It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have To Fall Asleep So Our Brains Can Be Downloaded With New Simulated Reality Data

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by douglas82391
Actually science has discovered exactly why we need to sleep, what happens if we don't sleep, and what happens while we sleep. Although facts disprove your theory, still, c'mon, that's a little out there I'd say.

I don't think they know "exactly" why we "have" to sleep and i know they don't know what happens while we are sleeping...But i do...

You do eh?

How do you so blindly believe in something that you just "thought up"?

Can you prove that you know why we sleep? Because Neuropsychologists can. Using imperical data, fMRI's, and a host of other imperical tests.

Why We Sleep:

The Recuperation Theory of Sleep - Essentially, being awake disrupts the homeostatis of the body in such a way that sleep is required to restore it.

Adaption Theories of Sleep - Mammals run on a 24-hour timing mechanism, that causes us to sleep at night (for adaptive purpose in our evolutionary history). Entails that we are highly motivated to engage in sleep, but dont necessarily need it to be healthy. This is dictated by our Circadian Rhythm.

They are theories because they cannot be proven to be the only mechanism that control sleep. But, given the evidence, I wouldn't hesitate to completely throw your "theory of aliens and sleep" out the window...

The fact is, we don't need sleep. We don't need 8 hours. Humans live healthier and longer with between 5 and 7 hours of sleep per day. So your theory that sleep is basically fundamental to our continued existence is born out of ignorance.

If you took even 2 second to learn what sleep actually IS, you would almost certainly discover what it ISNT.

And what it isn't is the mysterious, up for wild interpretation mechanism that you make it out to be...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The previously down-loaded,virtual reality data has not run its course yet and when the simulation machine detects that your brain is ready for new holographically simulated data,you will quickly and sometimes suddenly and unexpectedly get very tired and fall asleep...

Not to mention that this ^^^ is silly and false. "You will quickly, suddenly fall asleep"

I hate to break it to you, but not all humans have narcolepsy. When im tired (at no pre-determined interval of "data running out") it can take me a long time to fall asleep. And when im not tired, sometimes i sleep anyways, because i know its good for me. So............... I dont understand how you can say these things.

Only on ATS, lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NAeagle89
Original poster, please check into the nearest mental clinic. Is all the science and understanding of the human knowledge all made up too and part of a greater conspiracy? The idea of everyone being in on this "false reality" could go on for infinity and the craziness begins. Utter ridiculousness.

Then that means Dr.Nick Bostrom,an Oxford Professor and a whole host of other theorists need to "Check in " as well?
edit on 10-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by blocula

You do not need anything downloaded into you. You are already complete, you are the all knowing, all seeing ever present I. Out of you comes the whole world.
When you are in deep sleep there is no things present, no objects, not even you (your character) exist. But that empty void contains everything. It is the womb out of which all images appear and disappear.
The absolute I.
We die everytime we fall asleep and we are reborn everytime we awaken...

Within the dreams of sleep we are down-loaded with virtual data that keeps us in-tranced by the holographic illusion we call reality...

Within death we return to the "Universal Consciousness" to be re-booted into another program and within another simulated reality...

And this "Universal Consciuosness" is a simulating reality machine...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe in the far away future there is a war on earth between our benevolent creators "us in the future" and malevolent evil aliens that invaded future earth and the evil aliens defeated us and hijacked or stole "the simulation machine" or were given it as war reparations and they have altered the program,down-loaded all the misery and suffering into our "virtual" world...

What was once a virtual eden has been intentionally turned into a virtual hell...

And i'm beginning to think and feel that this "machine" was once a benevolent creation and it has been turned into a soul harvester,re-programmed by malevolent beings to capture and imprison our souls within this holographic illusion we call reality...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

we are forced to fall asleep.No one is immune from having to sleep and nobody really knows why we need to sleep and nobody really knows why we have no other choice but to do so.

Really?

Read this.

or

This
edit on 10-11-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And what it isn't is the mysterious, up for wild interpretation mechanism that you make it out to be...

Go outside on a clear night and look up...See what i mean?

No one knows where we are,why we are here,or where we are going...

My theory explains a lot of things that we do not really understand...

Everything we see,hear taste,touch and smell is happening within our brains and nowhere else...That is reality...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Everything is an illusion,we dont see anything the way it actually exists,What things really look like...

For one example,look at a wall painted white.We see a solid structure that is colored white...

When in reality,that wall is not solid at all,it is constructed of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds and we see none of that taking place,but it is happening all around us everywhere...

That wall is not solid,it is mostly empty space,but our senses are unable to perceive of that space,what it really looks like,what it actually is...

That white wall is not really colored white,photons of light are reflected off the surface of the wall,through our eyes and into our brains that interpret the walls color as being white,but it is not really white and our limited five senses are unable to tell us what color it really is,because our eyesight connected to our brains are only able to identify and see the visible wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum...

Most of whatever reality actually might be is beyond our perception and comprehension...

