It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domesday Forum? Shall we quarantine the all the Domesday threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Believe me when I say we will still have doomsday scenarios in 2013 and beyond. Think ahead ATS.

I get DIBBS on Apophis !!!!!! 2029....

I wonder if it will take out ISS first?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
First, it's Doomsday, not domesday.

Domesday is correct...

It is Olde English

]"Domesday Book", from Historic Byways and Highways of Old England (1900) ed. Andrew Williams

Domesday Book (pronounced /ˈduːmzdeɪ/ or sometimes /ˈdoʊmzdeɪ/),[1][2] now held at The National Archives, Kew, Richmond upon Thames in South West London, is the record of the great survey of much of England and parts of Wales completed in 1086. The survey was executed for William I of England (William the Conqueror): "While spending the Christmas of 1085 in Gloucester, William had deep speech with his counsellors and sent men all over England to each shire to find out what or how much each landholder had in land and livestock, and what it was worth" (Anglo-Saxon Chronicle).

en.wikipedia.org...

So all you people making fun of the spelling are not doing very good at DENYING your IGNORANCE

Now I think I shall go and sharpen my sward
edit on 10-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I just become a ATS member a minutes ago. I just thought I wanted to say something here and yes this is my FIRST post. I enjoyed reading all the doomsayers on every threads on New Topics and Top Topics. I don't believe any of it. I just like to see what they say. I heard a lots of talk about 2012, almost every civilizations from the past to now is pointing their fingers at Dec 21, 2012 or any other date in 2012. I remember what the verse said from the Bible, it said " No man know the date or hour, not even the angels and Jesus in Heaven know, only the father know."
So, I'm just saying, all these talk about end of the world, apocalypse, and antichrist, etc, etc. is something we can keep our eyes open and see if anything happen or not. I just sit back and hear them out. I know few things that will happen but I do not know when it'll come: Food Shortage, Mother nature disaster (fire, earthquake, tsunamis, etc) world war 3 ( it's the only way to depopulate people and move on). Diseases worldwide, 1/3 of world water is dirty, ice melting (not by Global Warming, I meant we used too much gases in our atmosphere from our vehicles and industrials everywhere), world governments deceived their own nations and people start riot (total anarchy), and all our technology, electricity, battery, everything that work with power will be fried by an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack or by Sun's solar flare. Those are few things that could happen in the future but like I said, I do not know when these events will happen. Money will become meaningless in the end. We all will work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity.
Thanks.. you made me an ats member today.
I've been reading a lots since 2008 as a guest.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JTK2000

Just think, you'll be able to read about all the different ways the world is about to end under one roof. A single forum for people who want to read it. I'll go take a peek if a thread gets a hundred flags or more.

The purpose of this thread wasn't to end all the talk about this material. It is just to provide a proper forum for it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Actually, either spelling is correct (although it's no longer common practice to use the Old English spelling of words once they've been replaced with a modern vernacular).

From dictionary.com (link):

World English Dictionary
domesday (ˈduːmzˌdeɪ)
—n
a variant spelling of doomsday

doomsday or domesday (ˈduːmzˌdeɪ)
—n
1. (sometimes capital) the day on which the Last Judgment will occur
2. any day of reckoning
3. (modifier) characterized by predictions of disaster: doomsday scenario

[Old English dōmes dæg Judgment Day; related to Old Norse domsdagr]

And again (link):

World English Dictionary
—n
1. (sometimes capital) the day on which the Last Judgment will occur
2. any day of reckoning
3. (modifier) characterized by predictions of disaster: doomsday scenario

[Old English dōmes dæg Judgment Day; related to Old Norse domsdagr]

The definitions are exactly the same so theoretically, either one is correct. No need to be concerned OP. Just thought I'd provide a bit of clarification...

Back on topic, I personally don't care where they put the Domesday or Doomsday section as long as it's in a seperate spot where one can choose if he/she wants to peruse the subject matter.

Also, it's not really fair for some who have posted to look down on people who theorize on such topics since it's usually an outlet to alleviate their anxiety. Who are we to judge?

With that said, you can't really have it as part of the 2012 forum because not every single DD scenario is related to 2012. Just offering my own humble opinion.

Timidgal

EDIT: Sorry but I initially overlooked Arbitrageur's post about the 2012 forum and I agree with his/her reasoning. Perhaps making it a combined 2012/Doomsday forum until 2013 is the perfect solution.
edit on 11/10/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

If we call it "Doomsday/2012". Surely that's acceptable?

I think the idea has enough support. Doomsdayers will have their own forum and non-Doomsdayers will be free.

If anyone has any comments then get on the thread soon as I will be starting a suggestion and using the best ideas off here and a link. This is your chance to be heard.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I think that Doomsday/2012 is a great idea in that it doesn't necessitate the need for yet another forum area and can easily be changed to just "Doomsday" on 12/22/2012 (or 1/1/2013).

LOL, even though 2012 will surely come and go, Doomsday scenarios never will so this is the perfect solution.

Timidgal

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
Actually, either spelling is correct

World English Dictionary
domesday (ˈduːmzˌdeɪ)
a variant spelling of doomsday
Well thanks, I learned something, and that should make Pimander feel better.

But I'm still prejudiced not only to prefer new english over old english, but also: try this line which the bad guy likes to say in the movies:

"Prepare to meet your doom" (I think that was said by the bad guy "Annubis" in Stargate SG-1, among others)

Now try this: "Prepare to meet your dome".

