It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shamanism - The Old Story - What are the UFO/Alien Phenomena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Greetings everyone.

I invite you to take a moment to sit down, clear your mind and hear this old story of my shamanic lineage.

We refer a lot in our stories about the existence of worlds/realms which are not visible or even slightly tangible to the untrained perceiver. We call these places , Upper, Lower, Middle, Under, and Otherworld.

The tale begins by a telling of the first moment of existence, which describes a universal mother which we call the Great Ocean, limitless in size and stretching out through all of space. In her loneliness the great ocean called out to the one beyond her world, the one above, to send her another.

In response to this plea, the one above sent to her the primordial lightning which pierced the center of the great ocean and in that instant, the stars were born. As the stars grew, so the planets were formed and it is known in this story that our mother, the earth came into being.

All who walk this earth, come from the stars, all beings both seen and unseen. One by one the stars descended from the great tree onto the earth First came the plants..the trees, the flowers, the berries, the vines, then came the animals, the cow, the wolf, the sow, the coyote, the frog, and each who came had their very own song, which was the very make up of their existance, their own personal vibration.

Then finally, came the first man, a helpless pink being, as all of creation observed this tiny pink babe, they waited for it to sing its song - silence - The animals didnt know what to do, they were fearful, a being with no song? How was this possible?

To compensate, they began to teach this human their song, and as the human grew up singing the songs of others, he came to live with the cow, thinking all the while that he was the same as they.

Then finally on one fateful day, the first man was walking along the riverside beside his mother the cow. Looking into the surface of the river, he gazed for the first time upon his reflection. The first man panicked for the realization that faced him, was that he was not a cow, he was not a pig, or a wolf, he was alone.

Fear gripped him, and he fled from the forest, he fled deep into the wastes on the outer rims and exhausted he slumped down and fell into a deep slumber. He dreamed a dream, A dream where he was not alone. Within this dream were many men so for this illusion his loneliness could be quenched.

The animals found this first man, and realized that he would not come back, for he had forgotten what was the dream and what was real. The animals decided that they must go into the dream, to retrieve the first man.

Who they asked? Who will we send? To which a voice replied "I will go"

It was the spirit of the forest, he shaped herself into a woman. I will go into the dream of man and bring him home. So into the dream she went, and as fate would have it, she too fell into the lure of the dream. The animals looked on in horror, Who will go now they asked? Panic setting in.

So the story continues, man and woman, trapped within a dream.

Unknown beings coming in and coming out, wondering how on earth "How do we wake this dreamer?"

-----

So thats the end of this very old story, A story which tried for centuries to explain the existence of human consciousness in this world, to explain the mystery of life and death and the existence of "The Others"

Who are these beings who seem not to physically exist within our world?

Do what we perceive as aliens enter "The Dream" in order to look for a way to awaken all of humanity?

ARE we truly alone? Within our dreamworld?

Yet just beyond the borders of here and there, within that space which lies in between is there another world?

A place of reality from which the dreamer must eventually awaken to?

This is an old story, this is my story,

Welcome to the dream within a dream. A self made prison for the fearful and lonely mind of man.

Do we have elder brothers and sisters who still reach for us from a world beyond?

The ancestors thought so.

-GM

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I found your story extremely fascinating.

I am eager to hear more, and perhaps what your own personal thoughts are on this subject.

What do you think this story means to the rest of us?

Can you describe the different levels in more detail?

This dream world the man and woman fell into – obviously that is earth -- but what about the original world – heaven?

Please continue.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I read your story again?

By that story are we all just a collective conciousness of one being who is dreaming?

By harming others are we actually harming ourselves?

Is that the general direction?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
From what tribe does your story come? There are many stories in many cultures. To which does this belong?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I found your story extremely fascinating.

I am eager to hear more, and perhaps what your own personal thoughts are on this subject.

What do you think this story means to the rest of us?

Can you describe the different levels in more detail?

This dream world the man and woman fell into – obviously that is earth -- but what about the original world – heaven?

Please continue.

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I read your story again?

By that story are we all just a collective conciousness of one being who is dreaming?

By harming others are we actually harming ourselves?

Is that the general direction?

According to tradition, we are all dreaming eachother into being, the one mind of humanity is the source of everything we experience. Everything we know to be real is a product this one dreamer, but there is much more beyond what the dream can unveil, Can you imagine such as concept as 'beyond human imagination'?

Yes the oldest traditions talk about, do unto others as you would do unto you, by killing one man, you kill the entire race, this wisdom is ancient and cryptic and cannot be properly understood by those who are firmly enthralled in their dream of separation.

What does this mean for the rest of us? We are asleep, and many are awakening, not entirely, but its like becoming empowered through a state of lucid dreaming, but instead it is a lucid wakefulness, realizing that what we see as real, is also just a dream of ourselves and everyone elses creation.

As you reach higher and higher levels of consciousness, you realize that you are everyone and everyone is you, yet we are individual in appearance. I said earlier in another therad "The truth of what is, would drive us mad"

There are various bloodlines and lineages who believe that Shaman are sent by the spirits to awaken mankind from the dream. Living dreamers, sent to awaken themselves, and then to awaken the others.