And when you touch that wall,you only think your touching it,but you are not really coming into contact with it.The electrons of the wall are repelling against the electrons of your hand.Electrons conduct heat and electricity and it is that interaction that your brain perceives as touch...

All is illusion...And our bodies are the same as that wall...An illusion...Even death is an illusion...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Go outside on a clear night and look up...See what i mean?

No one knows where we are,why we are here,or where we are going...

My theory explains a lot of things that we do not really understand...

Everything we see,hear taste,touch and smell is happening within our brains and nowhere else...That is reality...

Thats hardly an excuse to start making up silly stories that wouldnt pass for a '70s era B movie and then defending that invention as beliefs.

There are people all over the world working on that little issue of "life, the universe, and everything". I would stay tuned!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If this all an elaborate game then can someone tell me when God is going to release the new dlc to this MMO.Also if anyone can tell me how to change my skills/perks ill appreciate alot.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That's right you will never experience a wall. You will only ever experience yourself experiencing. Whenever we touch the wall we can not feel the wall independantly, we feel hand and wall combination. The sensation hand can not be felt independantly from the feeling of wall. There is no separation between the imagined two.
The dots, pixels that make up 'the world' are projected out of you and are seen by you. There are not two things.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I really wish that more people would do the most simple and amazing thing that anyone can do.Go outside on a clear night and look up...And behold the breathtaking mystery that is all around us...
edit on 11-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Only one thing to do and we must find a brave ATS member to take on the task; Stay awake. Whoever has lots of time on their hands here should try to stay awake as long as possible. Then start your own thread documenting changes in your thought process and physical condition.

On another note, if we are just part of some computer software, it is possible that there are hackers amongst us who have been infiltrating the system. So who are the hackers?
edit on 11-11-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by robile
Only one thing to do and we must find a brave ATS member to take on the task; Stay awake. Whoever has lots of time on their hands here should try to stay awake as long as possible. Then start your own thread documenting changes in your thought process and physical condition.

On another note, if we are just part of some computer software, it is possible that there are hackers amongst us who have been infiltrating the system. So who are the hackers?
edit on 11-11-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)
What a great idea...I'll do it my next vacation and i'll start transmitting data,explain whats going on after i have already been awake for 2 or 3 days...

Some of the hackers could be enemies to the creators of the simulation machine.Evil aliens.Some of the hackers may be implanted on purpose or we may only "think" they exist,but might not really...Some of the people that you see around you might not really exist either...We are programmed to think they are there...
edit on 11-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You sound paranoid to the point of a psychological disorder. If you truely believe life isnt real, and that the people around you are not real, I highly suggest therapy, for your own sake.

And please, the last thing you need it less sleep. Here is a case surounding a person who didnt sleep for 11 days. He didnt keel over for lack of data input.

ask.yahoo.com...

The way our brain interprets reality is definitely interesting, but not nearly as mysterious as you make it out to be.

Besides, dont you think "aliens" or "extra-dimensional-beings" or "hacker aliens" or "Hitlers ghost" or "The creme puff man" would have the technological capability to "upload our brains" with new data while we were awake?

Seems like a rather rudimentary system for "alien hackers"

Not that i want to humour your train of thought. You are almost certainly delirious, and should try and find more meaningful answers to your questions. Maybe answers that you dont make up yourself... because thats a pretty good recipe for insanity.

I have looked up at the infinite reaches of space, but i didnt think up whimsical explanations. All i thought was...

"We have work to do".

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm always thinking that certain people's souls are but computerizational bot from God in somehow.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Try to stay awake without eventually "falling" asleep, it cannot be done...Hmmm,I wonder why? Because we have no choice, we have no say in the matter, we have to be downloaded and programmed with new simulated reality data.Something or someone is bringing us deep within the simulation machine that has created our holographic, virtual reality, that we are all unknowingly wired into and are a part of beyond our five senses ability to perceive...
edit on 8-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Try riding a horse without it eventually 'falling' asleep, it cannot be done...Hmmm, I wonder why? Because it has no choice, it has no say in the matter, it has to be downloaded and programmed with new simulated reality data. Something or someone is bringing it deep within the simulation machine that has created its holographic, virtual reality, that it is unknowingly wired into and is a part of beyond its 5 senses' ability to percieve...

Ohhhhh reeeaaallly...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
I'm always thinking that certain people's souls are but computerizational bot from God in somehow.
Sometimes i think that god is fractaling,transforming into ever more smaller pieces and that is why our population is always increasing...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Seems flawed. My dog sleeps, does it need a data download? What about insects? Are they deemed important enough to need a download?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nimsu1987

Our five senses tell us that dogs and insects exist,that they are really there,but are they? Do the trees, mountains and clouds really exist? or do we just think they do.Do we ourselves "really exist"? The sad and humbling fact that "every living thing" dies and literally turns back into the star dust from where they came,the sad and humbling fact that "every object" withers from view and fades into nothingness,makes me realize that everything is temporary,nothing lasts forever.We dont know what anything really looks like,we dont know what they really are.All is illusion and whatever reality actually is,remains beyond our five senses ability to perceive...

edit on 10-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join