That doesn't quite work for me.
Yeah I know it's not quite the same word, but it's the main component of the word other than "day"

ATS should change not only the title of the forum to "Doomsday/2012", but also the brief description at the top of the forum threads as follows.

FROM: "2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012."

TO: "Doomsday/2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies, including those surrounding the year 2012."

That can be used until 1/1/2013 and then they can just drop the 2012.

How does that sound?

Originally posted by zorgon

Yeah, that's one of them, it's a pretty good one, a lot less lame than the 2012 story.

But I was actually referring to 2013 and 2014 which already appear on this site:

web.me.com...

They don't even have your 2029 Apophis listed, they need to add it!

edit on 10-11-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

No because that will expire in a year
and the Prophesies will continue. After all Sitchin told us Nibiru won't be back until 2900 AD so we have some time to wait

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
I don't care where they put them, but I'd rather see a hundred doomsday threads (it is a conspiracy site, after all) than all these monotonous political trollbait threads.

I don't mind the political trollbait threads so much, because:

1) As suggested above, I don't read them, since they're already pretty much quarantined.
2) I'm a sheeple.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No because that will expire in a year
and the Prophesies will continue. After all Sitchin told us Nibiru won't be back until 2900 AD so we have some time to wait

Now, when he said it would be back at that time, does that mean it will be at its closest to the Earth, or simply at a point close enough that the Nibirunians (Nibiruites?) can get here with their vimanas or Ezekiel wheels or whatever the hell they're flying these days?

P.S. -- Speaking of which, anybody seen that new Lars Von Tier movie "Melancholia" yet? I hear that has some hot planet-on-planet action.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that the ISS will fall on some back country shepherd all on its own long before that. Now there was a huge waste of quite a few billion dollars!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
OR....you could simply choose not to read them.

Instead of ridiculing them, stay away.

Could that solve your problem?

They deserve ridicule. We are all adults here. Not children who by default tell tall stories due to immaturity, attention seeking and lack of education and life experience. Solving the problem ( as you put it) entails educating people so they don't make the same stupid mistake twice. It's called social conscience. Why should people of good conscience sit idly by and allow ignorant people to spread unnecessary fear?

Some of us wish to elevate ATS above the craziness and ignorance that is plaguing this forum. Others wish to turn it into a third rate tabloid site.

IRM

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think that after seeing that the most revered day in the the numerologists calendar has almost come to an end (probably already has in some time zones) without anything happening, all of the numerology threads should be automatically diverted to the hoax forum until they have substantial proof that numerology is nothing other than superstition - which will be never

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You've all seen them. Some of us take a quick look at the first and smell BS. We are then subjected to thread after thread on the same topic. Lots of gullible members buy it and get sucked in....

Another Domesday thread!!!

I'm not saying it isn't a legitimate topic. But every time there is a passing comet or asteroid the world is not about to end. Every numerically interesting date (11/11/11 is the next after today 11/9/11) doesn't signify the world ending. A lot of us are getting tired of filtering out all the time wasting threads on various Domesday scenarios. I for one get RSS notification if it is one of the forums I follow but I don't want to.

Would the Mods like a forum called Domesday where you could send any Domesday topic to. That way folks obsessed with this can go live there and leave the rest of the forum for other topics.

I know there is a natural disasters one already but they rarely put Domesday threads there. Surely this might make the forum happier place. "Domesdayers" will have a proper home and the rest of us can have less clutter.

What do members and Mods/Admin reckon?

A curious thing.. censor the "Domesdayers"

This is what the whole Elenin/YU55 thing was about.. This was a genuine Doom scenario with real evidence.
The patterns were there, but the reason nothing happened is because it was the wrong event..

This whole thing was manufactured so next time someone starts talking about doom.. we get "oh yeah! remember Elenin and that YU55 crap !'

If you scan through the threads there are some posters such as the Satori theory which revealed actually the patterns were there, but rather than the event being that an asteroid would hit.. It was an exercise to erode our faith in anything associated with a doom scenario. Furthermore it was designed to get us used to cosmic threats without creating panic.

If there really was a cosmic threat approaching we now actually have no tools to discuss it, as it has been decimated as a topic. We should never stop discussing something because it annoys a select few.. and I have to question the motivation of anyone who would ask such a thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think your idea of a separate Domesday / Doomsday forum is a sound one - to encompass all possible scenarios.

It makes it easer for everyone: those who want to avoid the subject and those who want to seek it out and participate.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mockrock
If there really was a cosmic threat approaching we now actually have no tools to discuss it, as it has been decimated as a topic. We should never stop discussing something because it annoys a select few.. and I have to question the motivation of anyone who would ask such a thing.
You must have a serious comprehension skills deficit if you think the suggestion was that people should not discuss it. I am suggesting there needs to be a forum where it can be discussed. Like the "UFO and Aliens" or "Conspiracies in Religions" forums.

Why should the Doomsday type stuff be all over ATS like a rash? What makes it such a special case? Nothing in my opinion so give it a home and stop forcing everyone to read about it.

edit on 12/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

This quote sums it up nicely.

Originally posted by berenike
I think your idea of a separate Domesday / Doomsday forum is a sound one - to encompass all possible scenarios.

It makes it easer for everyone: those who want to avoid the subject and those who want to seek it out and participate.
Now can you stop pretending this is censorship. I do get bored correcting nonsense sometimes.

edit on 12/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have submitted a suggestions form. If we are lucky they will be discussing it in an admin thread as I type.

I did request that they post a reply on this thread so with any luck we might find out what the answer is.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Wrong Thread
edit on 27-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join