It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what a story this is! ..what a doctor said infront of an abortion

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Please revise your statement. Not everyone who is pro life is ok with war. Not everyone in the military is there to kill. Not every engineer designs weapons. Your assumption is biased and attempts to include millions who are pro life that do not support what you claim they do.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have a few questions.

Why is it a happily pregnant woman is having a baby, yet when the pregnancy is unwanted it is a fetus?

Not sure about euthinasia in other countries, here in the UK it is illegal, someone sufferring intolerable pain, having just a few weeks or days to live cannot be put out of their misery, yet a potential healthy human can be denied life..why..

Why do we keep people alive in the last stages of Altzimers, they have no quality of life, more than often have to be spoon fed, without drugs they would most certainly die....why..

Babies are aborted for a cleft palate or hare lip often in the latter stages of pregnancy...why..

I have personal experience of an abortion, watching a father fade away due to Altzimers and an uncle suffering from the pain of cancer.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tricycle

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Maslo
The Bible about killing babies:

Psalm 137:9
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

That psalm was referring to the babylonian invasion and exile of the jews and youre taking that verse out of context.

So lonewolf, you're saying it's even more ok, biblically sanctioned even, if they are not christian babies? Huh. pretty consistent I guess.

Over all I find this thread very disturbing, and I really think the "lifers" discredit themselves with their lack of clear policy to put forward. Recently proposed state legislation has left important exceptions out of the proposed laws. A previously mentioned and summarily dismissed exception such as RAPE although rare, these circumstances are not to be ignored as "statistically irrelevant", because for those going through them they are not.

No that verse is talking about how the babylonians threw jewish babies from the walls and dashed their brains out on the rocks and that the jews would be avenged and return the favor. It has nothing to do with sanctioning anything, you took a verse and used it out of context and i set the matter straight.

It is not the childs fault the father raped the mother, the child has no fault in the matter so why punish the baby for the crimes of the father? Does that seem right to you? All life is sacred and a gift but it is the corruption of men that pollutes it.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I agree. This is just an anti-choice fable. The Republicans want to legislate their morality yet again. But when it comes to providing any sort of support infrastructure to nurture anyone - jobs and education for the mothers and children, or even healthcare? Foggeddabadat.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

saying that a fetus is a human being at the moment of conception is a a reach. i think what is an anti-women quilt trip. i do not many women who look forward to an abortion.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Why is it a happily pregnant woman is having a baby, yet when the pregnancy is unwanted it is a fetus?

Do you mean, "I'm going to have a baby," and, "I have a fetus?"

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

It is not the childs fault the father raped the mother, the child has no fault in the matter so why punish the baby for the crimes of the father? Does that seem right to you? All life is sacred and a gift but it is the corruption of men that pollutes it.

It's a fact that life is ancient, our direct ancestors were the first life on Earth billions of years ago, and all the matter of the Earth and everything on it descended from dying stars. But it's an opinion that life is sacred. Look at nature, animals (us included) of every species struggling to consume matter. Animals of the same species literally ripping each other apart. Chimpanzees are known to have tribal wars and even cannibalize with the flesh of fallen enemy chimps. And Earth is the most docile place in the universe that we know of. Anywhere but Earth (to our current knowledge) will destroy life. That isn't sacred. That's rare. Given the current trends of the masses of people inhabiting Earth, they don't really want the populated world to survive anyways. Other than 'moral trauma' I don't see what's wrong with abortion. Although I believe people should always use contraceptives unless they are planning to have a child.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
After watching life before birth. (Yes i know what the hell) I can never imagine myself ever having a abortion, but me and my partner have been trying for two months now and no luck, depressing. thank you for sharing.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Shewhohasnoname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kyobosha
reply to post by spikey

Please revise your statement. Not everyone who is pro life is ok with war. Not everyone in the military is there to kill. Not every engineer designs weapons. Your assumption is biased and attempts to include millions who are pro life that do not support what you claim they do.

Even if you're only driving the get away car, you are an accomplice to robbery if that's the main objective of the group working together with. I get your point and still, this is a fact. If I am a the secretary for an abortion doctor, I'd say that I am an accomplice to abortion, wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by debbrown
reply to post by violet

I agree. This is just an anti-choice fable. The Republicans want to legislate their morality yet again. But when it comes to providing any sort of support infrastructure to nurture anyone - jobs and education for the mothers and children, or even healthcare? Foggeddabadat.

Except for Ron Paul. He is an ultra-Conservative, but he won't support pro-life legislation. (He also won't support pro-choice legislation, LOL.) He will also attempt to fix the foreign policy and economic woes by bringing things back home to our shores. Troops, Jobs, etc. He will increase foreign trade and diplomacy while limiting foreign aid and engagements.

Not all Republicans are bad, just the mainstream ones.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have something to share.

I have two sisters and they both had had an abortion.
One had it when she was about 17 and the other one had it when she was about 21.

They both now have children of their own, 2 each but....

This is when I have a double opinion in abortion, I think that they would have struggle to raise the child. They were really young, they diidnt have a job and they certeinly hadnt live enough to know about such a responsability but the pregnancies of one of them became a bit dangerous for her.
One of my sisters had 2 spontaneous abortions and one premature child (less than 7 months) with a lot of bleeding through the pregnancy because of the bad surgery they did to her when she aborted by choice the first child. It was very traumatising for her to go through this.
Now what I would really suggest is that if you ahve an abortion you:
a) do it at the earliest stage possible
b) do it with a clinic that is well known and knows exactly what they are doing (she did it back home where abortion is illegal and clinics could not be doggier)
c) think really well what could be the future.

My other sister had complication in her first pregnancy but it was not related to the abortion and the second one was a very good pregnancy and a good birth too but she is constantly thinking about what she did. I always tell her that it was a decision that was taken already and that is in the past but she still thinks about it and I dont think she can forgive herself. That probably has to do because she is still with the same person (now her husband) but I do believe as an outsider that it would had made her life quite dfficult, specially starting at 17.

So, I believe abortion is a delicate situation and it really depends on the situation of the woman and also that the woman has the choice.

If my friend is raped, I would encourage to have an abortion but if anotehr friend make slove to her boyfriend and cannot have the child I would suggest abortion and also adoption because then the child will have the opportunity to have a family that can take care emotionally and financially of a child.

But again, that is a decision that should be personal and well thought
edit on 5-12-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

<< 30  31  32   >>

join