It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Economy At The Tipping Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Europe is heading for recession. China is battling its own economic demons. And with the United States also facing problems at home (9% unemployment anyone?), it's hardly in a position to help. Without a white knight to step in and save the day, will we all go down together?

money.cnn.com...

I normally wouldn't post these kinds of things because ATS members offer up plenty of threads like this daily. However, this time I wanted to post this because the MSM is now seemingly hopping on the doom bandwagon. Usually, we see the MSM trying to candy coat reality when it comes to the economy. Personally, I don't understand the markets. Whenever there is good reason to believe the markets should crash, they tend to do quite the opposite.

Things have seemed held together by our unknown "masters" pulling the strings through the last decade. (probably much longer) Looking at our current state from a non insider perspective, it's baffling to me how the entire system hasn't completely collapsed yet. I'm always left with a huge question mark.

edit on 9-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Safety nets is the reason it has not crashed, yet.

TPTB have known for a long time what they are doing, and have accounted for several scenarios that could arise over time. All these little adjustments or whatever you want to call them is simply them moving their own resources around to suit their needs at the moment. Each time they manipulate the system to hold off impending collapse they reduce their buffer zone they have built.

It is coming, it will get to the point when the TPTB have no more moves left. When they run out of options is when we see tshtf. They will fight to hold on to everything they can, the question will then be, will the citizens defend their selves when tptb come knocking to take whatever it is they want. Once this happens, the average citizen will be viewed as the enemy from the tptb.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been asking myself this same question. What is keeping the markets afloat?

I've always theorized that TPTB just wanted to bleed us dry before they let the house of cards collapse. We've been kicking the can down the road for some time. Is there more than just money to gain by prolonging the inevitable?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's the White Knight remark which scares me.
We don't need no stinking White Knight, esse.
Especially none of the following candidates - China, the Vatican, Goldman Sachs, or some dictatorial compound concocted by little Mz Aryan, the IMF and ECB .

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good thread. It’s not about doom and gloom when no one makes any irrational predictions, which you haven’t, you’re just sharing information that presents a plausible argument imo.
The global economy is not in good shape at all, and there are significant challenges it faces. I think the last ten years in particular, growth in the global economy has been held up with easy credit and money, and now that is coming to a head as well. The debt held by many households, banks and sovereigns cannot be sustained where economic growth is weakening and people lose jobs. I find the reference to a white knight interesting, almost like the world crying out for their saviour to come rescue it from demise.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
White Knight, you say? The last Pope aka the Anti-Christ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I thought that statement was strange as well.. We don't usually hear these kinds of statements in the MSM, unless it's fear mongering, which maybe it is?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I remember when I was a kid learning that the White Knight was a medieval euphamism for a plague carrier (crusaders brought back all kinds of diseases, plus they were often socially-challenged after spending years hacking off people's limbs in the desert).
When the MSM starts dropping that term in it suggests that soon we will be given one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Interesting, I guess only time will tell. Sure feels like we are in for *something* either way! (of course it's felt that way for a long time now)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here's an MSNBC video of "Mark Farbers gloom and doom" report today:

video.cnbc.com...

Another example of the MSMs seemingly increasing use of the word "doom" when it comes to the world economy.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

and with the economic boat ready to sink, our wonderful leaders are pondering an attack on Iran.

how will our "on life support" economy deal with gas at 5 $ or more per gallon.

ows will get a focus once another stupid war about "weapons of mass destruction" gets going.

will anybody beleive the parade of pompous lying faces on tv one more time?
as the criminals make their stew of religion, patriotism, and scream "we are at war"

how many times will people follow this garbage?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Yep, it's not hard to see the same posturing is happening now as it did in Iraq. One of the biggest reasons I'm voting for Ron Paul is because of his foreign policy. When even the media starts speaking of world economic doom, right now would be the worst time to go to war with IRAN. The U.S. is bankrupt and has been for a long time. It's time to admit it and it's time to get rid of the Federal Reserve as well as get our troops the hell back home.

new topics

top topics

join