is only for teenagers?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Poor guy..

Sexual deprivation is a very serious syndrome that leads to these pent up nerd outburst when one suffering from said sexual deprivation experiences a loss of a video game.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

Ultra-realistic Im sure.

Die 12 times, come back, run nuts holding the trigger, call your own personal nuke. So damn realistic I'm having flashbacks just thinking about it.

For all the "fanboys" and forty year old "gamers" out there I dont care if you like playing games. I call it a "childs toy" because that's what it is. I have toys. Everybody has toys. It wasnt meant to be derisive. Simply placing it in context along the hierarchy of needs. Where it ranks lower than dead last. No need to jump up spilling Doritos off your chest to defend your hobbies. Unless you're insecure about them in the first place.
edit on 9-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow. Wish I knew his screen name... he'd be fun to camp I think

Someone needs a timeout.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ultra-realistic Im sure.

Die 12 times, come back, run nuts holding the trigger, call your own personal nuke. So damn realistic I'm having flashbacks just thinking about it.

youre just splitting hairs in an attempt to evade admitting the obvious.

these games are not meant for children.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Ultra-realistic Im sure.

For all the "fanboys" and forty year old "gamers" out there I dont care if you like playing games. I call it a "childs toy" because that's what it is. I have toys. Everybody has toys. It wasnt meant to be derisive. Simply placing it in context along the hierarchy of needs. Where it ranks lower than dead last. No need to jump up spilling Doritos off your chest to defend your hobbies. Unless you're insecure about them in the first place.

i think that last part was meant to be derisive.
i dont play these games, but i know damn well they arent for children.

i see what you meant to say though.

i think the point you were trying to make perfectly explains what you seem to be unable to understand.

if this man was a normal healthy person, why would a "childs game" be the center of his universe?
it wouldnt, so he probably isnt.

link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Wow. Wish I knew his screen name... he'd be fun to camp I think

Someone needs a timeout.

I think he needs a life. He's probably someone i wouldnt want to play with on CoD. He would be like that man who showed up at the kid's front door step to punch him out.

link   

youre just splitting hairs in an attempt to evade admitting the obvious.

these games are not meant for children.

What the obvious? An "M" rated game is being played right now by millions of 14 year olds?

The Doritos thing? Yeah, that was meant to be derisive.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
***BEWARE: SOME BAD LANGUAGE***

Dont deny it....

MOTF!
edit on 9-11-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You guys are being too harsh. It took a lot of courage for him to crawl up out of his mother's basement. He probably needed a little longer to adjust to the light (or reality).

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Nerd rage .. is without a doubt .. the funniest of all the rages. Gotta love it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join