Its an uphill climb and even the shaman dont truly remember what they are supposed to do.

Its a conundrum.

-GM

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
From what tribe does your story come? There are many stories in many cultures. To which does this belong?

This story comes from an oral tradition of Northwestern Europe, The people of the wolf.

It is related to Tuvan and ancient druidic practices, but is a flavor all its own.

-GM
edit on 9-11-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Your post is very interesting.

So does that mean if the origional dreamer were to "wake up" we would all just not exist?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Welcome to the dream within a dream. A self made prison for the fearful and lonely mind of man.

Do we have elder brothers and sisters who still reach for us from a world beyond?

An attempt at Edgar Allen Poe, a Dream Within a Dream.

The rest of it sounds like a representation of the Satanic- Delphic Olympian Zeus, who wants to keep us all in humanity locked up in prison. To keep us from knowing or expressing any ideas or creativity.

Zeus banned the knowledge of science (e.g., "fire") from the minds of mortal men and women.

Popular opinion, is the deadiest of the Trojan Horses inserted into the domains of mankind today. We must tell Nemesis to stay home! Happily, and perhaps to the surprise of some people, she will willingly do so!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It could be called Inception (like the movie). Very interesting indeed, although your main topic was about Shamanism, if you could explain a bit more about it and how it really relates to your story, it would be great.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gradius Maximus
Greetings everyone.

I invite you to take a moment to sit down, clear your mind and hear this old story of my shamanic lineage.

We refer a lot in our stories about the existence of worlds/realms which are not visible or even slightly tangible to the untrained perceiver. We call these places , Upper, Lower, Middle, Under, and Otherworld.

The tale begins by a telling of the first moment of existence, which describes a universal mother which we call the Great Ocean, limitless in size and stretching out through all of space. In her loneliness the great ocean called out to the one beyond her world, the one above, to send her another.

In response to this plea, the one above sent to her the primordial lightning which pierced the center of the great ocean and in that instant, the stars were born. As the stars grew, so the planets were formed and it is known in this story that our mother, the earth came into being.

All who walk this earth, come from the stars, all beings both seen and unseen. One by one the stars descended from the great tree onto the earth First came the plants..the trees, the flowers, the berries, the vines, then came the animals, the cow, the wolf, the sow, the coyote, the frog, and each who came had their very own song, which was the very make up of their existance, their own personal vibration.

Then finally, came the first man, a helpless pink being, as all of creation observed this tiny pink babe, they waited for it to sing its song - silence - The animals didnt know what to do, they were fearful, a being with no song? How was this possible?

To compensate, they began to teach this human their song, and as the human grew up singing the songs of others, he came to live with the cow, thinking all the while that he was the same as they.

Then finally on one fateful day, the first man was walking along the riverside beside his mother the cow. Looking into the surface of the river, he gazed for the first time upon his reflection. The first man panicked for the realization that faced him, was that he was not a cow, he was not a pig, or a wolf, he was alone.

Fear gripped him, and he fled from the forest, he fled deep into the wastes on the outer rims and exhausted he slumped down and fell into a deep slumber. He dreamed a dream, A dream where he was not alone. Within this dream were many men so for this illusion his loneliness could be quenched.

The animals found this first man, and realized that he would not come back, for he had forgotten what was the dream and what was real. The animals decided that they must go into the dream, to retrieve the first man.

Who they asked? Who will we send? To which a voice replied "I will go"

It was the spirit of the forest, he shaped herself into a woman. I will go into the dream of man and bring him home. So into the dream she went, and as fate would have it, she too fell into the lure of the dream. The animals looked on in horror, Who will go now they asked? Panic setting in.

So the story continues, man and woman, trapped within a dream.

Unknown beings coming in and coming out, wondering how on earth "How do we wake this dreamer?"

-----

So thats the end of this very old story, A story which tried for centuries to explain the existence of human consciousness in this world, to explain the mystery of life and death and the existence of "The Others"

Who are these beings who seem not to physically exist within our world?

Do what we perceive as aliens enter "The Dream" in order to look for a way to awaken all of humanity?

ARE we truly alone? Within our dreamworld?

Yet just beyond the borders of here and there, within that space which lies in between is there another world?

A place of reality from which the dreamer must eventually awaken to?

-GM

hey, long time lurker here, first time poster... this struck a chord within me so deep I don't even know where it came from. I know a bit about shamanism and the like and have always been interested in it. Something in me says this is a path I need to explore, maybe its even one I have even been down before.

are there any lineage... "requirements?"

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
Your post is very interesting.

So does that mean if the origional dreamer were to "wake up" we would all just not exist?

Sounds like the premise for the Matrix movie...
waking-up outside the collective would make that individual totally superior, perhaps becoming 'good or evil' personnified

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
In the Bible, we read that God put Adam into a deep, supernatural sleep. Then God took a rib from him and made Eve.

But we never read that God woke Adam up.

We just assume he did, but it's not explicily stated.

What if Adam never woke? What if the world is the supernatural dreamscape of Adam? What if we, as the dream characters, are aspects of his personality? Upon waking, we would find that we are one. We would take off our masks, and find that there was only one actor all along, playing many roles.

edit on 565SundayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuSundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join